“Hidden treasure!”
Review of Island Sands Inn

Island Sands Inn
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I booked ISI based on location and reviews since my husband and I didn't know the area, and wanted to be close to my daughter who moved to Ft Lauderdale. We stayed 4 nights, and the BB was one of the best experiences I've had and I'm a frequent business traveller. Mike made us feel extremely welcome (on every day), the rooms were inviting and comfortable, and setting intimate and relaxing. Mike's recommendation of Rosie's down the street was definitely the best of the 3 places we had dinner. The beach is a short distance way, so we could get into the busy beach nitelife, but comeback to quiet calm when we wanted. I loved the little extras such as complimentary wine and bottled water on our first night, made-to-order breakfast and easy parking. I'm definitely staying here the next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, Owner at Island Sands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for the kind and detailed review!! I'm happy to have had the opportunity to met the three of you!! We expect a "hello" next time you are here visiting your daughter and her new place in Ft lauderdale!! We thank you for trusting in our prior guests reviews, providing insights from your experience while staying with us and mostly for being our guests.

There are newer reviews for Island Sands Inn

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent two weekends here before and after a week long cruise. We had no information on this B & B prior to booking here, but we can honestly say we were absolutely thrilled with our stay. The hosts attention to detail is remarkable. The rooms are very well decorated, comfortable, and spacious. The pool is area is cozy, clean and very nice. We had the feeling that we were at a private home, enjoying the pool mostly to ourselves both weekends.
The Wilton Manors area has a variety of shops, bars and places to eat that cater to a gay crowd however as a straight couple we couldnt have had more fun out and about. When you can have a few drinks and dinner then literally walk less than a block to the Islands Sands, you never have to worry about driving or cabs. The beach and inter coastal will require a cab ride or drive but I would rather do that then cab late at night back to the room.
There are several reviews that talk about the hosts Jim and Mike. First and foremost they were great hosts, and are really nice guys. They make the place feel like home, except that you get breakfast delivered and get to relax. We are both busy professionals, each with older kids, so our goal was to be able to relax in a nice quiet environment. What we found was beyond our expectation because now we have two friends to visit next time we are in the area. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world in my business travels but if given a choice this is the type of place I would prefer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow! We expect to see you in Nov 2013 when you make your trip down for the 'non-profit" organization support bike ride to key west. Thank you for staying with us prior to kicking off your cruise and wrapping up you vacation!!! We would always like to wish Glenda the good witch a very happy birthday every year!!! It was our absolute pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Unfortunately we only got to spend one evening at this wonderful B&B! We did not get to meet Jim due to our short stay, but Mike was particularly outstanding in his care and service! All the little details were taken care of!! Felt like "home away from home". Having your own exterior access was a great plus! Being served breakfast pool side was great!! We are telling all of our friends about this wonderful place and will definitely be back for a much longer stay and quite frequently!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

It was my pleasure. Because of you and all the guests we have met over the past 10 months even makes this small business venture that much more rewarding. It was great to have met you & see you later in 2013. Thank you!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Ran across this gem on my third trip to Ft Lauderdale for my birthday week! Traveled with my partner and we stayed 5 nights there. Loved the relaxing, quiet atmosphere there. Loved that we were walking distance to the nightlife. Mike and Jim are two of the greatest guys you could meet, you couldn't ask for better hosts! I really enjoyed my stay there and meeting them. Can't wait to get back down there!

Russell and Doug

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you! We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us again! We would like to say thank you again and again for sharing your stay with us and hope to see you in the near future. We wish you good luck and all the best in business ventures in South Florida.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The owners Mike and Jim are such nice people and you can tell very meticulous because every detail has been thought about from a complementary split of wine to the numbering on the doors. I travel a lot and enjoyed this stay just as well as five star hotels I've stayed in. I love that this is a small place (3 or so rooms) and you have your own entrance with push pad entry so no keys to worry about losing. My friend and I traveled from Chicago in april and had lots of issues with flights and even a flat tire on our rental car and didn't get in until very late. Mike and Jim stayed up late waiting for us and called to check and make sure we were ok 3 or 4 times. We had the double queen room since there were two of us and we were not a couple. It was spacious and nice in every detail. The beds were comfortable and flat screens with cable. You have a little card that you mark off what you want for your complementary breakfast and you get to choose either 8,9 or 10 am which is so great. Mike brings it to your room right on time and you can enjoy it in your room or at the AWESOME salt water pool. Only one other room was rented so it felt like we had our own private pool which is very private. Mike came around and asked if we needed anything and offered us complementary beers. He showed me the other rooms which are single queen rooms and very nice. There is no music at the pool fyi. However we had brought a bluetooth speaker and asked if it was ok by Mike and the other guest and they enjoyed the tunes also. So I'm sure you could do the same.
I chose Island sands mainly because of location and also didn't want the clothing optional at the pool and atmosphere that some of the other b&b's in Wilton Manors offer. I definitely made the right decision. We did rent a car but rarely used it. Island Sands is literally in the heart of the bars and restaurants in Wilton Manors. I am adamant about not drinking and driving so being able to go out at night and safely walk back to a comfortable place was great. However, it is a very short drive to the beach and to Las Olas Boulevard. Our flight home was late the day of checkout and it was a beautiful day so Mike was so sweet and let us relax at the pool the entire day until time to go to the airport. Very Gay and Straight friendly. We will definitely be back and I just can't say enough good things about these guys or their place.
Thanks, Josh and Zach from Chicago.

Room Tip: If you want to be in the best walking distance to what wilton manors offers and a great pool this is...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

It has been an absolute pleasure having guest(s) from all states across the US and internationally. Thank you for sharing your experience for our future guests to review when making their travel plans. It was a pleasure to have you as guests and to have meet you! We thank you for sharing the details of our property, your stay and supporting us as small business owners. Thank you!! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been traveling to Fort Lauderdale & Wilton Manors for over 15 years and The Island Sands Resort is BY FAR the best accommodation in which I have ever stayed.
I did not move my rental car for days because of the perfect location of the resort. Every shop, restaurant, & bar was within walking distance within the Wilton Manors Community and the overall convenience is unmatched.
I would also like to thank Jim & Mike for being such gracious hosts as well.
The Island Sands Resort has become my new Wilton Manors home!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Mike C, Owner at Island Sands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you! We are pleased we were able to provide accommodations that one might consider a "home away from home". Thanks for considering Island Sands Inn, choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future! Thanks again!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a terrific place to stay !!! The pool was gorgeous. The rooms are impeccable and the owners could not be nicer or more helpful !! The location is right in the heart of great restaurants and bars and the drive to the beach is less than 5 miles !! Definitely a find and I will be returning . I travel intensively and this is securely on my keeper's list !! The piece de resistance is they actually deliver a scrumptious breakfast to you each morning .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Bob and Michele - Thank you! Thank you! It was a pleasure having met you both! We hope to see you again very soon. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Key West during Memorial day! If you ever have any questions about the area, accommodations, etc. please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for sharing your stay with us for our future guest(s) reference.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
Victoria Park
The Victoria Park Hotel
The Victoria Park Hotel
#3 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
The Link Hotel
#85 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#70 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
#1 of 3 in Wilton Manors
Inn on the Drive LLC
#2 of 2 in Wilton Manors
The Worthington Guest House
#3 of 35 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Island Sands Inn? Share your experiences!