“Still very good”

Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi
Ranked #20 of 83 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar. Join us for lunch or dinner to experience authentic Thai dishes and the freshest Sushi! Our atmosphere and exceptional service combine to form one of the best Thai and Sushi restaurants in South Florida. Local Delivery Available! We can also cater your next private party, or we can arrange to host the party with the Galanga atmosphere, staff, and one of a kind cuisine.
“Still very good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

A return visit here after several years revealed that Galanga is still serving fresh, well prepared food in pleasant surroundings. Service, while at times amateurish, is attentive. The food, a mix of not so traditional sushi and not so traditional Thai, is inventive.
Started with the "Healthy Lobster Roll" as an appetizer, pricey at $20. It featured salad wrapped in rice paper accompanying a lobster tail, it's still warm meat cut into bite-sized pieces. An entree of Seafood Pad Thai can be well recommended, plenty of fresh scallops, shrimp and lobster pieces over cellophane noodles with a hint of peanut sauce.
So, this reliable Wilton Manors spot is still a good choice.

Visited May 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Too much money, too little food”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We tried this restaurant because it is close to our home. It is very over priced and the serving size is barely more than a child's portion. The food was good, but I left hungry and had to eat when I got home because of the skimpy serving size.

• Visited May 2014
“Our Favorite Thai Place”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We come here once every other month, or so, to get our Thai fix. Our last visit was this past Thursday. I get the Massaman Curry (about $15), and my boyfriend gets the Pad Thai (about $14). Both are excellent. We also typically get the Thai Spring Rolls (about $5) and steamed dumplings (about $6) for appetizers. The servings are somewhat small on the appetizers, but delicious.

The place is in a free-standing, medium-sized building in the heart of Wilton Manors. It has a good atmosphere: candles, soft lighting, eclectic, trendy music in the background, Buddhist art on the walls, and a huge fish tank. The service is always phenomenal, and the waiter comes back several times to check on us, refill our drinks, etc. The seating is a tad cozy (tables somewhat close together), but the place typically isn't packed, so it doesn't feel too crowded.

GET A GROUPON/LIVINGSOCIAL! This place ALWAYS has one up (I don't really understand how they do it). We've never paid full price for a meal there. What an excellent value!

• Visited May 2014
“Good Thai Food”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Visited a week ago. Nice restaurant, ordered Tom Yum and Pad Thai.

Tom Yum was very good so was the house special Pad Thai. I did think that the plates were small and I was hungry for more when we finished. I thought the prices were a little high for such small plates. Normally I go home with a doggy bag, not here.

The place is some cozy, Dark is a better word. I had to use my phone to light up the menu so we could read it. Others there were doing the same.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Decent Service and Good Sushi!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have driven by here a number of times and had heard of Galanga during a conversation with a cashier at Publix - she advised me that the food and the service were both excellent and that I should purchase the groupon and give it a try.

This evening, my boyfriend was skimming through groupon and stumbled upon the place. I told him about the cashier's advice and we decided to go. We were a bit nervous, because the groupon instructed us to call and make reservations - my boyfriend assumed that this ensured we would receive sub-par service.That we did not.

The overall experience was quite good. We ordered a few sushi rolls to share; the healthy lobster roll, crunchy tuna, california and eel. All were quite excellent. The atmosphere was good; very relaxed and quiet while not being dull. Our spot in the corner was quite intimate - even though it was a half-booth-half-table arrangement, I feel that if people had been seated adjacent to us it would have caused minimal disturbance. Also, the service was friendly and attentive. Our server (Michelle) was very nice and even the other employees offered themselves at our service.

I will definitely recommend and return to this place. With the groupon it is an especially worthwhile deal!

• Visited March 2014