First off i am here on business at a conference so i have to stay here or wake up super early to get here on time from another hotel.. Yes, I am still here and have one night left to stay. Total of 3 nights. First of all 3.5 stars???? who rated this place? It is in the middle of a residential neighborhood with NOTHING in walking distance so u are forced to drive or stay right here for everything.
Let's start with check in. I tell the woman my husband is disabled and i need something close to an elevator. She gives me room 410 which after i get him and all of our things up here is right off the elevator Great right? No wrong! The key does not work . There is a housekeeper who tries to help us and calls up front... oh no your room is 401 sorry i wrote it wrong. Well 401 is as far from the elevator as you can get the very last room. Room is ok efficiency with 2 beds. Nothing to write home about. The door does no close all the way and that must explain the insect bites on my legs from mosquito that get in thru the huge crack. Beds are lumpy and not too comfortable
First night i try to arrange a wake up call and i can not get thru. I call the main desk and after literally 25 plus rings someone picks up. Thank goodness it was not an emergency. The woman assures me she will set it all up. Yes u guessed it no wake up call. Others at the conference say the same thing happened to them.
Ok so now i am running late. We go to breakfast. Breakfast for 2? $40.00 YES
They had a lunch buffet at a reduced rate of 12 dollars for us it was a small salad bar and a pasta with 2 sauces. No fruit no dessert no nothing. Remind you that you need a car to go anywhere else around here and the streets are not easy to navigate. As you have to cross over highways to get anywhere.
Tonight we go out. I come back and try to arrange a wake up call. Again cant get thru and it literally took over 30 rings till the front desk answered. I try to tell her no one got the calls.and she ignores that and says she will arrange it. I ask how do you access reg TV channels? She says oh didnt you get a TV guide? I say no she says oh well if i get someone they can bring it to you. I said well it is late now and she says well if u stop by the front desk tomorrow i can see if i can get one for you???? I said can you just walk me thru it?
She says well i will give you the guide tomorrow?? So we try to get the tv on ourselves only to notice the tv screen is so dark i can not even see it with my glasses on. The commercials are clear and bright just tv shows are not.
I truly can not wait to see what tomorrow brings. Not a very good experience thus far.
Other people at the conference were saying the same negative things and said the resort the conference was held in last year was so much better They were shocked at how bad of a choice this place was.
I will say the pool area is very nice.
Do yourselves a favor and do not stay here. I will NEVER come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Ft. Lauderdale’s largest spa and surrounded by championship golf and world-class shopping, the AAA Four-Diamond Bonaventure Resort & Spa provides endless opportunities for relaxation, recreation, and pure enjoyment. This renowned south Florida resort features spacious estate-style guestrooms and suites, four sun-drenched pools, 24-hr fitness center, lush gardens, and multiple dining options, including the locally acclaimed Ireland’s Steakhouse. Conveniently located to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and just minutes from Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall, the BB&T Center home to NHL, converts and special events, and Everglades Eco-adventures. Bonaventure features over 80,000 sq ft of newly renovated conference center space which showcases superior indoor, and vast outdoor, options for business and social engagements. Innovative food and beverage offerings complete the unexpected service all in an effort to provide the absolute best experience during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bonaventure Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Weston
- Hyatt Weston
- Bonaventure Resort Weston
- Bonaventure Spa Weston Florida
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Hotel
- Hyatt Spa Weston
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center And Spa