“Awesome and compassionate” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Grand Cayman
“Awesome and compassionate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My mom had medical appointments at Cleveland Clinic. Our arrival time to the Ft. Lauderdale area was 11 AM but her appointment was not until later. I called another hotel in the area to inquire about early check in and they did not even pretend to be interested in my mother's needs and said they couldn't help me. From the first call to Comfort Suites Weston, the staff were compassionate and went more than the extra mile to cater to our specific needs. Clifton and the other front desk staff were sensitive and compassionate throughout the entire visit. The shuttle service to and from Cleveland Clinic is so reliable that it eliminated the need for a rental car to make trips back and forth to the hospital. I got an urgent call one day saying that I needed to come quickly to my mom as they had concerns about her. I went to the front desk to ask them to call a cab. They could tell something was wrong just by looking at me and they called the shuttle driver to bring me to the hospital even though it was outside scheduled service time. They didn't ask any questions - only responded quickly as they knew I was in need. They have allowed us to pay a few nights at a time as we are unsure of our length of stay. They even said if I have to remain at the hospital and cannot make it back to pay for extra nights that they will take care of the payment night by night on my credit card and I wouldn't have to worry about loosing the room. That eliminated having to leave my mom's side to have to take care of arrangements there. From the first call for early check in which was honoured right up to going the extra mile when we are in need, Comfort Suites Weston was there. I would recommend that anyone who has appointments at hospitals in the area stay at this hotel. The staff seem to understand and sympathize sensitively with the needs of the patient and their family. So appreciative of all they do. They made it possible for me to concentrate on helping my mother get better. Thank you Comfort Suites Weston.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CaymanianCarol
weston954, Manager at Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear CaymanianCarol,

Your wonderful comments are greatly appreciated! We certainly take pride in the customer service that we provide, and are delighted to hear that exceeded your expectations!

We will definitely share your comments with our staff as encouragement to keep up the good work!

Should you ever need to return to the area, we would be glad to have you stay with us again!

Warmest regards,
Crystal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Finnish first
Frederiksted, St. Croix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was recently taken to Cleveland Clinic for an emergency from the Virgin Islands. When we got to the hotel, we had no idea how long we would be there. I think we had three nights. As time went on and I was admitted, Crystal worked wonders at a time when they were sold out, to let us keep our room so my husband would be able to stay close by and I would have a place to stay when I was discharged. We ended up staying for two weeks. The rooms are very clean, the beds are wonderful, the room is bright and the small kitchen makes possible to eat in the room instead of needing to go out every night. I can't say enough how helpful this was to us in a time of crisis. It was our home for those weeks and we would stay there again in a minute. The staff should be commended on the care and consideration they give to families who have patients in the hospital nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
weston954, Manager at Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Laurie L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review of our property!

It is great to hear of your appreciation of our team, as well as our facilities! We will be sure to share your comments with all of our staff , as it is a constant reminder of why we strive to provide the best customer service as possible on a daily basis.

It was certainly our pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to have you return under different circumstances in the future!

Warmest Regards,
Crystal & the Comfort Suites Team!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Rooms were clean, upon entry felt a bit muggy but I turned down a/c & sprayed Lysol all over & it was fine by the time we got back from dinner. There were 2 ladies at check in, one older (reddish dyed long hair)and she was very rude engaging the younger one in conversation about some other customer's issues, who was trying her best to check us in quickly. She knew it too, bc she kept apologizing for the other's behavior. She did provide us with a great booklet/map of area restaurants, shopping. My only gripe in the bathroom was the showerhead. AWFUL. I'm so glad I decided not to wash my hair bc I would have been in there forever trying to rinse the shampoo out. I stayed in 204, so not sure if this is the case in all bathrooms. Slept through breakfast so no comment there.Gladys checked us out & she was extremely pleasant!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Rhinolady,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor!

We are glad that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facility is conveniently located near your destination of the BB&T Center. However, we do apologize to hear of the issues you had experienced upon check-in, as well as with our shower-head/water pressure.

We take every review, whether good or bad very seriously, as it helps us to improve our services. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff, and address the areas of concern that you have mentioned.

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to review our property and bringing this to our attention. We also hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise out of Port Everglades. We had driven in from Ohio so needed someplace to stay the night before departing. Very easy to get to port from this location but not as expensive as closer places. The room was very nice. The lady at the front desk was not unfriendly but could have been more friendly. A couple restaurants that were close enough to walk to which we enjoyed walking in the nice weather and after travelling for many hours in the car. It is hard to find being tucked back in off of the road. Would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear 2806Ohio,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor!

We are certainly glad to hear that our accommodations fit the needs of you and your family before leaving for your cruise! We will be sure to share your comments with all of our staff, because reviews such as yours helps us to encourage our team to continue striving for excellence!

Thank you again for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor, your review is GREATLY appreciated!

manager
Holiday, Fl.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This facility has smaller rooms than other Comfort Suites we have staved at, however, it is an excellent facility. Clean rooms, great bed and pillows, utensils in the kitchen are. The front desk staff was very helpfull. The breakfast was the standard for this motel chain.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom B,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We value such positive feedback, as it helps to encourage our team to continue providing the best customer service possible!

We thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future!

Regards,
Audubon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel was nicely positioned for an overnight stay while we were visiting the Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area. The room was clean and nicely furnished, and the complimentary breakfast was pretty decent. Our only complaint was that the bathroom setup, with the sink and vanity located outside the bathroom itself, wasn't our favorite arrangement.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jalerock,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property here on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our newly remodeled suites to be nicely furnished! We take pride in our facility and appreciate your comments!

We look forward to having you back in the future, should you need to return to our area!

Thank you again for your time, and for staying with us!

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Suites in Weston. Upon check-in late on Friday night/Saturday morning we found out that our reservation had been canceled. This was because our bank said that our credit card was compromised and they gave us a new card. I did not even think about changing it with the hotel, so it declined upon authorization & they canceled our reservation @ 11pm. My only comment about this is that I called at 7pm to let the hotel know that our flight had been delayed and that we would be arriving after 11pm. I think in the future perhaps they can call the guest to get a different CC # under those circumstances before canceling on a sold out night. I digress....Crystal (the Sales Manager) and Frank (the night auditor) worked magic and were able to keep us in a room for the 3 nights we had originally booked. I really appreciate their awesome customer service. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms were clean. The beds are amazingly comfortable and have convinced my husband that we need a new mattress!The staff was very friendly and courteous. The breakfast is a typical Comfort Suites breakfast and it was keep well stocked. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in the area (we travel here at least twice a year). Thanks so much again to Crystal & Frank!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Crystal C,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review on TripAdvisor!

We are sorry to hear of the issues concerning your reservation guarantee and issues upon check-in, however we are certainly pleased to hear that in the end your inconvenience was resolved both quickly and professionally!

It is always our pleasure to help assist our guests in every way that we can, as we strive to give the best customer service possible! In a situation like yours, we are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations in every way!

Thank you again for taking the time to review us! We will be sure to share your comments with our team, and hope to have you return with us in the future!

Warmest Regards,
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise

Been to Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South? Share your experiences!