“Trip to Citrus County Speedway.”

Budget Inn Wildwood
Budget Inn Wildwood
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Orlando,fl
“Trip to Citrus County Speedway.”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I can't remember when I stayed at this Super 8 but me and my sister were on our way
To Citrus County Speedway that weekend we had the room saver magazine which can save you money on hotel rooms. The price in the room saver seemed to be jst right. So
we stoped at the Super 8 in Wldwood,Fl. So our room was on the 2nd floor. I asked for a non-smoking but they gave us a somking room. So we went back down to the lobby and asked why they gave us a smoking room and they said all room in the room saver magazine were smoking rooms. I think the the travelers who are going to use the room saver magazine make sure you read the fine print. So we did stay at the Super 8 in Wildwood Fl just at a little higher rate. This is the nice motel !!! So if you need a place to stay and you are traveling through the Wildwood Fl area stay at this SUPER 8 MOTEL
THIS PLACE IS GREAT!!! Bu t the only thing this motel do not have is a Pool. Sorry!

• Stayed August 2006
1 Thank toonas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York
Reviewed May 17, 2008

We had been traveling for nearly 14 hours and we were really in need of some rest and a hot shower. When we arrived at this Super 8 we were pleasantly surprised by the Super 8 clerk who was able to check us in quite quickly. She then advised us as to where we could find a nice hot meal and also offered us extra towels since there were 4 of us staying. The room we stayed in was very clean and cool. In the morning to our surprise the same desk clerk was there to check us out. They provided hot coffee, donuts, cereal, and english muffins. I mean the Motel wasnt Ritzy and glamourous but the staff was great and the room was nice and clean and thats really all we wanted ...

• Liked — The front desk staff
  • Disliked — none my stay was enjoyable
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank oscarmeyerwein
Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2008

This place is BY FAR the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in! It should be shut down and then BURNED DOWN! Gross, gross, gross is an understatement! We were actually headed to the motel across the street but after one drive through the parking lot, we realized it there were just too many strange people hanging out all over that place. We thought the chain of Super 8 would be safer and worth the extra money. NOT! We walked in and asked for the rate. He said $59.95. We asked what the AAA rate was. He said That IS the triple A rate. (Perhaps he was a mind reader?) The rugs were filthy!!! I was afraid to go barefoot. The smell and sight of black mold was sickening.The tub had not been cleaned in years. I have seen cleaner bathrooms in gas stations!!! In the morning, I put a "clean" towel down in the tub because the bathmat was too disgusting to step on. Upon stepping in, cold water (obviously from the last guest) gushed out. The shower did not drain by the time my fiance was to go in so he skipped it althogether. A shower would have been nice after having driven 12 hours the day before, but it was too gross. We went to the front desk in the morning to complain. The front desk guy (same one) was putting out Ho Ho's for the continental breakfast! (I kid you not! HO HO's!)
He just stared blankly at me, didnt give a [--] at all. We left and I called Super 8's head quarters. They had the same lack of sympathy and in fact on my 3rd call (they said I had to wait 7 business days and call back) they had a realy bad attitude. I hung up and figured Super 8 will never see my business again. Two week later a poorly photocopied letter arrived telling us we could receive 15% off our next stay at Super 8 in Wildwood. Needless to say we threw it out. You could not pay me to stay there again. GROSS!!!!!!!

• Liked — Getting the heck out of there in the morning!
  • Disliked — everything.....it was dirty, moldy smelly........nothing good at all
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank FloridaCruise_girl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview
Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ocala

Been to Budget Inn Wildwood? Share your experiences!