“Best Excursion Ever!”

Paddles Snorkel and Kayak Eco Adventure
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This shore excursion was offered on our cruise stop in Antigua, and from the prompt pickup to the final goodbyes, this was, by far, the most wonderful adventure we've experienced after cruising 8 times. Our guide was a wealth of information regarding the entire eco system of the area; not to mention so relational, thoughtful and sensitive to all who participated. THIS is the way you run a successful business my friends!!!!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We took this tour as an excursion from our cruise ship in Antigua. We were met right on time by a personable local and were driven to the lovely waterfront home where the excursion started. This is a family operation - the dad, mom and grown son. All made us feel comfortable. The grounds were beautiful, the bathrooms were plentiful and clean and lovely. We got into new well maintained boats and went out to the kayaks moored by some small islands. The tour was guided by the son, who was a college educated naturalist. Fabulous views and information. A boat followed us the entire time in case anyone needed help, but it was very calm.

After returning to the estate home, we relaxed on the comfortable chairs set around on the grounds and enjoyed rum punch and fresh homemade bread. We were even greeted with cold washcloths to cool off and wash off the salt water. A fabulous day which I highly recommend!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I don't know that I can say much more than what was said in the other reviews. I am the wife of an officer on one of the cruise ships, so my friend (also able to go on this kayak/snorkel) and I have the privledge of trying many many tours and this is our favorite kayak trip. There were all age groups in our tour (oldest were in their 70's), it was very windy and all were able to keep up and enjoy themselves. As others have said the water is gorgeous, the knowledge and passion of the guide is perfect and the added touches are amazing. The added touches including the warm/cold (depending on the weather) towels, Sweet Pea (the eceltic? parrot), Sooty? (the dog), the family ambience and the hospitality make it an absolutely unforgettable trip. Gary, the boat captain, navigates the waters around the island with skill and safety especially in windy/rough water that we were in. Unfortunately because of the wind and current we were also cautioned about the snorkeling and no one on our tour decided to go. It was possible and if folks had chosen to James and Gary would have gladly taken folks to do so. Just an overall well done tour, a true gem in the Caribbean and definitely the best in Antigua!

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

As an unfit 57 year-old I went on this trip with trepidation. Silly me! The sea kayaking was great fun and us oldies easily kept up with the youngsters. It was interesting, fun and the guides were very knowledgable. This is a real family business: dad greeted us, mum (Jenny) chatted with us while we waited and treated us to rum punches and homemade banana bread made from her own garden bananas. James (their son) was our guide.
I even got to see the very rare Racer snake (only 300 in the world and unique to Bird Island).
My only complaint was the arrival of large numbers of people via catamarans on MY beach on Bird Island!

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A friend and I took this excursion through a Royal Caribbean cruise on January 25, 2013. I would definitely recommend this to everybody! The kayaking was a great time even though we had never done it before. The scenery was breathtaking as we had never seen water this blue in our lives. James, our guide, was very energetic and informative. The snorkeling was wonderiful although we wish we could have done it a little bit longer. We finished the day off with warm towels and refreshments. It was a wonderful day and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

1  Thank justina h