“Real "Country" food at a killer buffet!”
Review of Historic Telford Inn - CLOSED

Historic Telford Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Going back this week-end! If you don't like Country Vitals, just go for the great "ole time" of it! This is true down home, back in time, Florida Southern cooking!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I truly can not understand the good reviews for this restaurant. My husband wanted to try something different for his birthday last week. He decided he wanted to try the buffet at The Telford. Boy, were we sorry. First the good, the fried chicken wasn't bad, just left a pool of grease on your plate and the fried fish (that usually isn't my favorite) was pretty good. The rest of the offerings were sad, tasteless and not worth eating. They had a dried out looking pasta with tiny shrimp that I did not try. The macaroni and cheese looked really dried out also, but I dug down into it and got some that didn't look too dry. When I tasted it, I swear it tasted like boiled macaroni, with no salt and NO cheese, I don't know where the yellow color came from, it had absolutely no cheese taste or feel to it. They had boiled baby carrots, green beans straight from the can, rice, okra and tomatoes, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, fried shrimp, some tiny little balls and some larger ones. The shrimp were the kind you buy already breaded and frozen, they were horrible! Fried shrimp is one of my favorites and I didn't even eat these. They had brussel sprouts that were boiled to death. ALL the vegetables were over cooked and had absolutely no taste or seasoning. It was as if they didn't have salt or pepper or any other seasoning in the kitchen. There was a small salad bar and I thought perhaps I could find something to eat there. It consisted of Iceburg lettuce and a few other items, I decided to try the cole slaw. It had very, very little dressing, it was almost like just shredded cabbage. I don't know how this restaurant stays open, or how it has gotten any decent reviews. I have nothing against buffets and have eaten at many very good ones, this just wasn't one of them. The dessert was probably the best part of the dinner with a few cakes and cobblers. Do yourself a favor and eat elsewhere.

1  Thank travlingal51
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The outside of this hotel may make you wonder what's inside. But once inside, you are treated to an outstanding buffet at a very reasonable price. We went there two nights in a row while staying at the nearby state park. Two nights a week the hotel offers an evening buffet. The other days, it is only open for lunch. We attended with a group of fifteen people on Friday and everyone enjoyed the visit and the food. Wait staff was very friendly. Saturday night we went back with another couple. The place was very busy with private parties (holiday season) but still provided good service. Anytime we are back in this part of Florida we will plan on being there for lunch, if not dinner.

2  Thank David N
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have eaten at the Telford Inn many, many times. Even though its a 30 minute drive it is well worth it. They have hands down the best fried chicken I have ever had. They cook it in small batches and sometime you might have to wait a few minutes for it to arrive on the buffet you are never disappointed. Actually there isn't anything that isn't good on the buffet. Their homemade banana pudding really tops off the meal and yes it is part of the buffet. Great food, wonderful atmosphere, good service and doesn't break the bank...Can't think of anything better.

2  Thank Debbie_fl
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice Southern Buffet in the Historic Telford.

Are there really "spirits" there ? A plate was founfd today broken when no one had been in the room and the antique glasses that had been sitting on the plate were still in place.
the Hostess insists that theere are multiple "haints" in the place.

Including "Sara" the 11 yr old girl who died under mysterious circumstances in the early 1900s who lives on the third floor and regularly reprograms the consulting firms computers.

The rooms at the Telford are furnised in period -1900s- and are open to visit or rent.

The restaurant is open for lunch 7 days per week and dinner [evening meal] on Friday and Saturday. A more expansive buffet is served on Sunday.

2  Thank kayaksuw