“Not a favorite.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
miami beach
“Not a favorite.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not sure why someone would choose to stay in Weston when it is so far from the beaches, airport and action further east. Our reason was we wanted a cheap, clean hotel that was close to our family in Weston--so we visit them and we decoided to stay an extra night and day instead of making a short drive home. The hotel certainly lived up to those minimal expectations but certainly did not wow, and had a bunch of small issues that I will recount below. But first a caveat, the Hyatt sold this hotel to Bonaventure on the first night of our stay, so maybe that explains some of the issues we had--change of ownership. Though I think I understand why Hyatt sold this property.

So I learned at check in at the main part of the hotel that the hotel is broken down into different buildings. Our 1 bedroom suite was in building two, just a short drive--so dont take out your luggage as I did for check in. The staff was friendly and nice and recognized my booking instruction for a crib, which was great, except it never came. Also my door mechanism jammed making it difficult to open the door without a special pull towards me and a kick. It later failed to close fully on me, and a very nice security guard notified me of my ajar door just minutes after I finished a shower. I was happy for that though. The units are garden style so they open out to the open air and parkign lot. you can self park your car in front of the building two area. Valet is available at the main bldg but not at bldg 2 where you are on your own. Also the adjoining interior hotel door was left wide open (presumably by hotel staff) and connected my room with the untenanted unit next to me. At first I thought I had a two bedroom suite by mistake but then I noticed the dual kitchens and mini bars and figured it out. I presume management had to close the adjoining door, as I didnt have time to wait around. The interior of the suite was very nicely appointed and clean and would def get high marks. Except we had a tropical storm (almost hurricane) the weekend before, so my bedroom smelled of wet, dank mildew. This was the worst part, and we decided not to spend the second night as a result. We did not ask for any concessions from the hotel though we did tell mgt. The response: "Oh no!" (literally) and that was it. Nothing more. We didnt ask for anything, so that was were we left it. The next issue was that I was not informed at check in that I would need a parkign pass, though they did give me great driving directions for how to drive my car from the main bldg to bldg two. I called them at night after learnign about it in a handout they priovided me at check in warning about parking passes. I asked for the favor of hotel staff to drop it off. It never came. Of course that was the night of the ownership change, so maybe thats why. [We have 3 over tired kids that I was trying to get washed for bedtime, so I didnt relish walking to the main bldg myself to do it]. the bed were not very comfy and the sofa bed was stiff. Again the room was musty and a bit damp still.
So the nexy afternoon we decided to spend some time at the pool. Unfortunately, all the lounge chairs were taken. The pool area was packed. Apparently, there was a NA (narcotics anonymous) convention at the hotel and they were all out in force at the pool, tatoos and all. The people werent a problem, except for the football that was being thrown over our kids heads at the pool for at least a half hour, and hotel management did nothign to stop it or enforce the pool rules. Well, atleast no one was drinking, so it was not out of hand by any means, just a couple people who didnt care about their neighbors at the pool. We ate at the pool bar and eventually went home a day early. In sum, it was an unremarkable stay. I know the hotel seems to have some restaurants on property that look nice. And our room did have a nice view of the golf course, which was nice. It was pretty quiet too, so all in all it served our initial purpose. we didnt use the spa but it looks like it could be pretty nice. Free breakfast was included for us, but we didnt parttake.

