“great service”

Vacation Village at Weston
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The room and breakfast were wonderful, they only thing holding me back from higher rating is the fact that the pool was getting resurfaced and we pick hotels based on pool availability for the kids. Otherwise it was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Weston. We’re constantly improving our services and amenities at the resort and we apologize that one our renovation projects left you disappointed. We’re thankful that you did enjoy all the other aspects of your vacation with us and we hope to share our hospitality with your family again in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Today I was visiting with my grandparents who I have not seen in about six years at the Weston, fl location. They had a suite with two adjoining rooms. My two little sisters who are nine and ten years old were also accompanying us. I am eight months pregnant. The previous night it had been storming and the rain water played a part on the temperature of the hot tub so I was in luck. It seemed to be at the pools temperature but with jets. We all four got into the hot tub and began visiting. Ten minutes later we were approached by a man with a pool net asking if I was pregnant, when I replied yes he told me that I needed to be careful being in the hot tub. I thanked him for his concern and I explained to him that I knew my body and my limits in any situation. Five minutes passed and he approached again, this time reading the caution sign out loud and making not only my family but the people around me very uncomfortable. I explained to him that I am having a very regular pregnancy with no complications and although I appreciate his concern, it's none of his business and he was starting to worry my little sisters. He then went to badger my elderly grandmother telling her I was going to miscarry and she needed to tell me to get out. He finally left, but only to get the front desk manager and another manager, both women. They came over to me and told me that I was breaking their policy and that I needed to get out of the hot tub. I felt embarrassed and victimized. Especially because the water was no warmer than the pool water. They didn't leave me alone until my sisters were both in tears because they thought I was trying to harm my baby!!! Everyone in the hot tub felt very uncomfortable and exited the hot tub as well as myself. This scene was uncalled for and I am sure it is not allowed legally. I was left feeling hurt and embarrassed the rest of my time at the pool area. I also had to explain to my little sisters that everything is fine with the baby and that he did not pass away. They overheard the first pool attendant talking to my grandmother. I am disgusted by this whole event.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank User1218

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that you felt embarrassed and victimized but the involvement from the staff was simply out of concern for you and from a liability standpoint for the Resort and company. Our pool attendants are there to enforce the rules and regulations pertaining to the State of Florida Health Department. Signage of these rules and regulations are visible within four feet of the hot tub. We regret that this incident has left a negative impression of our services with you. We hope that you will consider our resort for your future travel needs so that we may have another opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a one bedroom condo with a full kitchen and jetted tub. The room was clean but the furnishings were very dated. The bed was comfortable and the outside patio was nice. The pool was beautiful, clean and the perfect temperature. We really enjoyed the pool! We really have no complaints about our room, other than it being dated.

We have one major complaint about this hotel, though...the timeshare sales personel! The check in process for this hotel was quick and went smoothly UNTIL we were sent to another desk in the reception area to get a permit for parking our car on the property. Once we got to this other desk we were told that there was an appreciation meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner - your choice) for timeshare/RCI owners and that if we would tour a remodelled property and complete a survey on the property we would be given a gift, such as a gift card, parasailling, snorkeling, etc... Being a bit naive, we went ahead and signed up thinking it would only take an hour or so. The only day we had free to do this was on my husband's 50th birthday, but he wanted to do it so we gave them the $20 to hold our reservation (refundable after the meal). We chose the lunch buffet. THIS WAS ALL LIES AND MANIPULATION!! After viewing the property we had agreed to do the survey on, they took us to another area and started in with the sales pitch. MANY, MANY times we told them that it was my husband's birthday and we wanted to go do some fun things in celebration... we're not interested in buying anything as we already own a timeshare and that we had never been informed that there would be a lengthy sales presentation. 3 1/2 HOURS later, yes 3 1/2 HOURS later they finally returned our $20 and gave us our "gift". It was an absolutely horrible way to spend my husband's 50th birthday and they didn't care whatsoever! We were there from 12:30 to 4:00. We would have just walked out, but there was no way we were letting them keep our $20! Not much $$, I know, but we were not going to pay them for ruining our day. They knew that the reason we were even in Florida was for my husband's birthday! These are very manipulative, uncaring people.
Beware of the sales people if you plan to stay at this hotel! They can ruin your entire stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank penneb
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations during your vacation. Our resort is a timeshare property and we offer guests the opportunity to attend a presentation. Guests may join us for breakfast or lunch, and review the resort so that they may learn about our property and exclusive services. The presentation isn’t mandatory but many choose to go and find their time well spent learning about the benefits of timeshare. A deposit is required to reserve this appointment and the terms for attendance written on the receipt that guests acknowledge. We always strive to provide a great vacation experience and most of the time we’re successful. Although ownership at our resort may not be a viable option for you, we hope that we may be able to welcome you back to Weston as a guest in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband recently spent five days at the Weston to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. We had a one bedroom condo and although it was dated it was very clean, spacious and efficient. The grounds were very well groomed and the pool area was inviting. The staff was very friendly, but the salesmen were overly anxious to make a sale, plenty of parking. The location was a approximately 25 minutes from downtown Fort Lauderdale and the beach. We visited Las Olas' restaurants and shops, Hard Rock Casino, AirBoat Eco at Sawgrass Recreation Park were all very entertaining and a must! Deerfield Beach area was wonderful, little far but worth it. My only disappointment was the evening cruise on the Serenity Yacht Charter, they advertise a dinner cruise - dinner was horrible - you could tell that it was made by one of the crew members.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryFrances C

