“VERY DISAPPOINTING”

Ranked #17 of 86 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar. Join us for lunch or dinner to experience authentic Thai dishes and the freshest Sushi! Our atmosphere and exceptional service combine to form one of the best Thai and Sushi restaurants in South Florida. Local Delivery Available! We can also cater your next private party, or we can arrange to host the party with the Galanga atmosphere, staff, and one of a kind cuisine.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have been wanting to try Galanga for quite some time. Finally over the holidays we did. We were very disappointed!
The one good thing was the Creamy Rock Shrimp appetizer. The smoked Yellowtail was OK. For entrees the Crispy (fried) Grouper was good. Teriyaki Steak was served tepid and was not flavorful. Our guests are frequent sushi eaters and had Chicken Curry, Ditzy Roll and Dancing Eel Roll. Both said it was not great. They thought the crab was fake and for the price it should have been real. The service was slow. People that were seated after us received food before our order was taken (we were ready to order). We also felt the restaurant was overpriced.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Food was not that great and service was terrible. We sat outside on a nice evening and had to listen to Flo-Rida sing Low ... really? .. it was loud, and we were forgotten about. We asked to have the music changed but it never did. We made this place a go to place for a couple years but ... that has ended.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food was great, especially the sunrise (or was it sunset) appetizer roll. The Chef's choice #10 was pretty unimaginative, but good. The waitress Jennifer was very efficient, but a bit standoffish at first then warmed up to us.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

great setting with the outdoor seating....but the food is not what it used to be.....try some of the others on the drive...

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I love this place and I always have, but time to time there would be some skilless waiter who will ruin my dinner. I had happened before many times, even though I keep going back because of the food and the atmosphere and it is in my neighborhood. Last night I went with my friend for a very early dinner. Some new Asian girl was our server. She messed up our appetizers. Mine came up first, she never ringed up my friends appetizer, then she apologized that it was only her second week. Whatever, Good thing there was a liquor :) After all, I would like to say that the Asian Lady who walks around all the time, an owner or a manager should train her staff better. I see her a lot and it always seems that she is so bored, Like she is there only for the attendance, GALANGA IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES, BUT I WOULD BE WAY HAPPIER IF THE SERVICE WAS BETTER. It is an Okay service for Hooters perhaps, but for this class of a restaurant you need to do better!