“One of the better Residence Inns we've stayed at”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Rooms were clean - and no "Florida Moldy Smell", staff very nice, beds better than most Residence Inn's, grounds nice. We were a little skeptical since this was one of the cheaper priced Marriott's in the area - which usually means an old outdated not maintained hotel. They have a free shuttle to Cleveland Clinic and is about a half a mile from I-75.

Room Tip: Rooms facing North have a lake view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Wonderful to hear of your most recent experience at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale - Weston. The complimentary shuttle servicing Cleveland Clinic is a recent addition to our extensive list of amenities and I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of this new service. Thanks for the feedback on our staff. I am very fortunate to work with some very talented individuals who truly understand what superior customer service is all about. Please be sure to contact us again should your travels take you to the Weston area in the future. It was a pleasure to have you here with us.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am a sales manager and travel for a living. I am currently at the Residence Inn getting ready to check out later today after a 3 week stay here. I was here for a surgery and brought my family down while i recouped from it. This staff from top to bottom treated my family like their own. While I was fighting for my life they went out of their way to knock themselves out to make my family feel welcomed and taken care of. I woud like to single some of them out, but honestly everyone from the staff who put together the immaculate breakfasts to the front desk, to housecleaning, couldnt have been more helpful or been more accomadating. Money was not an issure and was willing to move my family to the best hotel in the area, when my wife refused to even think about it because she was so happy, it was such a peace of mind. The front desk helped me with cab rides to the airport, dinner arrangements, etc, and never once did i feel like it was a play for a gratuity. Who ever the Manager of this property is, needs to write a book on hiring and training hotel staff. The rooms are extremely clean and bed comfortable as can be. You owe it to yourself to try this place out!!!! Billy Simmons

Room Tip: i preferred the lower floor just due to my mobility
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words...most importantly we are thrilled to hear that you are doing well and on the road to recovery. People like yourself are the reason we come to work everyday and love our jobs.

Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to having you back here with us again in the future. Stay well!!

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night all 4 of us, my husband and I and 2 grown children, and my daughter and I will be staying 3 nights again later. They upgraded us at no charge to a 2-room suite on arrival! Huge room! Full Kitchen, 2 separate private BRs opposite sides of Living area, with their own baths, making getting ready in the morning easy. Sink and big closet area with full mirrors between toilet/shower area and BR, very nice.
Plus sofa bed, so son and daughter had a bed to sleep in and their own space.
Only negatives: Space was so limited around bed, it made it almost impossible to have suitcase in bedroom! Access to outlets was a bit difficult in BR, too. On arrival, at night, no place to pull up and go in briefly to register and bring in suitcases. Also, a very little thing, but elevator made a loud ca-clunk, making you wonder if you were going to get stuck in it:) All that said, I'm looking forward to staying there again!
Attentive, helpful, friendly staff. Even can make a grocery list, submit it in morning and have delivered by 6:30 pm!

• Stayed: February 2014
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

So happy to hear about your positive experiences at the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale/Weston. Thanks for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor Community. Your feedback is a valuable tool and it helps us get even better. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.

Warmest regards,
Chris Powers - GM

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed with my family (children 10 and 4) during Christmas time which usually is very expensive. I got a great deal for 7 days in a suite with Kitchen. And for my surprise the hotel offered a complimentary pass for free to the Weston Athletic center which is a fantastic upscale health club!. Across the street there is another gas station which has a great Venezuelan Bakery were you can eat and the food is fantastic.
They also offer a breakfast buffet that is very decent. Location is great, next to the hotel there is a gas station and a great fast food chicken place.
Staff was very friendly, room clean. The only con is that the sofa bed is extremely uncomfortable so we had to request a extra bed for my son, which made the room feel crowed

Room Tip: We choose a room that was next to the stairs to exit the building and that made it less noisy and ve...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you here with us and we are thrilled to know that you appreciate the value that Residence Inn provides for travelers. We hope to see you again should you be traveling to the Weston area in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel is located in a quiet area pretty close to variety of places including the outlet mall. Rooms are a bit small and they are showing some age. The refrigerator was dented and the cabinets were a bit worn out.
The breakfast is great and good selection for our family. The pool is nice and hot tub was also a bonus. The laundry area is clean but you have to get tokens from the front desk before using the machines.
Did not like the smell of smoke right outside the doorways when entering and exiting the hotel. Also the space in the bath room can be too tight if more than one person staying there, for our family of four it was way too small.
We tried to get a 2 bed room but was told they were sold out.
Close to 75 and downtown Weston.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is a valuable tool in helping us get better. We greatly appreciate your remarks and we will work hard to address all of your concerns. I do agree that a Two Bedroom Suite would have been the perfect solution to your space concerns and I do apologize that we were overoccupied in that particular room type. Thanks again for your time and most of all your consideration in selecting Residence Inn to be your home away from home.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast buffet has many choices such as fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits. The "happy hour" appetizers and complimentary beer and wine is a pleasant touch. The overall atmosphere is warm and welcoming due to the friendliness of the entire staff. We have stayed here four times during our visits to the Cleveland Clinic and I highly recommend the hotel. The spaciousness of the rooms allows for a homey feeling. I really enjoy staying here. It is almost like being at home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Judy M.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay with us. Your comments serve as motivation for me and my team to always provide the most memorable experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.

Warmest regards,
Chris Powers

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many nights and first let me say the staff are amazing. Goes extra mile to help guests request regardless how small or crazy, made our lengthy and often heart breaking stay so far away from home feel like home.
The hotel itself is somewhat old, house keepers do great job but wear and tear is shown everywhere, keep in mind this is natural in Florida.
Pool is small, also fitness center only has couple cardio machines, not what you'd expect for long stay type hotel.
Parking could be also challenge, couldn't park within the lot once after late night meeting in Miami. Also when it rains (like everyday in fl), the lot flood like crazy and you need a boat to make across the lot to hotel.
But don't be discouraged with all little things, this is a nice little long stay hotel hard to find in weston area that offered great customer service and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: September 2013
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback as it is very useful in helping us become better. The hotel has taken considerable steps to address some of the concerns that you have mentioned. For example the hotel has partnered with a nearby (.5 miles away) full service fitness center that is available to all hotel guests regardless of length of stay to enjoy as frequently as they like at no cost to them. On rare occasions our parking lot may become filled, however we have secured additional parking at a neighboring corporate park directly behind the hotel that provided plenty of alternative space if needed. Parking lot flooding is not something uncommon to South Florida, but we feel we have come up with a solid solution that will aid us in the future and help us avoid the problem moving forward.
Again, your feedback is critical to our success and we welcome it always. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for the wonderful praise of our staff. We are fortunate to have them all!!

Regards and Happy New Year to you!!
Chris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
1 mi away
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
5 mi away
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!