“An unexpected Gem”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Connecticut
“An unexpected Gem”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I was really hesitant to stay there, based on the previous comments on this site, but we are sure glad we did. The customer service was exemplary - from the front desk staff to the senior management (though I wasn't pleased that the concierge was more attentive to her cell phone call that to us). Each and every person we passed asked us how we were. Senior manager made at least one contact during each meal and during each of our forays into the lounge. The rooms and the rest of the property were very clean (and the suites were really spacious and well appointed). The fitness center was free, though there was a charge for use of the locker room. The buffet breakfast was a terrific value, and the food and drink in the lounge was reasonably priced as well. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Greek first
west palm beach
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We ended up here this weekend for a soccer tournament my daughter was in. At the last minute I booked a hotel and to my surprise was able to find a great 48 hour special online thru Hyatt 5 days prior for $89 per night. We checked in early at 10:45 am after our 1st game and were given a room in building 3. It was a nice room overlooking the golf course. It had a small kitchen area with a frig, microwave and a small stove top. Room was clean and a nice size. We enjoyed lunch in between games outside by the bar/pool area. Lunch was perfect- grilled to order and the service was excellent. I went inside to find out why I couldnt log in with our name/room number for the wi fi and was given complimentary 24 hour usage instead of the normal charge of $10 per day. We were located 5 miles away from the fields and ended up coming back with girls and they swam for a few hours after the game. The pool area is nice with a hot tub and a ping pong table. This morning we went to the breakfast buffet and the good was good there also. Service was once again excellent. overall it was a great hotel and I would come back again with my family. I cannot think of one thing to complain about. From the time we walked through the doors until we left- all the staff were wonderful..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Cincinnati
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Nice place. Stayed there for a business conference. Got upgraded to a 2 room suite. Big bathroom, comfortable bed, QUIET A/C - must be some kind of central system because there was no clangy noisy window unit. Staff was super friendly, too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Missouri
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My wife and I were visiting in the area and our travel agent booked us at the Hyatt. As just about everyone else we got lost attempting to find it. Even though we arrived past the check in time our room was not ready and we had to wait 45 minutes before we could get in. We asked for a refrigerator in the room since I need insulin. We were told at the front desk to take out items from the mini bar and put our items in as needed. You guessed: even though we did not purchase anything from the mini bar and replaced all the items we took out we were charged for those items anyway. Had to fight for my money back.
This package also included breakfast and internet in the room (they charge $10+ per day). Of course they added the breakfast we had and the internet connection. I had to fight to get that credited as well.
There was a large group there for the Passover fastivities. Since this is an all Kosher group they took over the kitchen(s) and the restaurants. The rest of the guests were told that we'd have no access to any of the restaurants or room service. This hotel has no other restaurants in the area unless you drive several miles. I complained to the General Manager via telephone and was told he'd return my call ASAP. Never heard from Mr. Lauria. I wrote an E-mail to him but never received a response. This is shameful. I will make sure I NEVER stay at another Hyatt hotel period.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rottylr
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This was a very nice resort. The location was average but in a very exclusive Fort Lauderdale area. The room was very nice and roomy; however the curtains and the bed comforter had about 2 inches thick of dust. I took my daughter and her cousin to the pool area and they had a nice size heated pool with a waterfall. The check in and check out process was seamless. The hotel bed was super comfortable with lots of pillows. Requests are prompt. Overall I would definitelly stay there again and recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We visited the Hyatt regency Bonaventure as part of a conference. Overall the hotel was overpriced, in poor condition and expensive.

High points: Michael, the night desk clerk was a godsend. He was attentive and worked diligently over two days to insure our comfort.

Low points: Maintenance staff had no clue about customer service. We arrived to a man pressure washing the drive. First he stood in the drive so that our hired car could not bring us to the door. His equipment was loud enough to prevent anyone from hearing at the front desk. On our way to the room our valet was embarrassed and volunteered an apology for the worker's actions.

Maintenance was sweeping our third floor balcony with a leaf blower.

Door to closet was broken and had to be fixed.

Front desk staff was generally rude (except as noted above.) We included internet as part of our package for conference members, but not all members received this benefit initially. Some of those that did not were treated quite rudely. They often did not folow through with promised items.

Housekeeping people spent a significant amount of time standing around outside of our door chatting. A hotel this large should have a break room for staff.

I could go on, but I would urge visitors to Weston who need to visit this hotel for a conference to stay at another location and drive in. In comparison, we extended out trip in a budget inn in Key Largo and their service, comfort and value surpassed the Hyatt.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I was really looking forward to spending two nights in this hotel before the 4 of us boarded our cruise. We checked in at around 6pm in the evening (so not overly late by any means). Well we tried to check-in, only to be told that the hotel was overbooked and they didn’t have the 2 rooms for us that we had booked well in advance.

After a 15 minute discussion with the Reservations Manager, I worked out that there was a conference going on in the hotel and they had decided to give away our rooms to the party. I was very angry because it was an act of greed on their part. I then sent us across the road to a self-catering apartment that was around 3* at best, after telling me that it was the same standard as the Hyatt.

When I returned I contacted Hyatt and asked them why I had not received my loyalty points (as it was their fault that I could not stay at the hotel) and they made up some excuse and told me I couldn’t have them. I told them to cancel my loyalty membership and they didn’t even bother to reply to me. They also didn’t reply to an email I sent them before I left.

I will never stay in a Hyatt hotel again as the service from start to finish was shocking. I also told them this in the last email I sent them and guess what, NO REPLY!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
W Fort Lauderdale
W Fort Lauderdale
#26 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort La...
#30 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!