“Wishing we didn't have to leave!”

Mizner Place at Weston Town Center
Reviewed May 1, 2008

My husband & I stayed here for a week, & I have to say, our experience was incredible. The room was clean & organized. We had everything in our room that we needed for the whole week. The service was great as well. We asked for more towels one morning, & the housekeeping service brought them up to us within 10 minutes. Everyone was very helpful. The main lobby has a computer room, which came in handy for printing out directions to the different places we wanted to go. The location is also great & quite convenient. There is a drug store directly across the street & many wonderful little shops to browse through. There was a Publix within walking distance, & Sawgrass Mills Mall is nearby. There were so many things for us to do in the surrounding areas as well. We went to the beach in Fort Lauderdale, South Beach in Miami & even went into the Florida Keys for a day. The weather was perfect! We didn't get caught up in the whole time share/sales pitch thing, so that wasn't an issue for us. Our only regret was that we had to come home! Thank you Mizner Place for a wonderful & unforgettable vacation. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FairyGirl94
There are newer reviews for Mizner Place at Weston Town Center

Reviewed April 2, 2008

I booked the Mizner Place for a few days after a cruise. We arrived in Port Everglades at about 9:00am and by the time we got a rental car and found the hotel it was about 11:30am. If you dont know where you are going you will get lost. The directions we were given took us to Vacation Village at Bonaventure.

Mizer Place is located about 10 minutes away in the Weston Town Center. It is a great locaction with nice restaurants, shops and a Publix supermarket. The only downfall is that most of the activities take place at Bonaventure and there is no shuttle service between the two resorts. Also the hotel needs to do a better job of having actitvities available at Mizner. There are a list of available activities that they give you upon check in but they all take place at Bonaventure. The only thing I saw going on at the Mizner pool was one game of Bingo. Pool was very nice

Our unit was great. We had an A & B unit on the second floor. The nice thing is there is access to the garage from all floors so you dont need to lug suitcases around the lobby and up elevators The A side had a nice size living and dining room, a big bedroom with balcony and jacuzzi and a nice bathroom with doulbe sinks. The rooms are maintained very nicely with all the necessary ammenities. The B side is just a smaller version, but just as nice. It has no jacuzzi and a smaller kitchen. The beds are comfy and the balcony overlooks the pool. There is a laundry on every floor, bring quarters.

Upon arrival we had lunch at the Cheese Course and it was very nice. They have a nice selection of sandwiches or else you can just go in and get a baguette with a piece of cheese. Nice and not too costly. After lunch we went to Starbucks for coffee.

There is a nice pizzeria in town center. The name escapes me right now but the food was very good. I had a delicious whole wheat panini with prosciutto, peppers and mozzarella. Kids all had pasta and pizza and loved it. After that lunch we all went to the chocolate/ice cream shop for dessert. Its a little costly but well worth it. Try the chocolate covered twinkies!

There is a restaurant called the East Side Grill. Menu looked great and on Sundays they have industry night. If you are in the foodservice industry and show your business card there is 50% of on your bill for two guests. Nice!

We had Easter dinner at Catch of the Day. It's located about 10 minutes away from the resort and was awesome. We started off with clams and oysters on the half shell and buckets of shrimp. Mahi mahi was great, as was the salmon and the swordfish. Others in our party had shrimp and crab legs. My nephew had a shrimp wrap and loved it. The reviews from all in our group were unanimous. Key lime pie and chocolate lava cake were top choices for dessert and they were a big hit. We all loved the place! We ended up spending hours there and had a great afternoon. They have a second location in Miami. This is deffinetly a place not to miss!

There is a computer room with about 5 computers for guest use. You can use the computers for 20 minutes at a time. If there is no one waiting you can keep logging on for as long as you want . They have a printer available so that you can print up boarding passes for the airlines.

