“Mahi mahi with rice and peas.....”

Sand Dunes Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: phone 246-422-9427
Description: phone 246-422-9427
Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

And a rum punch! .....Delicious.
We were taken here by our friend. And I was recommended the Marlin fish and as I love rice n peas it all worked out well. Hubby had the flying fish in a roll and said it was good. Mine was served with a salad and slaw. Really quick and efficient service and the Rum punch was knockout

Reviewed December 23, 2015

We stopped off here for lunch whilst passing by, visiting other areas of the island. In previous years we have noticed the place and the fact it was busy with organised trips and locals.

I don't recall how much the lunch was but it was very nice indeed. Beef stew, mac pie, rice and peas. Hot and quickly served.

Well worth stopping off at

Reviewed November 30, 2015

The food we had was supposedly traditional barbados food. A mix of UK and US food - on one plate we had rice, fish & mag&cheese.

The food was ok - but we had expected something else.

Reviewed November 24, 2015

We stopped to this cute little restaurant on our way back from an island tour for lunch--WOWZA! Every single thing we indulged in was truly amazing. This is all local Bajan-type food, however you could easily find something non-Bajan. My husband had the flying fish, my daughter and I both had the chicken--expertly done. The MACARONI PIE (I put this in caps as this is the best on the whole island--so don't miss this) was mouthwatering--I could have ate 10 pounds of this. It was "food crack". Salad greens were also served with dressing. We happened to try their shepherd's pie--it was excellent as well, however once I found out it was lamb (the meat in it)--I stopped eating as I have a hard time eating those cute little faced animals--not my thing. Don't miss this if on the island--the local food and the options offered are all awesome!

Reviewed November 21, 2015

We always stop by Sand Dunes on our way to the East Coast. Fantastic food and service just wish the portions were a bit bigger! ;-)