“Hidden Jewel, Outstanding Service”

Bonaventure Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Thomas
“Hidden Jewel, Outstanding Service”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. I can't say enough good things about the friendly staff and excellent service. Kesha, Denista and Rafeal at the front desk are the best! Jean and Franklin are always right there to help with your bags and are professional, knowledgeable and very friendly. The housekeeping staff are extremely kind and accommodating. The room-service food is outstanding. I usually let Denise choose my meal, and she always makes excellent recommendations. She also has great suggestions for restaurant items that are not listed on the room-service menu. The rooms are bright, spacious, comfortable and have an upscale feel. The two restaurants on property are excellent-- especially Ireland's. I'm so glad I discovered this wonderful property -- it is my home away from home. Thanks to everyone at Bonaventure

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review of your recent stay at our resort. We were thrilled to hear that our staff - specifically Keisha, Denitsa, Rafeal, Jean, Franklin and Denise contributed to the overall satisfacation of your stay with their friendly and helpful service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "second home" very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Greek first
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our 3 day/2 night stay at the Bonaventure Resort in Weston in mid-April 2013 was a highlight of our month in Florida. From our dealings with the front desk (Brett and Barbara were fabulous) to a relaxing evening at the Zen Bar (you have to meet Trevor, as in "Trevor Forever) to the wait staff at the Banyan Restaurant were all exceptional. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite in Building 5, and it was over the top big, clean and luxurious. We were very close to the Sawmill Mall, and the BB&T Arena were we watched the Florida Panthers and Pittsburgh Penguins. The grounds were very well maintained, and our balcony overlooking the small lake and golf course was a must each morning. Our only regret is that time did not allow us to take advantage of the Spa, but that is only another reason why we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice room at check in. We did, and Brett came through big time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your exceptionally kind words about our staff members who made your recent stay so enjoyabe - we have already passed on your commendations to Barbara, Brett and Trevor for a job well done! Please visit us again soon!
Tampa
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was on hold for their reservations department for half hour! I finally hung up, redialed and selected their front desk office. I explained that I was trying to reserve a room and was on hold for an extended period of time. The representitive didn't wait to hear me out and rudely said there was nothing she could do to because that's not her job. She switched back where I waited another 15 mins. When the rep finally picked up, I asked why was I on hold so long, she also was extremely short with me, disregarded my question and asked if I wanted to book or not. I hung up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We are terribly sorry for the rude service you received from our reservations department. What you described is unacceptable. We would like an opportunity to speak with you directly so that we may assist with your reservations and obtain more information about this incident so that immediate corrective measures can be taken. Kindly contact our Executive Office at 954-349-5700. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.
New Hampshire
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed 3 days in April to attend a conference and was delighted by the room size. For a great price booked through an on-line site, I secured a room with two double beds, a kitchenette, a large bath and patio with a walk-out to the pool. My colleague had a suite with a king size bed in a separate room, a living area and a kitchenette with a bar. (We both noted that the kitchenette had no utensils or plates, but the microwave and refrigerator were quite handy for keeping foods cool or warming them up.)

The hotel is divided into a number of buildings, each 4 stories high. There are 3 well maintained swimming pools - 2 small ones and one larger main pool with waterfalls, a beach bar and outdoor restaurant. The 24 hour fitness facility is very large and located in the same building as the spa. The property has a nice walking path along a pretty area that overlooks water and a golf course.

I believe this property was recently acquired by Weston, and perhaps that accounts for the lack of information found in the room and at the desk. There was literally no guidance whatsoever about the property and its amenities in the room, and I had trouble getting an answer when I tried to arrange a wake up call by the hotel. Aside from this, the staff were pleasant and accomodating, and the rooms were very clean.

This property is located a bit out of the way. Without a rental car, we really had no way of exploring the beaches and the outlet mall. Still, the quietness of the setting and the relaxed atmosphere were nice. It will be interesting to see what the Weston chain does with this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and check out the price of a suite if you like a very large room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments on our property after your recent visit with us. We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, staff and service.

