“quality better than I expected but over priced rooms”

Americas Best Value Inn White Springs/ Live Oak
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in White Springs
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Quality of cleanliness and state of furnishings was much better than I anticipated, and pretty good for a mote, however I still think $90 for a motel room is overpriced, and the owner/manager refused to give any kind of a break against one night's room for one of my party when we actually had 3 nights of cancellation due to flights being cancelled, and gave 12 hours notice, - and that kind of intractability just leaves a bad taste.
Staff pretty nice apart from that.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
rockyfl, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn White Springs/ Live Oak, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your response. We are pleased that you found our facilities accomodating. Please keep in mind that our rates do fluctuate during peak events. Overall, we try to provide select service facilities for budget rates!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

OK. America's Best Value Inn is not known as a premier brand in the motel industry. I have stayed at some of their other properties in the past and have been disappointed. This one I was actually pleasantly surprised.

I think the biggest factor is that it is relatively new (maybe 5 years at the most). It seemed cleaned and everything worked. The room was basic but did include a bathtub and microwave. It was quiet. The Irish desk-clerk . . . he was very friendly and welcoming!

It did include a "breakfast" which was just pitiful !!!! Coffee/tea, envelopes of instant oatmeal, and per-wrapped pastries (like one would buy at a 7/11) that's it . . . those 3 items!

Do take advantage of those hotel/motel discount coupon magazine one can get at rest stops.
The people checking in before me were charge like $59 (+tax) for the same type room my coupon got me for $44 (+tax)!!! Those were the Fri/Sat rates - it is cheaper Sun/Thur.

Lastly, the only food nearby is a McDonald's across the freeway so if you want something else, plan to get it elsewhere before arriving.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
rockyfl, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn White Springs/ Live Oak, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thanks for the positive review. We delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on providing a superior experience for all our guests. Our property is a consistent award winner within the Americas Best Value Inn brand. Sorry, minimal breakfast is provided in order to maintain budget friendly rates. If ever in the area again, please do not hesitate to call for your reservation.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Last night I stayed at America's Best Value Inn in White Springs, FL, and I was very pleased. The room was clean and comfortable, and had features I wouldn't expect of a motel in this price range, such as a hairdryer and coffeepot. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I was even supplied with a travel-size tube of toothpaste when I realized I had forgotten mine! I also appreciate that the hotel is pet-friendly (although I would prefer not to be charged an extra fee.) In the future, I will look for an ABVI when traveling.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I were traveling down to Florida and were heading south when we decided to stop for the night. Tropical storm Debby was occurring and it was pouring down rain. So we decided to stop for that reason as we didn't want to take a chance that other hotels may be booked. So I went to find out if I could check in early on the travel coupon and they young man at the front desk said that check in is at 3pm. It was only 1:15pm and he said if we check in early it would normally cost us an extra $10 for that. I was thinking to myself really?? I never had been told that by any other hotel chain before. But he said I will only charge you an extra $5. My wife said no way! We are on a budget and an extra $5 makes a big difference. The reason I had stayed there before in the past and had a pleasant experience. I feel that he was annoyed a little bit by this. I should have traveled a bit farther south but wasn't sure how bad the weather was and he said their is a storm going on. Like the attitude if you go south you may not get a place. I didn't want to take a chance. I asked him if there was anything to do in the area and he said not much. I mentioned Lake City FL and he said that there's nothing to do there. I say Bull. I have been there before and there are several more restaurants and hotels in the area. If I had known that it was only raining really hard almost flooding in the area that it wasn't barely raining farther south I would have driven farther south. Anyway, we decided to go to Mc Donalds so we could kill some time and to feed the kids. We waited to about 3pm and went back to check in. He was waiting. Personally still not a very friendly person. While we were in the room the beds were nice. Seemed like pillow top beds. The shower doesn't have a curved shower rod so it feels cramped. The curtain had some holes seemed thread bare. The wife and I joked peep holes. The internet is ok not the greatest. They have direct tv so not very many channels less than 30. We also experienced a power outage in the hotel so for about half an hour totally nothing to do and pouring rain.We almost wanted to go back towards Valdosta GA as they had power. The storm wasn't that severe just slightly windy heavy rain but not like a hurricane where I could see the power going out. Their is no breakfast room and the building where you check in is not attached to the hotel and their is no covered roof where you can pull your car under during the rain. The breakfast consists of my some sticky buns. Banana muffins and blueberry muffins and some very old nasty looking bananas. No place to sit as I said so you just have to take it on the go which we did as we left at 6am because the rain let up enough for us to head out. If you want a good breakfast and good customer service go elsewhere. The parking lot where we were nearest the office was sort of flooding so don't park your car there if it's a torrential rain.

Room Tip: don't check in before 3pm or else you will have to pay $10 extra
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jdicarlo22000
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Not much to say about this property... and in any case, no apparent competition in the area. Very friendly lady on desk, made us feel right at home. Clean, quiet, slept too late to sample the breakfast. White Springs itself seems very much struggling but you should at least view the remnants of the historic Spring House. There is an excellent State Tourist Information office in the town, information and brochures for all parts of Florida. Seems to be only one functioning restaurant nearby--Fat Belly's--cheap, basic, also friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Torontotraveller2
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and he is a germaphobe. He actually brought a black-light to check out the room prior to us unpacking! It was unbelievably clean! The stay was pleasant and the staff was helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I were traveling from IL and very tired when we got to this hotel. We finally pulled off the interstate and paid for a room here. I was already frightened when I saw that there were only a few cars at the hotel but took it into consideration that it was a Tuesday night. We paid for our room and when we got inside, my nightmare began !! This room was so completely disgusting that I was willing to sleep in our moving truck !! My husband was recovering from an injury and needed to sleep in a bed so we stayed. When I pulled the covers down, I could have cried at what I saw. The sheets were nasty with yellow stains and the bed spread was almost as creepy. We ended up sleeping on top of the bed spread using our jackets as our covers ! The floor was so filthy that I didnt want to take my shoes off ! The bathroom was also filthy. I will NEVER stay here again !

Room Tip: Go to another hotel !
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
#7 of 24 in Lake City
Rodeway Inn Lake City
Rodeway Inn Lake City
#12 of 24 in Lake City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn White Springs/ Live Oak? Share your experiences!