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of Vacation Village at Weston. We are honored that you chose our resort for such an important milestone in your life. Congratulations on your 42nd anniversary, and hopefully you’ll consider our hospitality again for next year’s celebration!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are owners at VV@ Weston and decided to use an extra vacation for a Memorial Day weekend getaway. We had not been there in about 5 years. We were aware that we were to stay in a 'B' unit.
I was concerned about staying in a smaller unit, as my previous experience with such a unit was in a small space with dark living and kitchen area.
I was pleased with my B unit during this visit.
We stayed in the Osprey. I liked staying there as it was close to the Weston pool, where all the events were. The B unit there also had a balcony and a layout that offered more air and light than the previous B.
In general, the unit was clean. I am very picky about bathroom cleaning, and I would have preferred to have a toilet with a cleaner, brighter appearance (seemed stained inside).
The activities were great! There was a big pool party on Memorial Day with music, food, dancing and games.
There were regularly scheduled activities on other days. We actually won Bingo twice. There is a great little Italian food outlet near poolside. There is also a great smoothie bar with delicious Mango smoothies. It was very easy to spend the entire day relaxing at the pool with everything there.
I wanted to ignore our commitments for the rest of this week, change our flight reservations and complete our reserved time in Osprey. Unfortunately, duty called.
We were very pleased with our extra vacation at Weston this weekend. It was a pleasure to return to familiar surroundings and to see that it is so well managed and maintained.
I look forward to returning to VV at Weston .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Weston. We love hearing from our owners, especially when they tell us they have enjoyed their time at our resort. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed our many amenities, like our poolside smoothie bar and planned guest activities. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing (hopefully longer!) vacation in Weston.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the second time I visit this hotel and love it. The grounds and rooms/suites are extremely clean and very well maintained. The employees are very helpful and courteous. The pool area is also very well maintain and they have daily activities. The kitchenettes are stocked with pans/dishes and the necessities if you don't want to leave the hotel for a restaurant. The beds and pillows are the best I've slept on. I want to know where I can find the pillows. Extremely comfortable. Best sleep I've gotten in any hotel. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for your 5-star review! Your review has been forwarded to the resort’s management so that they may share your comments with the rest of the team. We’re sure your compliments will give them a morale boost for quite awhile! We appreciate that you entrusted Vacation Village at Weston for your vacation and we look forward to sharing our friendly hospitality with you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stay one week over there. Nice, clean and spacious place. Pool is clean. Hot pull is bigger.I have never seen a big hot pull like this size. Love the space.
Just they need to give more training to staff members.Because they have shuttle service but when I asked employee he said no. We walk 5 miles to find stuff. Just one suggestion.
I strongly recommend this place. Close to Miami and other beaches.

Room Tip: East side room has nice view.