“Southern food at it's best”

The Ivy House Restaurant and Boutique
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Williston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Southern food at it's best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having been to Ocala often as my Mum lives there, it is getting harder to find interesting places to eat, That said, a Chipotle outlet has opened up that's on my list, The Ivy House in Williston was recommended for its southern style home cooking. Although there's an outlet in Ocala, this was the original in this part of Florida and we decided to try it and make a comparison with the newer one later. Our group spent lots of time perusing the specials especially the mouth watering desserts. I had one of the signature dishes, the southern seafood combo, which was shrimp and cod fried in what was saidto be a 50 year old recipe. The others settled for a range of the blackboard specials and each was well satisfied with their choice. My dish of shrimp and cod (still moist on the inside) in a light and delicious batter accompanied by corn bread, bread roll, a salad (I opted for beans instead of chips to leave room for dessert). Dessert was a highlight; buttermilk walnut. Probably one of the best I have tasted. Service was good and we all thought the food represented good value for money. Next time around we will try the Ocala outlet where I expect we will enjoy the food just as much.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank paddykhaw

florida
“Great meatloaf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just eat again at the Ivy House Restaurant and Boutique. The meatloaf was excellent. It was served with a salad, Lima bean and corn mixed, real mashed potatoes with gravy with corn bread and roll.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Northbjterry
miami
“A little gem in Williston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was taken to this restaurant by a friend in the area. She raved about it. When we got there I ordered the Seafood platter, my son a pork sandwich and wife the crab cakes with green fried tomatoes. ALL of the dishes were excellent. The crab cakes were FULL of lump crab meat and each dish was meticulously prepared. The deserts were to outstanding. The restaurant is an old wood frame house off the main road, quite inconspicuous. But do not miss this treat even if you are in Gainesville. It is worth the drive.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mjoytravel
Ocala, FL
“Southern Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently had lunch here with some out-of-town friends. Lunch was on a Friday and after the typical lunch crowd had dined as we arrived about 1:30 p.m. We were promptly seated on the enclosed porch which allowed us to enjoy the ecclectic decor. Our server was efficient and provided great service with a smile.

We tried the fried green tomatoes and onion ring appetizers. Both were light and delicious. Two of us had the fried shrimp with macaroni & cheese and salad with the honey mustard dressing. The other two had the crispy fried chicken, vegetables & salad. The honey mustard dressing was creamy and had a perfect consistency. Our shrimp was lightly battered and fried to perfection. The portions were plentiful and we had some left over to bring home.

Lunch was tasty and enjoyed by all. We shared a piece of peanut butter pie. It was delightful. The peanut butter filling was fluffy and light and the whip cream added the perfect compliment.

The Ivy House is a great choice for southern cuisine when having lunch with friends or for a special occasion. I prefer the Williston location vs. the Ocala location. My experience has been that the food and service are better at the Williston location. Also, the ride from Ocala to Williston allows your friends to enjoy some beautiful horse country as well.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Glendawpb
. Gainesville Florida
“Why this Restaurant Rates Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The menu is superb and the food is delicious! Of all the restaurants I have visited both Ivy House restaurants offer exceptional dining selections. If you want excellent food in an exquisite atmosphere treat youselves.

Visited September 2012