“A hidden gem”

Ranked #17 of 86 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar. Join us for lunch or dinner to experience authentic Thai dishes and the freshest Sushi! Our atmosphere and exceptional service combine to form one of the best Thai and Sushi restaurants in South Florida. Local Delivery Available! We can also cater your next private party, or we can arrange to host the party with the Galanga atmosphere, staff, and one of a kind cuisine.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The service is excellent. The exterior of Galanga might make you hesitate, but once inside, the atmosphere is cool and collected. The unfiltered Nigori {cold} Sake is perfect with a nice variety of either Sushi, or Thai entrees. The "Date Night" appetizer is enough for 2 to share. My husband and I have visited Galanga on many different special occasions, and have never been disappointed. They also deliver. It's a small place, but the atmosphere is subdued and romantic and not loud.... = Perfect. Jen, our Server, made my Birthday dinner special with smiles, attentive-ness, and a surprise "Happy Birthday" dessert. Thank You, We will be back!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The plates are cracked, the menu says one price but when you going to pay is another price, more expensive of course, the servers do not know what smile means, our waitress barely speak English, the Sushi was good, if you want good Thai food and service, go to Suko Thai in Ft Lauderdale.

1  Thank Martinithai
Reviewed February 10, 2013

but this week, 4 of us regulars for the 10 years its been open were disappointed.
Starters were fine,my pad thai lobster was excellent, more than I could eat but the 3 sea bass dinners were served with about half the usual portion of fish.
The ladies were very hungry and ate theirs but my friend sent his back. The dish returned about 15 mins later with THREE small bits of fish. He got upset and the manager took it back with his complaints and gave him another sushi starter.She took his dish off the bill and charged half price for the new dish.
She then comped a desert dish for the table.
Our social coupon got me $40 for $20 and my bill without wine was $27 plus tip. His was around $80 with a bottle of wine.
I will say that the flavors were REALLY good!
I understand that new owners are in place but if you run out of a fish on a Wednesday,tell the diner!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

A great Thai place with Indoor/outdoor seating and parking (and it is at a premium on Wilton Drive) . Weekday lunch specials 2-4-1 make this a no brainer for decent Thai food in a beautiful restaurant.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nothing like the Galanga of a couple of years ago. The food is poor to mediocre and the service not much better. I had a dish that served cold and the chicken over cooked.

1  Thank Mike P