“stomach upset after food at alibi”

Georgie's Alibi Monkey Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Full service bar & restaurant in the heart of Wilton Manors featuring American cuisine including our Award Winning "Best Burger in Fort Lauderdale" 2 years in a row! Dine inside or on our large outdoor patio with a full bar for your convenience. Newly added Asian inspired menu items, daily food specials, happy hour dining menu and 2-4-1 cocktails weekdays 11am - 9pm and all day on Friday & Saturday. If that wasn't enough, we provide more live entertainment than anywhere on "the drive". You're sure to find something for you at Alibi.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

While on vacation in Ft Lauderdale my spouse and I decided to go for lunch at the Alibi one day. We had never been there before and walking in it looked like a typical bar with a large covered patio. The only table we could get was a table for two near the inside wall which was ok as it was pretty busy. Most of the clientele appeared to be more mature. We were served quickly and the waiter and other staff appeared to be friendly and accommodating. I had a beer and my partner had a cider and we both ordered that days special which was the taco salad. The salad came at a reasonable time but although tasty, basically consisted of a lot of ground beef covered in cheese with a few lettuce leaves in the bottom.. very few lettuce leaves I might add. So it did not seemed to be much of a salad. The ground beef seemed to have some onions mixed in and was seasoned with a taco seasoning. The salad was tasty but I would have liked more greenery in it. When we got down to the end of the bowl, there was a greasy residue at the bottom. Later that day, I started not to feel well and ended up for a couple of hours in the bathroom with cramps and diarrhea and lower abdominal discomfort. My spouse shortly after, I started to have problems also started complaining about lower abdominal pain, he also had diarrhea and had to vomit. Both of us still felt unwell for part of the next day. The Taco salad is the only thing that we both had that day.. so I think there must have been something contaminated in the meal. For this main reason, I would not return. I am giving the restaurant a poor review because of the fact I felt ill after eating the food and the food itself was disappointing even if I had not gotten ill.

1  Thank retlawv

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We made it a point to get to Georgie's a couple of times the week we were there. Pet friendly with lots of energy, good food, and super drinks! We "heard" that the after hours entertainment was fantastic, but never were able to stay up late enough to get there.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was the first time and the last time our party of 7 came to this place. Waiters never gave us a menu, we got them ourselves, waited for someone, not one person stopped to take our order. 45 minutes later we simply walked out.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great fish taco. The salsa and plantains were also very good. Love the swinging tables outside. Saw Jennifer McLain perform later. She is very talented!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place has excellent happy hour prices and their bar menu gives you the opportunity to sample some of their award winning hamburgers at incredible prices. Service could not be better. Great opportunity to see the latest videos while sipping your iced cold beer.