“Japanese dinner”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A few friends and my wife had a great time at this place, the bartender recommended a few drinks and they were very good, about the tepan the overall experience was excellent, area was very clean the food was excellent and the chef stole the show

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is an awesome restaurant, excellent service, excellent food - great place to accommodate a large group for a special event

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is probably the first time Trip Advisor reviews have ever steered me wrong. This past weekend, I booked a reservation for hibachi at this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday with our family. From the time we walked into the door until the time we paid the check, this place proved over and over again that its customer service is extremely poor. First, although we had a reservation, we had to wait to be seated for 30 minutes. The host (who seemed like the manager) told us that they had called our name a couple of times, but that couldn't be true because we were seated right next to the host's desk and were listening attentively to every name called. Second, once we were seated, we were given kids menus with activities for our children but no writing utensils. I had to ask 3 times before someone finally remembered to give them to us. Third, it was another 15 minutes before the server took our drink orders and then another 30 minutes until he took our hibachi orders. Finally, the last excruciatingly long wait was for the birthday dessert, which waited almost 30 minutes for after finishing our dinner. All told, from the time we walked into the door and the time they returned the check to me for my signature, we sat in that restaurant for 3 hours! This was painful, considering that we have small children and dinner went way past their bedtime. Also, restaurant was loud and rowdy, making it seem more like a bar than a restaurant.

The only thing that keeps me from rating this place with one star was the food. The soup, hibachi dinners and tempura cheesecake were good overall, but having dined in Japanese restaurants all over the world, my husband and I did not feel that we got anything so extraordinary that would make up for the very poor service and numerous long waits. My advice would be to avoid this place.

2  Thank joraro
Reviewed August 24, 2013

...which shows with poor quality of food and service. by looking at the confusing menu with 1001 items one can already tell that the cook does not know what to cook, so he throws it all together, stirs it up and gives it name. knowing the decent japanese cuisine with it's taste and eye for details, this joint is a joke. pass by and get a chicken basket from publix next door.

1  Thank griswolds09
Reviewed July 6, 2013

It is a pity that a Japanese restaurante in such a great location (and one of the few ones in Weston) does not care about some important details.
Place is dark, TERRIBLE smell (smoke coming from the grill tables) and with a poor food (hibachi is fine but raw fish, as sushi / sashimi are poor). Seems they have never opened windows to change air for years... Really sad we don't happy a great place to go in the city.

2  Thank AnaCristina1971