There are outlets nearby for shopping but the shuttle only runs early in the morning. I tried to go late in the afternoon and was not able to. Ruth, a not so nice front desk clerk (the only not nice person I ran into at the hotel) told me to take a taxi. The cost would have been $45 each way so I opted not go. Instead I shopped at Purple Rain in the Weston Center.

On check out day our flight was late in the evening. The staff at the hotel is very nice and they let us stay late. We checked out of the A unit early in the day but were able to keep the B unit until 6:00pm. Staff at the hotel is very pleasant. We would deffinelty go back to this resort!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank TulaneMom O
Reviewed March 6, 2008

We did a timeshare exchange into the Mizner Place Vacation Village, about 20 miles inland from Ft. Lauderdale Beach in Weston, FL. Weston is an upscale resort & residential community with plenty of shopping and restaurants.

One of the first things we could appreciate about Mizner Place was that it had an indoor parking garage, very unusual for Florida. It was convenient to have the car just steps away from our fourth floor location (top floor). The interior of the public areas was quite dreary, I felt very much like a rat in a maze of cramped identical hallways. But the interiors of the individual units were very nicely decorated and had lots of room if you get an "A" unit. "A" units have their own jacuzzi and more living space than the lock-off "B" units. An "A" unit should be able to sleep 4; two in the king size bed and two in the pull out couch in the living area. The bed in the master suite is king size, and there is a 19" cable tv in the bedroom. The living room has a larger cable tv with a DVD player.

We quickly found out that there was no pillow or blanket stashed away for our fold out couch. Since we had our teenage son with I called housekeeping, thinking that once we left for the day that housekeeping would be closed if we chose to do this later inthe day (they close at 4:30) . It was impossible to communicate with them over the phone since all they spoke was Spanish and I don't. But at some point the housekeeper said, "ten minutes." After waiting a half hour I decided to go down to housekeeping and was met with several housekeepers who could only speak Spanish and got quite agitated that I could not understand them. Finally a manager from the front desk with some attitude and told me quite rudely that it was only going to be 10 minutes! By now it was over 45 minutes and I couldn't believe that there was only one blanket in this entire complex and we had to postpone leaving for a trip to the beach to wait for it to be washed and dried. It should have been in our unit in the first place! So much for hospitality!

We avoided management after that. I really wanted to use the internet access but found the same people there all the time. So much for googling directions!

One of the nice things about Mizner Place and the other Vacation Villages in the area is that many of the local restaurants offer a 10% discount if you show them your room key. We ate at some nice mom & pop places and got the discount also at Everglades Holiday Park (where you tour the Everglades).

I was a bit disappointed at all the street noise but I chose to keep my windows open instead of running the airconditioner. The staff literally drags the dumpsters across the cement around 7:30 each morning. And there are a lot of sirens and car noises directly beneath the balcony if you have an outside room.

The inside rooms face the pool, which is nice. The pool was a little larger than your typical Florida pool and heated. They also had a nice Jacuzzi area and the entire pool area looked well maintained. There are over a dozen restaurants in the adjoining Weston "downtown" that you can easily walk to. It is landscaped beautifully and feels safe even after dark.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2008

We stayed here for 6 days following a Caribbean cruise. What can I say?
There is nothing actually wrong with this resort that would make me advise against staying there, but it is oh so boring!
Check in was fine - except for the Time share invite when we collected our parking voucher. Be warned if you take up this offer, it is not made clear that this is a time-share promo tour and you will be asked for $20 dollars, which will be returned to you when you turn up. This is not returned until the end of a long tour etc: and then in the form of a gift Visa card. Not sure if you can protest and get your cash - we were like zombies by that stage.
The resort itself is in a shopping plaza, with great views of the Publix carpark. We tried to find a Restaurant open at 9p.m on a Sunday evening to no avail.
We stayed in the smaller room (B) - it was ok - very dark though. On the plus side the bed was very very comfortable. There was no welcome pack - coffee etc; which we would normally expect from these resorts.
The pool area was very small and during our stay only one side seemed to get all day sun, so soon became very crowded. There were no activities except on our last day when we were asked to complete a questionaire and participate in a raffle.
This is supposed to be the newest and nicest of the vacation village resorts at Weston, but to me it was more like a residential condo block with pool and a few extras. The gym was small with very basic machines, no towels or stretching area. The free internet was a definite bonus and the auto time limit was a good idea.
One good point was the closeness to Sawgrass Mills Mall - especially on the days when it rained. I would recommend Bahama Breeze restaurant after a day in the mall. This restaurant never disappoints. Flannigans, on Weston Road, is also recommended - especially the Salmon with sesame glaze!
All in all, we found this resort to be very bland, and not really a resort at all.Probably more suited to Senior citizens (of which there were many during our stay) escaping the harsh winters of the northen states.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank hijano1
Reviewed December 14, 2007

