“Paradise”

Bonaventure Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I actually got married at this hotel almost 5 years ago and it was such an amazing experience! We had our ceremony outside by the waterfall and what really sold us on that location was the huge swans that live there! They are so beautiful and peaceful to see! It is so beautiful looking at the different waterfalls, coy fish and swans and another wonderful feature is the gardens behind the red doors leading to the salon! My wedding photo's could not had been any more beautiful! The happy hour (which i didn't get to be a part of as we were taking photo's) was held in their "society room" It's a very charming room filled with black and white photos of legendary actors and actresses, i was quite bummed that we did not get to join in on the fun here! And finally our reception took place in one of the ball rooms, everything was set up perfectly and exactly how I had imagined it to look!

The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Now, I am NOT a fish eater but when I had my food tasting I was urged to taste the salmon as I should be aware of what I am serving my guests... I LOVED it and even ate it at my wedding along with the filet since we served a surf and turf meal to all guests.

Everything here is just beautiful, down to the pool and tiki bar, the golf course views, the rooms, etc!

My husband and I go back to the "Banyan" restaurant every year for our anniversary and take a stroll around the grounds to take in the scenery! Sometimes we will just drive out there to walk around the pool and ponds just to relax and reminisce!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear samiam308:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your wedding experience at our Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa. We're delighted to hear about your amazing & special getaway, and appreciate the level of detail of your review.

We're glad that every year, you make a special Anniversary dinner & evening walk with us. It's our pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

We look forward to bringing you back for more celebrations & getaways!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Every things were nice and clean. My only disappointment is that's if you want to connect on WiFi your have to pay extra. WiFi is in our day like TV, and should be included in the price. Even B&B in remote Scotland have free WIFI, so why luxury hotel can not?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Hello thegreenwizard:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. Your comments about our wi-fi are greatly appreciated. Please note, our Hyatt Platinum members receive free wi-fi after just 5 eligible stays between 1/1 & 12/31. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very nice hotel with very friendly staff, a great bar and excellent food.

the room was OK, large and well equipped but looking a bit tired. They're also in blocks apart from the main hotel building, which feels a bit like being on campus and makes it impossible to disguise the size of the place - it's huge.

the smaller pools beside the residential blocks are really small, but the main pool is excellent. The gym is also fantastic - huge and well equipped.

it's a long way from the beach though!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was in Weston, Florida for a conference that we were hosting and i must say that the hotel has just about everything going for it. I woudl peg it somewhere between a premium and luxury hotel. My room, a bedroom suite with a kitchenette, was luxurious for sure. The bathroom is very spacious and extremely well designed. I liked the fact that there are small pools spread across the property so that one does not have to lounge around the main one next to the reception. The gym is great and has every machine that one could possible think of, including free weights. The food at the Zen Bar was great and so was my mohito. Honestly, i cant think of anything here that could be better. The experience at check-in was not the best but then it was only due to my getting stuck with a woman behind the counter who was probably having a bad day or maybe just didnt beleive in ever smiling. The others were always helpful and had a smile on their face. The food at the conference was very good and the chocolate chip cookies are to die for. Great hotel, and if i am every in Weston Florida i would pick this hotel with my eyes closed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that open up into the golf course. The views from here are great. And yes, a room on t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sameer2011
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Sameer2011:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa. Your description about your room was very informative to guests who may want to visit or come back to see us. We will also be sure to recognize everyone from the employees at the Front Desk to the Zen Bar for the great service they offered. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This Hyatt property has been our favorite weekend gettaway for almost 3 years now and I must say that they never seize to amaze me. The hotel may be older than others, and the kitchen indeed lacks all the silverware etc. But the service is just amazing and compensates for everything else. We always travel with our son Onyx (black poodle) and even his mood changes when we're there. I truely believe that dogs can sence good and bad...and the hotel is definitely the best. The Irish restaurant is one of the best steak houses I've ever been too (sorry Mortons and Shula's). and I just cant stop stressing on the service. I remember on our second trip we had an inconvenience with the dogs upstairs. they just could not stop barking at 11PM at night. We called the lobby and 5 minutes later they send the guard to check out. The first time they could not find the room the barking was coming from, so we called again. the second time they found the dogs and were able to conatct the owners to handle the problem. The front desk personell called us back and sincerely appologized for the inconvenience. At chek out we got this amazing surprise. Our bill did not include all the pay per view movies we ordered, which were like 6 in total. As a courtesy and apology, they excempted the movies...a total savings of about $80.00. When I go to a hotel, I go there to be pampered and the staff there sure knows how too. However I heard that the hotel will not be a Hyatt property any longer starting August 2012. I wish they keep the staff and everything else as is under new management.

Room Tip: to avoid the noisynes, stay on a higher level room. And dont judge based on a one night stay or a on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeanne C:

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed description of your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa. We appreciate your feedback and would like to extend a welcome back, as you're a returning guest. Hyatt takes pride with our associates offering the best service in the industry. We hope to have the opportunity to continue to welcome you back. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel hosted our daughter's USAIGC National & International Gymnastics Championship. We spent a long weekend in a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The master bathroom is gorgeous. I have a few complaints. The kitchenette does not come with a full size fridge, or even an apartment size fridge. It comes with a small hotel fridge. The kitchen sink is so small, maybe 10X10. A few nice features are the cooktop stove, the counterspace and kitchen cabinets. One BIG problem! No plates, no silverware, no glasses, no pans, nothing. What's the point of having a kitchenette if you can't use it?! I called the hotel to find out what we were supposed to do and they said they don't come stocked with anything, that they could provide plates etc but only for 2 people. We are a family of 4! Next time, if there's a next time, I'll save my money and stay in a regular room. The hotel restaurants are expensive and not that great, not bad, just nothing to write home about. The pools are great, the pool service is great. My husband enjoyed the gym facilities and we loved the nature walk around the property. The convention center space was really nice and the location is convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcella B
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family and I have mafde this property our second home here in Weston Florida, Under the skillfull direction and management of Brian McDonald the property delivers in every area. Great location, wonderfull Spa, pool area is wonderful, and the staff is local, knowledgeable and responsive.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a suite facing the golf coarse and lake
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!