Room Tip: ask for golf course view. Bldg two is not connected to main bldg--short walk or drive. stay in mai...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Greek first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the hotel last week. I was in Ft. Lauderdale for shopping. The hotel is convinently located 15 minutes away from Sawgrass Mills and 30 minutes from Aventura Mall. The rooms where very spacious. Bathrooms where a little bit small, but not too tight. We had a small kitchen in our room, so we bought some drinks to put in the fridge.
I could see dust in a lot of places in the room. We threw the trash in a trash can in the kitchen and the next day after the room was made, the trashcan still was full of trash.
The beds where ok, but the sheets had some hairs (that certaninly where NOT mine), so I had to check the bed everyday to make sure it was clean.
It was OK for the price. Probably would stay there again but would make sure the room was propertly cleaned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Naples, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary at this hotel. We have stayed here 2 times previously but this time far exceeded our experiences and expectations! This hotel is in Weston, FL...a 15/20 min. drive to Ft. Lauderdale. Weston has everything you could want right there without the hustle, bustle of the big city. Truly a place to relax and unwind! Robert, the manager, greeted us and made sure he accomadated our every need. We were upgraded from a standard room to a gorgeous 2 bedroom suite. We were escorted around for a tour of the lavish grounds by Carl, whom was equally kind and generous. As we unpacked on our room, another staff member brought us a tray of chocolate and strawberries and a bottle of wine to celebrate! The room was BEAUTIFUL and was poolside. It was spacious and the furnishings were modern and upscale. The bedding was plush and luxurious! PERFECT in every way! Robert had also recommended Ireland's Steakhouse (in the hotel) which is rated 5 stars! I can see why.....BEST dinner experience of my life! Such a high end restaurant without the high end stiffness. It was elegant, the staff (Javier and John) were gracious, kind, and accomadating, and the food was out of this world! Even the staff at Ireland's celebrated our anniversary with us. They brought us out a dessert sampler that was beautiful and decadent. We spent one night here and upon checkout Robert even offered us breakfast at the hotel cafe Banyon on him. We declined as he had already been so generous to us! This was truly the BEST hotel and restaurant experience that we have had and we cannot say enough good things about the Hyatt Bonaventure and its staff. Thank you to all who helped make our anniversary getaway truly magical and we will surely return!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice room, breakfast included you cant go wrong. Parking is included, this hotel gets you away from busy Miami and you will get more for your money.

Pool area is nice and staff is friendly........ Highly recommended!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. It’s great to hear that you found your room to be neatly appointed. It sound like you enjoyed that pool area and found the staff to be very friendly. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Key Colony Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Main Lobby was ALOT nicer than the room. We were in Bldg. #2 & the elevator was dirty & the coverlets on both beds had stains on them. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I stayed at the Ritz last month in Dallas & only paid $50 more a night. Thought the Hyatt would be much nicer than it actually was. I saw where this complex would no longer be listed as "Hyatt" at the end of the month. I would give this place an AVERAGE RATING.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I actually got married at this hotel almost 5 years ago and it was such an amazing experience! We had our ceremony outside by the waterfall and what really sold us on that location was the huge swans that live there! They are so beautiful and peaceful to see! It is so beautiful looking at the different waterfalls, coy fish and swans and another wonderful feature is the gardens behind the red doors leading to the salon! My wedding photo's could not had been any more beautiful! The happy hour (which i didn't get to be a part of as we were taking photo's) was held in their "society room" It's a very charming room filled with black and white photos of legendary actors and actresses, i was quite bummed that we did not get to join in on the fun here! And finally our reception took place in one of the ball rooms, everything was set up perfectly and exactly how I had imagined it to look!

The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Now, I am NOT a fish eater but when I had my food tasting I was urged to taste the salmon as I should be aware of what I am serving my guests... I LOVED it and even ate it at my wedding along with the filet since we served a surf and turf meal to all guests.

Everything here is just beautiful, down to the pool and tiki bar, the golf course views, the rooms, etc!

My husband and I go back to the "Banyan" restaurant every year for our anniversary and take a stroll around the grounds to take in the scenery! Sometimes we will just drive out there to walk around the pool and ponds just to relax and reminisce!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear samiam308:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your wedding experience at our Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa. We're delighted to hear about your amazing & special getaway, and appreciate the level of detail of your review.

We're glad that every year, you make a special Anniversary dinner & evening walk with us. It's our pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

We look forward to bringing you back for more celebrations & getaways!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Every things were nice and clean. My only disappointment is that's if you want to connect on WiFi your have to pay extra. WiFi is in our day like TV, and should be included in the price. Even B&B in remote Scotland have free WIFI, so why luxury hotel can not?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hello thegreenwizard:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. Your comments about our wi-fi are greatly appreciated. Please note, our Hyatt Platinum members receive free wi-fi after just 5 eligible stays between 1/1 & 12/31. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Central Beach
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
#43 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!