The website of the Mizner states that the property is a luxury one. I'm afraid I have to disagree. The floor was absolutely filthy, despite the fact that the unit looked clean. I walked around in my barefeet the first night and ended up having black feet! The place is poorly managed. We requested that we not have houskeeping service, but the maids kept turning up!! Not only did they turn up, but they just barged in. Now, we value our privacy as well as our belongings, which is why we did not want maid service at all. When I complained to the front desk I was laughed at. Even at check-in we were treated in a cavalier way - the girl there asked us in a sneering way if we were on our honeymoon. Not sure why she did that. My husband and I are both over 55. All in all, the location is the only excellent thing about the Mizner. I like how you can walk to the shops and restaurants, but management needs to be overhauled.

• Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank flossieFlorida
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We stayed at Mizner Place October 27-Nov 3. This was absolutely wonderful. We consider ourselves frequent travelers and have stayed at some of the best hotels. Mizner rates with them. The room was immaculate, King bed, jacuzzi, full kitchen, lovely view. The supervisor Alvero made every attempt to meet our needs and I must say he was beyond great. There is a pool at Mizer, but the large pool with the waterfall is at Vacation Village at Weston ( 2 miles away). We spent our time there. There are activities for the kids every day. There is a internet room with quick access, gym, fresh coffee and newspaper every morning. Mizner is close to Fort Lauderdale Airport and not far from the beach. Las Olas is where we spent most our our nights. The Town Center at Weston outside our room had quite a variety of restaurants as well as Publix (etc) if you want to do your own cooking. The staff was excellent. There is a beautiful lake along Mizner Place where you can take a morning run or power walk and view the white herons, geicos and the palm trees. We plan to return again and recommend it highly.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank Sweetiepie108
Reviewed November 7, 2007

We just recently spent a few days at Mizner Place in Weston Florida. It was a great experience. We had a 1 bedroom which was a very nice sized condo and also had the option for the lockout unit which is a little smaller and did not have the full kitchen. Our unit was clean with a full kitchen, large bedroom with separate bathroom and large whirlpool tub, and also a pullout sofa. The kitchen was very well equipped and each floor had a room with a washer and dryer. The pool and hot tub were nice and the place was not crowded at all while we were there. There is a covered parking garage and the grounds were very nice. It is in Weston town center, so right across the parking lot was a Publix and open air mall type area with many shops and services. Starbucks and other very good restaurants were right on site as well, and a great salon for massage and other treatments. Walgreens and other stores are also nearby as well as a shopping mall. All of the prices were reasonable. It is about 12 mies or so from the airport, and another 6 miles or so to the Ft. Lauderdale beach. We were not asked to attend any timeshare presentation while we were there, and the staff was very accomodating and also very cleaning oriented. You had the option for a mid week cleaning for a small fee. It is at the edge of the everglades, so not a lot of traffic in that area. Overall, we would look forwar to going back there and it was a great experience. It is a small complex compared to most, but very nice. There were not a lot of photos online, but everything from our end was fine. Contact me with any questions and thanks.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank robonel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Vacation Village at Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Mizner Place at Weston Town Center? Share your experiences!