I stayed here for one night as part of my recent Miami-Ft. Lauderdale trip.
The advantage of this place is that you can usually get an excellent deal on Expedia or Hotwire because it's in the middle of nowhere over 12 miles west of FLL near I-595. Weston is very suburban, safe, and quiet (which is important as South Florida is notorious for its high crime rate). The hotel has sufficient parking, the lobby is beautiful, and the room interior was clean, lovely, and pleasant. I didn't notice any odd smells (and I have a sensitive nose). The landscaping is well-maintained and gorgeous.
There are two big disadvantages. First, it's in the middle of nowhere and hard to find at night in the dark. If you miss the left turn from State Route 84 to Bonaventure Boulevard, as I did, then you will have to follow SR-84 for two more miles to Indian Trace before you can throw a U-turn under Interstate 75. Do not stay at this place unless (1) you plan to stay on site the whole time or (2) you will be renting a car with GPS.
Second, the architecture is clearly a 1970s version of faux-French colonial, but with cinder block walls, which just looks tacky. The place was apparently formerly owned by Wyndham before Hyatt took over and thoroughly renovated everything. Even though it's been renovated, they didn't stucco the exteriors (to cover up the cinder blocks) and so the architecture just looks silly when you're walking between your room and the parking lot. But that's a minor complaint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Ft. Lauderdale’s largest spa and surrounded by championship golf and world-class shopping, the AAA Four-Diamond Bonaventure Resort & Spa provides endless opportunities for relaxation, recreation, and pure enjoyment. This renowned south Florida resort features spacious estate-style guestrooms and suites, four sun-drenched pools, 24-hr fitness center, lush gardens, and multiple dining options, including the locally acclaimed Ireland’s Steakhouse. Conveniently located to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and just minutes from Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall, the BB&T Center home to NHL, converts and special events, and Everglades Eco-adventures. Bonaventure features over 80,000 sq ft of newly renovated conference center space which showcases superior indoor, and vast outdoor, options for business and social engagements. Innovative food and beverage offerings complete the unexpected service all in an effort to provide the absolute best experience during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Bonaventure Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Weston
- Hyatt Weston
- Bonaventure Resort Weston
- Bonaventure Spa Weston Florida
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Hotel
- Hyatt Spa Weston
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center And Spa