“Great rooms and great service”

Vacation Village at Weston
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Weston
CT
“Great rooms and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I like this resort. They setup a great vacation spot in a quiet location. Nice waterfall pool. The rooms are big and up to date. They offer a theme everyday apartheid pool everyday. Wether, it is free hotdogs or free hamburgers or ever milkshakes. They run multiple excursions from the main building..

• Stayed August 2013
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of Vacation Village at Weston. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your room and our resort amenities during your vacation. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We booked at this "resort" because of the pool and because the rooms looked decent. Be aware that many of the buildings are more than a mile from that nice pool. Our room was in an old, rundown building nowhere near the amenities shown prominently on their website. Our room was a one bedroom and completely depressing. The only natural light was from the window in the bedroom, which you had to keep closed if you wanted any privacy from the adjacent building.
But it got worse. I have never been in a hotel where the bed linens were so filthy. I had to call up for new ones and 5 sets of sheets later, I found some that didn't have either stains or holes (I have posted pictures). The pillows were even worse -- lumpy because all the filling had completely broken down. The front desk told me all their pillows were the same.
In the pack of information they give you at check in, they request that before you post a "less than 5 star review" you talk to a manager. I waited for 45 minutes until I could speak to him (there were quite a few others with issues to report that morning.) I showed him the pictures, he agreed it was bad, said he would take care of it while we were out for the day, and then he did nothing.
We exchanged our RCI Gold Crown for this dump, so I called them to see if they could help. They couldn't get anywhere with them either.
I've never been happier to go home after a vacation. Simply the worst place I've every stayed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank kmw1966
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We take great pride in our resort and we’re constantly striving to exceed our guest’s expectations. When we fall short we share in the disappointment. We’re very sorry for the issues you had during your vacation and your comments have been sent to our management team so that they may be addressed. We regret that we’ve left a negative impression of our services and we hope that this unfortunate experience does not deter you from visiting the city of Weston in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Having stayed in a Vacation Village property in Kissimmee, FL before, I was expecting the same quality in Weston, also partially based on the RCI website pictures. First impression: update of one-bedroom unit is essential to improve the appearance of quality, now lacking. Second, but cannot be corrected so easily: the only window in the unit is in the bedroom; thus, the kitchen/living-room area feels like a cell on cell block. (I admit I have never been in a real cell.) I also missed a balcony, but that goes hand in hand with the fact that the only window is in the bedroom. Also, most of the personnel we encountered spoke very poor English. The biggest problem: we were advised by flyer under the door that the water would be closed off on Wednesday from 5 pm to 10 am (the following day). I called the desk to ask if this could be correct. This was confirmed with a story that it was due to the City of Weston. 10 am on Wednesday my husband steps into the shower: NO WATER! I called the front desk again and was told that they were sorry but it was an error in the flyer. This was not correct by a second flyer, I should add. All in all, I would not recommend this property.

Room Tip: Do not accept the B Unit, as it has not windows in the living-room. It also has no balcony. Kitchen...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Heide18
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your comments of our performance are appreciated because it helps us decide what areas need care. We regret that your accommodations and our service were not what you expected, but we hope you reconsider and allow us another opportunity to host your next visit to Weston so that we can deliver the type of vacation experience that you and others travelers expect of all of the Vacation Village Resort properties.
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

More of an apartment with a pool than a resort. We were disappointed that our unit, for which we had exchanged an RCI Gold Crown 2-bedroom unit, had only a double bed, no balcony, no patio, only a small window which looked over a parking lot. We made the resort management and RCI aware of our dissatisfaction upon check-in, but nothing was done. We would have been better off in a low-end motel. I would not return nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: best avoided
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank BW100
Thank you for your comments, we’re sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. Many choose our resort because of our upscale location within the South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston. Our condominium-style resort offers a multitude of amenities with maximum privacy for many satisfied guests through the years. It is unfortunate that you resolved not to stay with us again but we hope your experience doesn’t deter you from visiting our lovely city in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I looked at the reviews and did notice above average complaints about the front desk staff and BED BUGS!! Well I should have believed what the reviews said!! The grounds and common areas were clean ! They had the smell of pine cleaner ! Actually over kill with pine cleaner,as if they were trying to hide something ! Well they were ! I lifted the couch and found not only bed bugs and the tell tale markings and shed skin! Under the bed room bed there was bottles of vodka . I had to destroy all of my luggage spend two days continually washing my clothes and destroy and replace my wives expensive bags! I have a 6 year old boy that we had to convince the issue was a leak so he wouldn't have nightmares! It took the staff almost 24 hrs to move us to a room 3 buildings away from the pool and directly on the highway! They were the rudest most unprofessional team of managers I have ever dealt with!! To make all matters worse the exterminator demanded that the room get shut of from serviced tested for parasites and totally stripped! WHILE MOVING I SAW THE STAFF PLACE A NEW BED WITHOUT DOING ANY TESTING OR CLEANING ! BASICALLY SETTING UP THE NEXT FAMILY FOR A NIGHTMARE VACATION !

