“It just gets worse!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Wilton Manors, I have eaten at Tropics on a number of occasions. Sadly, as the years have gone by, the quality of the food has got worse. Three of us had dinner on a Thursday, which is a two for the price of one night. Despite the poor selection, I was told that I could not order from the a la carte menu. Not exactly choice. Although our waiter was excellent, we had the strange situation that even he was surprised how fast our entrees arrived - which proved to me that the food was pre-prepared. Two of us had loin of pork - never have I seen such stringy meat - I even doubt it was loin - which is one of the softer meat cuts around. As usual we had no option but to pay the 18% gratuity, which I was happy to give it to the waiter, but certainly not the cooks. Fortunately, there are now more restaurants iin Wilton Manors.

1  Thank stelondon

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I went to a 2 for 1 night and we each had prime ribs for dinner. It was just awful; 1/4 of it was fat and meat was dry as a bone. But what really surprises me was that this restaurant automatically charges you 18% gratuity on the bill. I felt insulted and would never patronize this place again in the future.

4  Thank alfredhp
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I were invited by a friend to Sunday Brunch at Tropics and we were so impressed with the selection, presentation, and wonderful atmosphere. We had mimosas and bloody Mary's for drinks and they were yummy. The food selection included, Eggs Benedict, carved ham and roast beef, custom omelets, fruit, various veggies and biscuits. Plus a great selection of desserts. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing and the whole experience was just plain pleasant. We would go back there again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My partner and I dined with 2 friends at Tropics restaurant on a Thursday evening and had a delightful experience. They were offering 2-for-1 cocktails and entrees much to our surprise! I had the chicken parmesan, which was excellent. My friend ordered the pot roast dinner and he loved it. Another friend and my partner both ordered the chicken pot pie. The filling was a little soupy but thickened after awhile and had a very good flavor. Salads were not included with our entrees, and were a little pricey for the serving size. Our server Nick was outstanding. He gave great service and recommendations. We will definitely return on our next visit to Wilton Manors.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friends and i have gone to tropics for years since new owner ship has gone down hill owners have attitudes will no go back

2  Thank davidpetrillo