“Small-town Classic Restaurant”
Review of Driftwood Restaurant - CLOSED

Driftwood Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'd been wanting to try the Driftwood Restaurant for quite awhile, mainly due to its cool neon sign. This is a tidy little place that is somewhat worn inside; it fits like an old shoe. I went in for early dinner and immediately several other cars pulled in...no doubt this is a traditional for people to eat here. The service was pretty friendly. They had a blackboard of daily specials, which included a Black and Bleu Steak, Spaghetti with Italian Sausage, etc. I tried the Spaghetti which was good although the portion was quite small. The sausages were almost burned. I would try the Driftwood again and make another choice. There was an extensive list of homemade desserts, too. I got a Banana Cake to go...a very moist Bundt cake but a little expensive for a small slice at $2.99. One interesting aspect here is that if you pay in cash, you get a 10 percent discount...a great idea but it dawned on me that by giving 10 percent off they are actually giving away more than the probably 3 percent they would pay the credit card company. I'll drop in at the Driftwood again next time I am in Williston.

2  Thank mibenco

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went back 2 nights in a row. Waitresses were the true definition of southern hospitality! Mozzarella sticks are superb! We were cold ans waitress turned down a/c, that would not have happened at home in WDC area!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I met some friends here for breakfast on Easter Sunday. They were one of the few places I found to be open that morning so they were pretty busy! In spite of the place being so busy the staff was friendly and attentive. We ordered off the menu, although there were several special on a chalkboard we could have ordered too. It took awhile for our food to come out of the kitchen but we expected as much judging from the crowd that morning. Everyone's food was hot when it arrived at the table and we all got exactly what we'd ordered. The over medium eggs, hashbrowns and sausage (patties, done well) were perfect! You have options on link or patty sausage, as well as two types of potatoes and several bread choices. I'd ordered the biscuit which seemed store bought, as opposed to fresh baked, and it was only so so. Should have ordered toast. All in all the breakfast was very good and the quantity more than adequate. I'd go back, but i wouldn't recommend their biscuits.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Love mom and pop places. Driftwood food quality has declined over the last year or so. We have retried them on 4 various occasions and have not been impressed. Also we have called for take out only to arrive and find it not ready. So sad becasue we like to support the local guys.

3  Thank Proppernurse
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Interior needs updated seats ripped and torn. Food good. This is an old restaurant from decades ago.

2  Thank 65NormT