“Yummy grilled cheese comfort food.”

New York Grilled Cheese Co.
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Yummy grilled cheese comfort food.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very good grilled cheese sandwiches. You won't leave hungry, even if you order only a sandwich. Reasonable prices. Located in the rear of a frozen yogurt shop. Ambiance not great. No windows or outside light, but they make the best of it.

Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great new place to eat”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Great food, decent prices, chill atmosphere, very friendly staff. I would have to agree with the last reviewer about the paper products used to serve the food, I was a little disappointed on the presentation. But I've been back a few times and will continue returning.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The food is ok, service a little slow, and little ambiance”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited this fairly new addition to Wilton Manors today. I had the pork and grilled cheese sandwich, which is served with a small cup of tomato soup. It tasted ok, however, I would not go back again. The service was a bit slow, and the prices a little high for a sandwich served in a disposable paper container with only a small cup of soup to accompany it. You order at the counter then sit at a table and wait a long time for the food. After a long time the sandwiches came out but we had to wait almost 10 minutes longer for the side order of fries. The attendant who brought the food to the table said "I'll bring back napkins and spoons". He never came back. Fortunately there is a napkin dispenser near the counter and plastic spoons on the counter. The attendant also never had me sign nor ever gave me my credit card receipt. When I asked for it he said that the manager would need to reprint it because the attendant was not able to do so. I said that would be great, thanks. I never got the receipt. One customer who waited as long as we did for food got up and told the attendant that he could wait no longer as he had to go. He was forced to wait another 10 minutes then left with his order to go. I was also surprised to see a gentleman sitting with his yorkie in his lap. I love dogs, however, I do not want them sitting in an indoor restaurant with me. I understand when places accept them on their outdoor patios, but inside!?! I have enjoyed the yogurt from the shop at the front of this restaurant. The restaurant in the back used to be a lounging area for the yogurt shop. It was spacious, had nice music, and provided a great place to enjoy the yogurt. With the addition of the grilled cheese bar and the rearrangement of the furniture, the area feels a little closed in, and the lighting is bad. Overall I would say enjoy the frozen yogurt and skip the grilled cheese experience.

• Visited April 2013