“This place is always amazing and only to be visited after the gym!”

New York Grilled Cheese Co.
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Luckily, one of my favorite gyms in Ft Lauderdale is just up the road from this place. The grilled cheese sandwiches are insane! Only go after you've worked out! Seriously, I've eaten here every time I've been to Ft Lauderdale over the past 3 years and it has always been great. It isn't fancy, but the food is fattening good as one would expect.

1  Thank Mitch R

Reviewed March 6, 2014

JUST A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE ~ Based on all the reviews, I had to go and find out what all the hype was about... let me tell you, it was just an "AMAZING CULINARY EXPERIENCE"!

We were fortunate to get there a little early (11:45am) and as we were sitting in the parking lot a gentleman pulled up in a very cute "New York Grilled Cheese Co." t-shirt. We told him that we have never been here before and he suggested that we go in, sit, and they will be glad to take our order. He introduced himself ~ Leor , the proud proprietor of this darling dining establishment. The secret to Leor's (the owner) success is that out-of-the box thinking - matching textures and flavors, and adding exceptional service (thank you Alex and Ani) for the true down-to-earth hospitality.

We started off with the "Bacon Lollipops", that were crispy, crunchy and cooked to perfection with a maple syrup drizzle.

Then ~ "Sweet Potato Waffle Fries" (extra crispy) with their Marshmallow dipping sauce was something that was out of this world. Just a great treat and nostalgic rift on an old fashion Sweet Potato Pie or Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole.

For our Grilled Cheese, we were lucky enough to be able to order the "F.A.Y." Special ~ (Fifth Avenue Yelp!) ~ just an abundance of flavors in every bite, especially the when you dunk it into the exceptional "Tomato Bisque" soup. ~ HEAVEN!

Oh, on top of the sandwich was a cute roasted garlic clove on a tooth pick that just set off my taste buds.

Desert: "Cinnamon Toast Bites" ~ seasoned perfectly and light as a feather - dunking in that side of maple syrup.

A great and fun atmosphere to dine. From the local artist's paintings displayed on the walls, charging stations for your electronic devices, beautiful people watching/meeting, and the great social media reminders on their small refrigerator. A well thought out and executed business plan.

Cheers!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had the pork sandwich which I thought came with cole slaw (maybe I imagined that).
I wonder where the pork comes from. Is it some ready-made thing or fresh?
The sandwich was good.
Child had the mac and cheese grilled cheese which I thought was pretty bland.
Hubby had the bacon special thing and it repeated on him for the rest of the day.
So, I can't helped but wonder if they're frying in vegetable or canola oil which I'm totally against.
$35 for the three of us with a soda each. Not terrible, but a little up there for grilled cheese.
It wasn't super gourmet. I wish there more cheap eats like Pom Pom Sandwich House in Orlando here.
Tomato bisque soup came with it, it was really good but again I would like to know about the sourcing. That might sound uptight but ingredients are really horrid (in the very least, since the 90's, but not the current consumer is more intrinsically aware of the fact).
For families, you might want to talk to your kids about the shops next door as they are adult-themed. To be clear, I'm not speaking of orientation whatsoever, but specifically adult boutique lingo.

1  Thank Misty M
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I ordered their basic grilled cheese with American and Swiss and then added bacon. We started off with the jalapeño poppers which we had before and are fantastic . It is very good food with a casual atmosphere.

1  Thank Sccfood
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This will be the shortest review ever because this place doesn´t need any deep introduction.

I have dinned at the best places in the world, but this place takes it all. The Grilled Cheese is
the tastiest food I´ve eaten in my life.

I consider buying a house in Wilton Manors, just to be close to my favorite joint.

God Bless America and God Bless NY Grilled Cheese.

1  Thank Mark A