This hotel has changed management and is now simply the Bonaventure Resort and Spa. The changeover must have just happened, as they were still trying to sort out the reservation systems and potentially other issues that go along with it.
Our room was an upgrade (thank you Hyatt),and the suite was a very good size, with a very big main bathroom complete with separate shower, low step over tub, and bidet. There was also a separate guest bathroom across from the kitchen. It came with two flat panel TV's, a minibar and an additional not-so-small fridge. Be warned that while you get a microwave and stove, you do not have any pots pans, utensils, dishes, soap or more than two glasses. Also, you cannot see the TV in the living area while using the dining table because of the way the armoire is built.. Our suite had a balcony that faced the main pool, and our building was just a very short walk to the main reception / bar and restaurant. The spa is also near the main building.
You could tell that the staff were having issues with changes, but overall they were very cheery to guests, went out of their way to help (even helping me arrange for tennis lessons across the street at another hotel property), and were always attentive. We had to extend for an extra day to wait out a hurricane before being able to fly home, but the front desk made the transition seamless and easy, even though we had booked through a third party. The staff at the spa were just wonderful and made it a great experience. The hotel staff should be commended for getting through the transition with grace and equanimity.
To top it off, somehow (probably because of the expanse of the place) we never ran into any convention attendants, and so the place remained quite tranquil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Ft. Lauderdale’s largest spa and surrounded by championship golf and world-class shopping, the AAA Four-Diamond Bonaventure Resort & Spa provides endless opportunities for relaxation, recreation, and pure enjoyment. This renowned south Florida resort features spacious estate-style guestrooms and suites, four sun-drenched pools, 24-hr fitness center, lush gardens, and multiple dining options, including the locally acclaimed Ireland’s Steakhouse. Conveniently located to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and just minutes from Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall, the BB&T Center home to NHL, converts and special events, and Everglades Eco-adventures. Bonaventure features over 80,000 sq ft of newly renovated conference center space which showcases superior indoor, and vast outdoor, options for business and social engagements. Innovative food and beverage offerings complete the unexpected service all in an effort to provide the absolute best experience during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bonaventure Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Weston
- Hyatt Weston
- Bonaventure Resort Weston
- Bonaventure Spa Weston Florida
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Hotel
- Hyatt Spa Weston
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center And Spa