“To be a restaurant don't you need to cook the food there?”
Review of Le Patio

Le Patio
Ranked #22 of 83 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The tiniest cutest restaurant in Florida
Miami, Florida
“To be a restaurant don't you need to cook the food there?”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I had heard about this small place so I gave it a try.
Lady up front was very nice. Service was good but food was average and pricey.
What surprised me was the fact they don't cook food on site.
I don't know about you but reheated or microwaved food I can have at home.
I don't feel comfortable not being able to see where the food is cooked or how it is transported in the Florida sun.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank James K

Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful hidden gem”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic dinner here. It's small, so make sure you call first to see if there's space. If they've got room, you'll be glad you went. The pea soup was fresh and light, definitely leaving room for the entree. Between us we had the Shepard's pie, manicotti and ravioli, and everyone was extremely satisfied.

Visited January 2014
Portland, Maine
“Quiet, Romantic Dining Experience!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were vacationing in Wilton Manors and some friends suggested we try this restaurant. "It is small and quaint but the food is excellent, you will love it" they said. Well, our friends were right! This is a fabulous place to have a nice quiet dinner. It is a small restaurant with only seating for about 20 people on their little outdoor/enclosed patio. It is a small operation by the owners who run the front of the house as well as the back. It is located in a very non descript building on a side street just of Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, it is very easy to miss the place. They only serve beer and wine and a select french menu. Everything was superb and reasonably priced. Will definately go back on our next visit to Wilton Manors.

• Visited January 2014
Juneau, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cutest restaurant in SoFL”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I haven't written reviews since I've moved down to South Florida. I just couldn't bear spending precious time writing reviews about mediocre places, at best. Okay, I'll stop with the food snobbery.

The fact that I'm writing a review again means a LOT. Tonight was day 2 at Le Patio. My first time was for lunch: I was working at the eye clinic a few blocks away. I had never been to the Wilton Manors area before and figured I'd "explore" during my lunch break. I came across the tiniest French restaurant - the size of my bedroom - with the cutest patio in the back! I walked into the restaurant with one of the owners on the phone, speaking in French. All of a sudden, I had forgotten that I was in South Florida.

I had the Lobster Ravioli, which smelled and looked amazing. I burned my tongue as I could not wait to devour the entire dish (slowly, I'm a slow eater. I like to TASTE my food.) It was a good sized entree. I left comfortable, not hungry, not bloated.

I went back the next evening with roommate. We both had the Irish Shepherd's Pie and Creme Brulee for dessert. Both of which I highly recommend as well.

I plan on coming back to try everything on the menu.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Small in size, big in value, service and superb homecooked food.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Le patio is one of the hidden gems of Fort Lauderdale. Set just yards off Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, what it lacks in size (there are about 8 tables) and gains in good home cooked food, just like mother used to cook. Vero and Jean makes everyone so welcome. We have eaten here many times; it is almost like going into someone's home. And that is the charm of the place. How Vero manages to produce her haute cuisine in such a minute kitchen beggers belief. This is real home cooked food at its best. Their menu refers to comfort food - and that is exactly what it is - Irish Shepherds Pie, just like grandmother cooked is just one of the delicious dishes that we have experienced here. Another favorite is Lobster Ravioli. The Pate or the Camembert bake or the French Onion Soup is to die for. Wine is available by the glass, which is helpful as I prefer white and my partner prefers red!

This quaint place reminds us of our trips to the French countryside - certainly a place that brings back happy memories.

The best tables are on the pretty rear patio, which is dimly lit and certainly has a romantic touch

steve and Nick