We also appreciate your feedback about the lack of in-room information pertaining to our property. Please know that we will be finalizing our in-room guest directory very soon. As you may know, the property underwent a transition in September 2012 and we are now managed by Benchmark Resort & Hotels. We hope you will be able to visit us again soon!
Manchester
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Got a great deal courtesy of priceline name your own price, this is the only 4 star in the west ft lauderdale sawgrass mills area (no.11 on map) so you know what you're getting. Only $83 plus taxes, $100 total, wi-fi was included in my rate but they've just introduced parking charges, valet parking $14, self park $8 a day so that was extra. Don't like being charged to park my own car so not happy about that especially if you'd paid full price and were staying more than one night. The room was nice, updated and spacious but smelled musty, not sure if this was coming through the air conditioning system. Was happy with the great deal I got but wouldnt have been so happy had I paid full price, doesnt quite seem 4 star to me, especially as the exterior of the buildings could do with some new paint.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lake view and watch the wildlife.
2 Thank ALy0ns
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our resort and appreciate your feedback regarding the air conditioning in your room - our Engineering Department is researching this issue so that it can be correced.

As to your comment regarding the new charge for parking, we consider this an upgrade for our guests, as it provides added safety and security, while guaranteeing our registered guests a parking spot in front of their guest room (very important during large conventions/events). We believe this parking program will enhance the overall experience for our guests.
Russia, Moscow
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Really Peaceful and quiet. Good and safe surroundings. The best steakhouse we ever tried in USA (right at the hotel – Ireland steakhouse)! One of the biggest outlets is nearby (about 14 miles away) - the Sawgrass mills - Iif you would like to have some shopping. And 25 minutes to the beach by car.
Nice service at the reception and in the restaurants.
Rooms in very good condition. Really comfortable beds - a pleasure to sleep on them. Delicious and not expensive breakfast in the morning.
Free WiFi in the room and free parking next to the entrance to the room.
We really enjoyed everything and absolutely nothing to complain about.

We had to stay in Florida for a few days more since our flight to New York several times canceled due to Hurricane Sandy, and we have never regretted the choice of hotel and gladly extended our stay there twice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uma_78
Thank you so much for your great review of our resort - we were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the property, staff and service - the perfect getaway from Hurricane Sandy! We look forward to your return trip in the very near future.
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a favourite hotel of mine and I have stayed here many times. However, the property has changed hands from Hyatt ownership and is now called the Bonaventure Resort and Spa. A sparkling new website portrays much improvement but also carries a substantial increase in room rates. I made a booking through clever-hotels.com which gave me a good rate as I was a bit dismayed at the new rates quoted on the website knowing that many improvements had not been made. I hate being right but it was true. Nothing much had changed at this hotel, my room was not refurbished and everything was as before, this not a bad thing except if I had paid the new prices. Check-in was ok but perhaps the hotel had lost a bit of its ambience from when it was a Hyatt, they did not even recognise that I was a returning, loyal customer and no offers for upgraded rooms etc. My room was in block number 7 and on the ground floor but it had not been refurbished, in fact I did not even get a patio this time. I had breakfast one morning and that was a very good buffet accompanied by good service. Overall still a great place to stay and an unusual layout which I really like but they need to do more renovations and up the general appearance to warrant the room rate and ‘new’ re-branding.

Room Tip: Look at the resort map and decide if you want to be away from the pool areas and views over the lake...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you chose to stay with us again! Although we are now managed by another company, many of our existing staff remains and are always happy to see our repeat customers. We are about to embark on a multi-million dollar renovation this summer, starting with the public areas in the conference center, then to the lobby and restaurants and finally, our guest rooms. We hope you will visit us again after the renovations are complete so you can see firsthand, the positive changes that will have taken place.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Central Beach
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
#42 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!