“Good food (4*) but Staff (1*) has allot to be desired with ADDITUDE!!”

The Ivy House Restaurant and Boutique
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Williston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Vilano Beach, Florida
“Good food (4*) but Staff (1*) has allot to be desired with ADDITUDE!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Good fried food and quaint atmosphere I will rate 4* but the staff has so much to be desired and rate it a 1* or a 0. I have come to this restaurant now 8 times since I live locally with friends or family. Only once I can say the staff was not full of the state of being irritated in some way you were there and didn’t have some kind of attitude that you were inconveniencing them. The brashness of the women in this place is rude and very nonprofessional in customer service. I do not care if they have been voted the top 500 place to eat. Don’t even think about coming in during lunch Sun-Wed 1:10 or later!! You will hear a few times from ALL the women (hostesses and servers) that the kitchen is closes at 2pm or at 1:30 pm they cannot cook something because the grill is closed. They close at 2pm so why is the fried food and grill closed? They ALL look at you that you are doing them the most up annoyance displeasure! My husband will not even consider going to this place now since every time he has walked through their door the behavior of these women is downright awful! Management needs to clean house in the Williston Restaurant!

4 Thank PaintedSunrise

New York City, New York
“Southern charm”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A nice find in small town Florida. Great southern charm in this old house that has been converted into a restaurant. Great mac and cheese and cornbread, but non of the usual southern items such as fish and grits. The menu consists mostly of fried food and they do not sell alcohol, but the building has plenty of charm and the service is very efficient and friendly.

1 Thank windquest
Alabama
“Awesome food, service, atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Being from New Orleans I am not easily impressed by food in other areas, but I have to say that every bite that I put into my mouth was absolutely wonderful!! We ordered their famous crispy chicken plate which came with fantastically creamy macaroni and cheese, fresh salad with perfect homemade honey mustard dressing, the best cornbread I have ever had and green beans with stewed tomatoes and okra. I am not a big fan of stewed tomatoes but these were so tasty!! We shared the meal so we would have room for dessert. They make their own desserts so we ordered the buttermilk walnut pie which was really good but next time I will get the peanut butter pie which looked like mile high pie!! The restaurant was in a beautiful old house which had several dining rooms - very cute !!

1 Thank NawlinsLady
Perth, Australia
“Southern food at it's best”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having been to Ocala often as my Mum lives there, it is getting harder to find interesting places to eat, That said, a Chipotle outlet has opened up that's on my list, The Ivy House in Williston was recommended for its southern style home cooking. Although there's an outlet in Ocala, this was the original in this part of Florida and we decided to try it and make a comparison with the newer one later. Our group spent lots of time perusing the specials especially the mouth watering desserts. I had one of the signature dishes, the southern seafood combo, which was shrimp and cod fried in what was saidto be a 50 year old recipe. The others settled for a range of the blackboard specials and each was well satisfied with their choice. My dish of shrimp and cod (still moist on the inside) in a light and delicious batter accompanied by corn bread, bread roll, a salad (I opted for beans instead of chips to leave room for dessert). Dessert was a highlight; buttermilk walnut. Probably one of the best I have tasted. Service was good and we all thought the food represented good value for money. Next time around we will try the Ocala outlet where I expect we will enjoy the food just as much.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Patrick K
florida
“Great meatloaf”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just eat again at the Ivy House Restaurant and Boutique. The meatloaf was excellent. It was served with a salad, Lima bean and corn mixed, real mashed potatoes with gravy with corn bread and roll.

1 Thank Northbjterry