“A place to shower and sleep, that's all”
Review of Motel 6 Wildwood

Motel 6 Wildwood
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Staff was friendly and room was clean but that's it. No fridge, microwave, coffee maker or clock in room. Had to go into the IHop to get ice. A nightstand between the beds but no table to work on the computer, although that did not matter since the internet did not work. Tried at 8:30, 9, 9:30, 10, 10:30. Was unable to answer my clients emails or plan out my trip for the next day. It worked at 5am but the reason I was up at 5am was because I had to leave.

I always take my own food on my trips to save money. They give you a one time coupon for 6$ off in IHop but that still leaves you with having to pay for one meal.

If all you want to do is pull in, shower, sleep, then leave, this is a great inexpensive place to stay. But if you need to work (or play) on your computer, want coffee in your room or to take your own food, then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I don't know how much I can beat this hotel up considering their $45 a night price. The rooms, had a mini fridge, TV and microwave but were a bit noisy. They have free wi-fi although its unsecured and you will need a room on the pool side if you want access to it. They give you a $6 credit at the IHOP which is connected to the office and basically covers breakfast for one. This place left a bit to be desired, but considering the price, I think it was what you would expect. There were a lot of truckers, tradesman and blue collar workers here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank TryppAdams
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have stayed at this motel for several years when we come down for a family reunion. It's not the fantasist place but for the money ok.... BUT this year we could not even shower There was NO HOT or even WARM water... And it wasn't that the laundry was being washed which should not be and issue anyway, it was at 8:30 am one morning and 6 am the next. Will not be staying here again and non of our family either... this will lose alot of business for them. When we complained we got $10 off our bill when we left. I asked if that was each no and was told NO. WOW... When my husband complained the first morning they said they needed to fix that. They say free wi-fi but their service is no good you can't connect!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Judi L
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This Hotel is the best value for money anywhere; I found the place to be very clean.The hotel front desk was helpful and pleasant. She got us into our reserved room early. The room was clean and plenty of towels were delivered to us upon request.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

the first room we stayed in was horrible; the bathroom was beyond gross...the second room was okay..I would not recommend this hotel at all. the hotel clerk was extremely friendly and nice and you also received a 599 coupon off of your meal for the IHOP that was adjacent to the hotel. the hotel was located new year other places and near the highway and interstate

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

well the room was not as bad as it could of been was clean sheets and bed was not soft which was a plus for me clean they forgot tp so had to go to office they give you a 5.99 coupon at ihop so at least one of you get a deal was people hanging around parking lot so not sure about that there is a truckstop as well so you guess.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The website pics don't seem to be the same hotel. The rooms smelled of mold and feet. I seriously was having trouble breathing. The beds had just sheets on them and the floor was so bad I put my shoes back on. I've stayed at other hotels in this chain and have never been disappointed. The pool was runned down and couldn't of been used. It was full of bird droppings. I honestly could go on because it was that bad but its best to say thank goodness for websites like this so others can be warned. We left after about 5 mniutes. Don't ever stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ocala
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL

Been to Motel 6 Wildwood? Share your experiences!