My husband and our two 13 year olds just returned from Vacation Village at Weston. From the very start we were frustrated. We had a very hard time finding the check in building even with an address and a GPS. The resort is spread out with several sections and no one on staff at any of the buildings was able to give us correct directions. We found it by luck and a lot of driving.
We were placed in the Osprey building. It was close to the main waterfall pool and check in building. It was beautifully landscaped and maintained. We were checked into a B unit. It was perfectly clean and well maintained, The unit needed to be updated. The counter tops were old formica, the cabinets were quite dated and the tv's were very old and there was no DVD player in the bedroom. However since the unit was so clean I could have easily overlooked this. The unit was small and cramped. It had no stove or refrigerator and we had no way to prepare food except the microwave. We called the front desk repeatedly and asked to be upgraded to an A unit which had a full kitchen and much more room.
I really wanted to rate the resort 5 stars because it had many nice features but in good conscience to other travelers I can only manage 3 stars. All resorts are cost conscious and they charge for their services. This resort managed to charge for breathing.
The resort does not have washers and dryers in the units. They provide towel exchange service. Each floor has two washers and two dryers. It is very difficult to get a turn at the very busy washers and to top it off, unlike other resorts I have stayed in, they charge to use the machines.
The 8 beautiful empty tennis courts were yours to use at a rate of $5.00 per person per hour. I have never been to a resort that charged for tennis courts.
They required a deposit of $25.00 to use their old, worn out basketball.
By far the most irritating thing they did was their wifi policy. The resort provided wifi but charged you $50.00 per week to use wifi or you could pay by the day or hour. Down the street Howard Johnson's which is a $35.00 a night establishment offers free wifi. To make up for this failing they had a computer room with 8 computers that you could use for up to 15 minutes before they automatically shut down. There was always a line out the door with frustrated people who just wanted to check their email.
The resort was also in the middle of nowhere and difficult to get to attractions.
These shortcomings made it difficult to see the many good points of the resort. It was very clean and the staff was helpful and very courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the famous South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston, lies a vacationer's dream at Vacation Village at Weston Resort. Indulge in spacious one-and two-bedroom suites with amenities like private Jacuzzi tubs, kitchens, and living and dining areas. Resort amenities include a heated, outdoor pool and relaxing outdoor whirlpool. Poolside activities, barbecue facilities and more also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vacation Village at Weston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Weston Hotel Weston
- Weston Vacation Village
- Vacation Village Weston Bonaventure
- Vacation Village Weston Florida