“Not as "high-class" as they believe they are”
Review of T. Westons - CLOSED

T. Westons
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My first impression when I walked in - was "wow" what a great job they have done with the place. We had visited this restaurant many times before the new ownership - and was never disappointed with the food, but rather the interior. Looked like new flooring had been laid down, stone around the bottom of posts, bar area completely re-done, etc. Nice - a little dark for my tastes even with black curtains on the windows.
Then comes the menu. I'm not going to say we were shocked, but the prices were a little high - especially for the quaint little town of Wildwood. Perhaps they are trying to "rope in" some of the Villagers. $8 for a sandwich and fries. won't even tell you how much their lb. prices are! When I saw prices in the teens - my vision floated back over to the plain $6 salad. Sometimes not having much to offer on a menu is good -- but a really nice salad is always good. I'd rather pay a little more, but it's all good. I ordered their "smoked chicken lettuce wrap" that was listed under the appetizers strangely enough. I found out why when it came out. It was a mixture of smoked chicken/mayo and some unknown ingredients thrown onto 4 diff. pieces of iceberg lettuce. Ok - now I know why it is an appetizer. hmmm. The waiter finally brings bill and leaves. He doesn't come back. Oh that's because he's twiddling his thumbs at the bar. Then I notice there is a register still by the door where it was originally back-in-the-day. So we pay at the register - no big deal, right? Except - they really are trying to make you think you are at a high class bbq restaurant - but then you pay at the back door like Sonny's. We won't be back that is for certain. Perhaps they will make it now that the villages has expanded closer. But they are going to have to do more than rudely tell my husband "you looked hungry" or tell us our lunch would be out shortly, when our order had not even been taken yet. (seriously) This was not even funny. i guess we'll stick with Oakwood, Sonny's and Burke's. Maybe they will figure out that w those kind of prices you need to be extra special like the Cotillion in Wildwood. amazingly different - yet nostalgic - great service w a smile. there has to be that "something" that is a spark.

1  Thank DuvLady
There are newer reviews for T. Westons

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a late lunch on a Saturday as we have been wanting to try out this bbq place. It did NOT disappoint!

Service was excellent, we arrived on our Harley and it was the hottest day of the year, our server wasted no time in getting us an ice cold beverage......a nice touch.

The ribs were delicious, no extra sauce needed. The baked beans were the best I have ever tasted. The special was fresh haddock which was outstanding and oh so fresh.

They are closed on Sun-Monday so this will be a nice weekend place for an excellent quality meal for us! Next time I plan on trying the brisket.

1  Thank hogladyrider
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

It seems that the east coast isn't big on tri tip, so when I find it on a menu, I'm usually skeptical to order it. I sure am happy I did at this place. Had the perfect wood grilled flavoring and tenderness. The garlic bread was delicious with a soft outside and crunchy inside. The collard greens were amazing as well. Highly suggest a quick stop in for a bite.

1  Thank tra-FL_all_over
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great food. Staff was outstanding. I highly recommend that you stop in. My in-laws live in the area.

1  Thank Timthw
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The brisket is the best I've had in Florida. The portions are large enough that my wife and I sometimes share a meal. As far as I can tell, the food is fresh and the smoker is always working. Also, don't miss the seafood chowder. They don't always have it on the menu (I believe its a weekend thing), but when they do, I always order some to take home.

1  Thank Eric G