“Great hotel if you can get a good price”

Bonaventure Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I managed to get a great one-night deal at this hotel and spa and it was well worth the money. $109 for one night, which included a $25 bar credit and a $50 spa credit as well as a stunning lake view room with A/C, flat screen TV and giant king sized bed. Well worth the money. I must say that the marketing dept have done a very good job on their website, as the photos look a lot better than real life, but it's still good. We enjoyed the pool, the bar and the spa facilities. Very professional personnel and friendly. It is also very close (approx 5 miles) from Sawgrass Mills shopping, entertainment and restaurant complex - ideal. Overall, I would stay here again if I could get a good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review on our property. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool and cabana bar - and it's always a pleasure to receive kind remarks from our guests about our staff and service. We hope to see you again soon to take advantage of our shuttle to Sawgrass Mills! Leave the driving to us.

There are newer reviews for Bonaventure Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 14, 2013

First this property is set up like a timeshare more than a resort and the nicest things I can say about the appearance is that it is average. Four story buildings spread around the property. Two or three small pools. I didn't have time to check out the Spa. The bed was nice and the sheets were of a high quality. The bathroom was marble and a there is separate tub and shower, as well as a bidet. On the minus side the elevator was tired, They do have a shuttle to the Sawgrass mall but only one and it leaves 45 minutes after the mall opens and returns at 5:30pm. There are many resort hotels that charge for parking but this is the first one I've encountered that charges for self parking where you park outside the building you are staying in.There was also an accounting error that took way to long to resolve.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nedsully

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We are pleased to hear that oeverall, you were pleased with our facilities. We appreciate your comments about the need to upgrade our elevators, which is one of the projects we have planned over the next year. We have also just instituted a new parking program that ensures all of our guests a guaranteed parking spot in front of their guest rooms and to improve the overall safety of our customers. We do hope you will come back and visit us again when you stay longer to enjoy our beautiful amenities.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

When I purchased the deal for a night at this resort, I was sure that there had to be a catch! There wasn't. The room was lovely, the meal at the Banyan was outstanding and the ambiance of the resort was terrific. Everyone was helpful and courteous.

The best deal is the breakfast buffet where you can eat yourself into oblivion for a mere $17.00.

I highly recommend the resort for a quick get a way. I doubt that there is enough to keep you busy for more than a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EnidBetty
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and that your dining experience in Banyan Restaurant was outstanding. Please come and visit us again soon for another quick get away - be sure to try our Ireland's Steakhouse - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. I had read other reviews and was somewhat worried by what i had read. I do try to keep an open mind although i make sure i read all reviews before booking a hotel. I found all the staff i had contact with great. All were helpful and efficient. Unlike other reviewers i did not find anyone who was discourteous. The location of the hotel is great and it has exceptional facilities. The spa is amazing and i would definitely go back. The rooms were of a good standard - it is time for refurbishing however, despite being slightly 'tired' the rooms were clean. Our only complaint was that the rooms had a damp, fusty smell i usually associate with mold. Although the AC worked well, it smelled like either the air had been off OR there was some underlaying issues. Another room we went into had the same smell. As a result, all of the clothes i had taken away with me had a horrible damp smell and had to be washed when i got home (even the ones i hadnt worn). Its a shame because this is the one reason why i would not return to the property. We only live an hour away and take numerous 'mini-breaks' throughout the year. Other than this complaint we did have a nice time.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and exceptional facilities - particularly our Alaya Spa! Be sure to check out our up-coming Yoga Retreat the weekend of June 21.

We are also checking into the musty smell in your particular room and will take immediate steps to correct this situation - thanks for bringing it to our attention. We hope you will come back again soon so you may see the positive change that has taken place as a result of your comments.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place got not so great reviews, but I have stayed here twice in the past 14 months. I didnt like the seperate buildings when I first arrived, but after going to the rooms I LOVED THIS PLACE. The rooms are super nice with huge bathroom and nice kitchenette. We got two rooms both times that connected. This is a very nice place to stay and any time I am in this area of florida this is where I will stay. The grounds are beautiful and the pool is the best and it is so pretty.

Room Tip: I would suggest building 3 or 4 since they are closest to the pool and I think that they are some of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property - we were thrilled to her that you loved the size of our rooms and the kitchen area. Our guests also enjoy our pool area - we now have Saturday night family dive-in movies at 8 pm through Labor Day at our main pool and provide floats and snacks for the kids (and mom & dad, too)- so we hope you will come back again soon - bring the family!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Worst hotel ever. It looks like multiple small apartment buildings. Lots of zigzag turns to get to the room. Upon entering the room, the stuffy smell gets to you. The beds looks extremely small and feel uncomfortable. Two dead roaches were found in room. We got there too late and were too tired to leave that night. Had reserved for two nights but of course, left the next morning and spent night at a classy hotel. There is absolutely nothing to do besides the pool. Nothing for kids. Very Boring hotel. Very displeased customer. Don't waste your money. It is not worth the experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank prev35
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We are very sorry for your disappointment with our guest rooms; we have already passed on your comments regarding the musty smell and insects to our Housekeeping Department so they can address these concerns immediately.

We do want you to know that we offer family dive-in movie night every Saturday through Labor Day - an event that our guests have come to enjoy. We do hope you will give us another chance - if you need to speak to our hotel manager, please contact our Executive Office directly.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been coming to this resort for the last 6 years and this last time I was there I was not happy at all. The customer service I received was atrocious. I've never felt so belittled by the front desk staff before. They are usually very friendly every other time I've been there. The manager of the front desk, Josh was completely rude and was not very customer service friendly. After the service I received I will not be coming back and will be finding a new hotel with more friendly managers. Also it seemed on Saturday everyone was the manager as when I went first it was Josh then when I came back later it was a new manager I believe by the name Rafael who made it seem like I was crazy and never spoke to the other manager just 2 hours before. He was ready to go back on what the last manager just told me and I had to demand that the other one come out so I would not have anymore problems. They both had a superiority complex. So disappointed by my stay and it really put a damper on my best friends birthday after I referred this hotel to her.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Briana J
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We were very disappointed to hear about your negative experience with our front desk managers. We do not want to lose you as a customer and would ask that you contact our Hotel Manager, Mike Lauria, at 954-349-5648 so that he may discuss the specific issues you encountered. We are confident of our ability to provide the kind of service and hospitality that you have every right to expect from us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#15 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!