“Avoid due to extreme stupidity !”

Shawn & Nick's Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed May 6, 2013

On a recommendation we went to this Cafe on Saturday evening May 4 around 7:30 pm, for dinner. We got a parking space right in front of the restaurant ! We went inside and asked if we could sit at the table right in the front window...no problem. We sat down, when the waiter came to us I first asked if we could get change for a dollar bill to feed the parking meter outside. Sorry he replied we don't have any change..... I said we are sitting here about to order dinner for 2 , so when I pay you haow do you give me change? He said we round up as we have no change here. I asked two other table if they hadf change for a 1 dollar bill, no one was able to make change. i went to my partner still seated at the table and said let's go.
If the owner reads this please fire the moron who told me you don't have and don't make change for dinner patrons. He was about 6 feet tall and black. He should be fired for turning away dinner customers. We drove across the street and had a nice $45.00 dinner at Gorgies Alibi, leaving an $8.00 tip. What kind of business drives away dinner customers and tells them they cannot make change for a 1 dollar bill so they can sit and dine at their establishment.

6  Thank stephen b

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We've eaten brunch here a few times in the past when in town. Breakfast this time was just as delicious. The omelet was fluffy and stuffed with ham and cheese. Yummy. We dined on the back patio this time; it was a beautiful spring day in South Florida. Always look forward to returning when in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The courtyard cafe is convienient, with parking in the rear, and an outdoor patio. It has good basic inexpensive comfort food, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is a diner, so don't expect luxury, but do go for breakfasts and nice salads and good service.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Looks like a dump. Tacky wall decor. Food greasy and Luke warm. Servers with don't care attitude. I know others give better reviews but there are other diners in the immediate area much better, though without the gay drama.

5  Thank Indyron1
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Since all of Wilton manors is mainly men in their late 50's it was nice to go to a place that had men and woman. Being a lesbian in Wilton Manors it's hard to find a place that is mix..I know there's new moon but it's nice to be around different people. Courtyard cafeteria service makes you feel welcomed not like tropics or the village who look at you weird when you come in for a drink. Here's a tip gay men of Wilton manors be more accepting to women and friendlier. And lay
Off the sun beds.