“If I didn't have to be here, I would not be”

Bonaventure Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 30, 2014

First off i am here on business at a conference so i have to stay here or wake up super early to get here on time from another hotel.. Yes, I am still here and have one night left to stay. Total of 3 nights. First of all 3.5 stars???? who rated this place? It is in the middle of a residential neighborhood with NOTHING in walking distance so u are forced to drive or stay right here for everything.
Let's start with check in. I tell the woman my husband is disabled and i need something close to an elevator. She gives me room 410 which after i get him and all of our things up here is right off the elevator Great right? No wrong! The key does not work . There is a housekeeper who tries to help us and calls up front... oh no your room is 401 sorry i wrote it wrong. Well 401 is as far from the elevator as you can get the very last room. Room is ok efficiency with 2 beds. Nothing to write home about. The door does no close all the way and that must explain the insect bites on my legs from mosquito that get in thru the huge crack. Beds are lumpy and not too comfortable

First night i try to arrange a wake up call and i can not get thru. I call the main desk and after literally 25 plus rings someone picks up. Thank goodness it was not an emergency. The woman assures me she will set it all up. Yes u guessed it no wake up call. Others at the conference say the same thing happened to them.

Ok so now i am running late. We go to breakfast. Breakfast for 2? $40.00 YES

They had a lunch buffet at a reduced rate of 12 dollars for us it was a small salad bar and a pasta with 2 sauces. No fruit no dessert no nothing. Remind you that you need a car to go anywhere else around here and the streets are not easy to navigate. As you have to cross over highways to get anywhere.

Tonight we go out. I come back and try to arrange a wake up call. Again cant get thru and it literally took over 30 rings till the front desk answered. I try to tell her no one got the calls.and she ignores that and says she will arrange it. I ask how do you access reg TV channels? She says oh didnt you get a TV guide? I say no she says oh well if i get someone they can bring it to you. I said well it is late now and she says well if u stop by the front desk tomorrow i can see if i can get one for you???? I said can you just walk me thru it?
She says well i will give you the guide tomorrow?? So we try to get the tv on ourselves only to notice the tv screen is so dark i can not even see it with my glasses on. The commercials are clear and bright just tv shows are not.

I truly can not wait to see what tomorrow brings. Not a very good experience thus far.
Other people at the conference were saying the same negative things and said the resort the conference was held in last year was so much better They were shocked at how bad of a choice this place was.

I will say the pool area is very nice.

Do yourselves a favor and do not stay here. I will NEVER come back here.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Tamijoy
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Hello....we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us, which was obviousy very dissppointing. We can offer no excuses - all of your points are well taken and we will use your feedback as a vehicle to pinpoint some of our weakknesses, learn from them, and find ways to improve our performance. We feel terrible about the mishap in sending you to the wrong room and can only imagine the feeling of frustration you and your disabled husband must have felt. We are truly sorry and equally disappointed that we missed the opportunity to recover and fix these probems while you were here.

Once again, our sincere apologies for our failure to meet your expectationsin this instance. Should you decide to re-examine our resort, I can assure you your experience will reflect the standards normally set by Bonaventure Resort & Spa.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The 'resort' was tired and is in need of some major investment. Let me start - on check in I noticed the fish tank was just well beyond poor, the bar wasn't even stocked or open at 3pm, followed by a resort that was so run down, the golf course over grown, the rooms smelled, and a resort fee (what for???!!).

Stay somewhere else. I have asked for a refund from Priceline as well.

Wade

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Wade76
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel pre-cruise arriving on April 4. Our flight was late so we did not get to the hotel about 1:30am. Upon entering the front door we walked towards the front desk. We were so tired, the night auditor did not make any eye contact. We got right in front of him, his put his hand up said give me a minute. Really? We were so tired and we had to wait for him to finish what he was doing. Talk about a warm welcome. Then he was telling us how to get to the room and said he can have someone drive us there. He said they would be here in a few min. 10 min later we were still waiting, we then decided to walk. The room was okay but the bed sheets were so rough. It was
very uncomfortable. Upon returning home we saw our credit card was booked twice. The night auditor no showed us and must have not reinstated us properly because upon checkout we were again charged. I called and left a voicemail for the accounting dept, says a call will be returned in 48 hours. No one called us back. I called again today, spoke to someone in accounting, was told I will get a call back in an hour as she was going to look into it. I did not get a call back. I am now taking this to my credit card company. I have a background in hotels and this service is un acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank royniv
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hello Royniv,
I do apologies that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have forwarded your comments to the director of operations to address the challenges you encounter and engage the necessary training and guidance to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

A beautiful quiet resort in the upscale city of Weston Florida. The spa and gym are awesome with 4 pools in different locations on the beautiful grounds. The rooms are really nice with plenty of space. The Ireland's Steakhouse located in the hotel serves the best food as has a staff on hand that is extremely welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisPMinnesota

Thank you so very much for your wonderful words. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience Ireland's!

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel with 3 or 4 pools a very nice spa, very friendly staff and huge rooms/suites located around a pretty lake. A must see! Something for the whole family! The ducks swim on the lake and visit your outdoor balcony (if you are on the ground floor) daily. Very relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2014
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Hello Peterr77, Your review was wonderful and touched most aspects of the Bonaventure! Looking forward to welcoming you to the sunshine state from the big apple!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here two nights on a Priceline reservation in April. Facility is terrific. Large, attractive main pool, beautiful lobby and public areas, nice fitness center and business center. Had room in Building 1 that was very nice with large, marble bathroom that included a bidet. Two issues, however, spoiled my visit. The room clock was 12 hours off which meant that the alarm was 12 hours off - not good. Both nights some Building 1 guests were loud and obnoxious on the outside walkway, off and on until past 3a. Next door guest played very loud music starting at 7a one morning. Large family interrupted my work in the business center when they congregated and chatted. Liked the facility but not the people who stayed here. Will not return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DavidPortland

Hello DavidPortland, Everything about your review of the Bonaventure was so wonderfully positive. It is however, unfortunate that you experienced a less positive engagement with other guests. You did not mention that you contacted security and ot the front desk to help you with the "not so great guests" Perhaps you might reconsider and if by chance you run into the same issue I hope you will allow us the opporutnity to correct it so you can leave with the best possible time spent at the Bonaventure Resort

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed at the resort from jan 31st to feb.4. This is a beautiful quiet resort in a beautiful area of south florida but nestled away in a quiet community. It's real safe which is important and nice restaurants and lounge on site and a beautiful pool. Great resort for the family and reasonably priced. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose upper level room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so very much for your recent positive posting about your stay at the Bonaventure Resort. We look forward to your return vist!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Vacation Village at Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!