Stayed February 2014
8 Thank Joe G
We’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately no hotel or resort is immune to a bed bug infestation, but we do have a policy in place that we follow on those rare occurrences when an issue has been reported. We’re not professionals in the pest control industry and do not assume an infestation is present until verified by a licensed exterminator. A professional pest control company was called in to inspect the rooms and after a thorough investigation it was reported that there were no bed bugs found in either unit. You didn’t agree with the exterminator’s report so out of hospitality we relocated you to another room so that you would be more comfortable for the remainder of your vacation. Though this type of issue is very unusual at our resort we find that even one complaint is too many and we regret that you now have such a negative impression of us. We’re disappointed that we couldn’t provide you with a great vacation experience and we hope your next trip to Weston is more enjoyable.
New Ulm, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Good value for what we paid for it. Maybe some of the TVs on the property are outdated, but we were too busy to watch much TV anyway. Spent three enjoyable weeks at the Osprey sharing a lock-out (two complete units) with friends, watching the weather reports for most of the rest of the country experiencing TERRIBLE weather, including highs of 34 below zero - real temperature - not wind chill, back home. "Free" breakfast or lunch with someone trying to sell as a timeshare, but we really weren't high pressured and got a $100 card for Olive Garden or Red Lobster.Had access to several of the pools in the Weston properties. The close hot tub was large, but not all that hot and half the jets weren't working. We liked the hot tubs at the Heron or Mizner pools better. Activities at any of the Weston properties were available to us so we had free muffins, orange juice and coffee Sunday AND Monday, and inexpensive hot dogs/hamburgers, chips and lemonade Wednesday AND Thursday. Enjoyed the free Thursday night movies that included pop and popcorn. Didn't like paying $25/week extra for the Internet or $2/load to wash and $2/load to dry laundry. Location is good, but the town is very hard to figure out - all the streets look alike. Best activities - the yellow water taxis in nearby Ft. Lauderdale - all day on and off for under $20, close parking all day for $5 and the movie theater in nearby Tamarac - 5 screens, all movies $4 except on Tuesday when it is $2 (but get there early because the theater for popular movies fills up completely, but you still have several other movies to choose from. Groceries at Target in the Sawgrass Mall are much more reasonable than at Publix.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudyMK
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with Vacation Village at Weston. We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the value we offer our guests. We hope we can share our hospitality with you the next time you want a relaxing Florida vacation.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I made a reservation with them 1 year prior to my arrival (yes ONE year). This was my 100% go-to place in Weston.
I bought an A and a B room ( total capacity of 8 people).
After a 9 hour flight from Chile, I arrived and they didn't have my room. They offered 2 B suites (smaller than what I bought) next to each other. We came as a family, we cant have separate rooms. After talking to the manager, she answered saying that happened to 6 more families and if I didn't like it, just leave.
So I did, but I was going to get penalized with all the money I payed because of Booking system.
I'm still trying to fix it with them.
Not the way to go. I was a loyal customer coming every year (for 10 years).
After this, would NOT recommend. A total scam.
0/10

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Mauriciolopezs
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re very sorry that we couldn’t provide you with the same excellent vacation this visit as we have provided so many times in the past. February is one of the busiest months of travel for us. We unexpectedly had to shut down several units for repair due to an unfortunate water leak in one of the buildings. We’re working very diligently to repair these units and are trying to accommodate as many guests as we can with the best possible arrangements. You wanted to go to a different hotel and requested a refund, which we immediately issued. We regret that you now have a negative impression of us and our service. We hope you will reconsider and return and stay with us again so that we may have another opportunity to provide you with an excellent vacation as we have done for so many years.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise

Been to Vacation Village at Weston? Share your experiences!