“great experience!”

Paddles Snorkel and Kayak Eco Adventure
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and I loved this excursion!! The owners are very welcoming and have a beautiful tropical property. Our guide was funny and easy-going and informative. The kayaking was nice, not too intense, we took sea creatures in our hands, discovered Mangrove trees. Then a boat ride to see nesting birds, a georgous view of the surroundind islands/ocean. The snorkeling was great for us since it was our first time... Antigua is not a "snorkling spot" per say, but we really enjoyed it.
The service is detail oriented, a nice refreshing towel, drink and snack await you when the excusion is over. We also loved Sweet Pea the Parrot on our shoulders!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"sea life"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was an excursion offered by by our StarClipper cruise and we are so glad we chose this option. What a beautiful property. Everything was excellent. Great staff. We kayaked and had the very best guide. We went snorkeling and hiking. I felt as if attention had been paid to every possible detail. We learned so much about the local environment all while having a great time. This is a must do for sure.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was a half day excursion. We had arrived on the island by cruise ship. We were able to see the island on the transfer to the paddle boat departure point. The bus driver was informative and told us about the island. There is a short boat ride to the cove where you use the kayaks. The kayaking part was fun and not difficult. Beautiful views of the ocean and surrounding area. Then transferred back to the boat for a trip to Bird Island for snorkeling. The snorkeling was ok - there were fish and outcroppings, but the area had damage and there was also alot of dead coral. I would recommend the trip. Our group had alot of fun.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My 16 year old son and I had a fantastic time on this shore excursion! We appreciated the family run business and the family Caribbean roots. They have a great set up, very efficiently run and organized. They were located about a 30 minute bus ride from the cruise pier. We were lucky to have the owner's son lead our tour and we learned alot about his family, his education in Antigua, and the natural ecology of the area.
We kayaked through the mangroves, hiked up to the top on Bird Island (which really wasn't a hike - more like a stroll up a short incline), and then snorkelled on an atoll. The corals were good, but we did not see a huge of a variety of fish. (I have snorkelled in the Red Sea, so I am probably spoiled for life now!). We enjoyed blasting around in a motorboat, going by Stingray City, and saw lots of rocky islands and crashing waves. We were met back onshore with chilled towels to wipe off the salt, rum or nonalcoholic punch, and homemade banana bread.
My only suggestion as to how to improve this tour would be to make it longer. I would have liked more time kayaking so we could cover more distance. I also would have liked more time snorkelling. We had a choice between snorkelling or walking to the other side of Bird Island to check out the beach. I would have liked to be able to do both...
Overall, though, a fantastic trip.
Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Cathette
See more reviews
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I are recently back from a trip to Antigua. Our travel agent recommended Paddles for a great excursion on the island. I am anxious about watersports and thought I'd just do the kayaking and hiking portion and skip the snorkeling. Well, silly me. Our guides were amazing. They were knowledgable, full of history lessons and recounted wonderful local stories. But the best part for me, after the fascinating kayaking part, the hike up the cliff to view the spectacular views and the viewing of the nesting birds, was actually snorkeling. I have been terrified for years and our brilliant guides, James and Joseph were so patient, kind and encouraging. I actually snorkeled, much to my husband's surprise. I guess you can teach an old dog a new trick!

1  Thank Jaimie L