“A hairy situation”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed June 19, 2012

It was our first time staying here. We go to the hotel early (around 11 am) and we were able to check in right away. The Front Desk clerk was very friendly and the check in was very fast...
The location of the hotel is good if you are renting a car, otherwise there is nothing close to it.
As a plus is very close to Sawgrass Mills and the parking is free :)
The only reason why I am giving a 2 is because the cleanliness in the room. We got to the room and it looked clean, however in the bathroom we found several hairs in the tub, in the shower curtain and in the bathroom walls.
While I know hairs are very hard to get rid of, it looked ike the housekeeper didn't even care to make sure the bathroom was clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ichaves25
Randal P, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate the feedback very much. I am glad that our staff took such good care of you while you were here, with the exception of the bathroom of course. This is very unusual as you can tell from all the other comments, but we have addressed the issue and are confident that it will not recur.

Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, comfortable bed and great hot breakfast. It was perfect. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate nights as a bookend to a wedding trip in Orlando. On both nights, the staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was clean and spacious. There are plenty of great restaurants in the area, most within a few minutes by car. The beds were comfortable and the room was what I'd expect from a proper Marriott. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. When we checked in for the second night at the end of the trip, the staff welcomed us back to the hotel and asked how the rest of our trip had been. As a whole week had passed since we were there last, I was impressed by this.

I will admit that the internet in the hotel was slow and almost pointless to use. The 4G on my phone is leaps and bounds faster. If you're printing out boarding passes in the hotel lobby, make sure you give yourself about 10 minutes to complete the job.

All things considered, I really have no serious gripes with this hotel. I feel that it's a typical example of what any hotel in the Marriott chain should be. The next time I'm in Weston, I will absolutely stay here.

Room Tip: The west side of the hotel has great views if you're on a higher floor. Unfortunately, the elev...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrBroots
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hotel was clean, nicely decorated. Located in a very nice area, lots of walking trail, parks. Would stay again. Check in was 3:00 but we were able to check in by 11:30

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rustydog1
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The visit here was for business so this hotel had a preferred rate with my client. We got in very late at night and was given a room. It wasn't until I was ready to go to bed that when I pulled the sheets there were brown strands of something. I didn't think it was hair. I think it was from a brown brush. They were tiny bits that I think have fallen out and I did see other small pieces of hair. It wasn't all over the bed and i was extremely tired so I used a towel with a bit of water and brushed it off myself. I was only staying for two nights and it was late at night so I didn't want to move my stuff. The bed was soft on one side so for those who don't like extremely soft beds....this may not be good for you. My room had an air conditioner that was like a little engine. Probably because I'm a bad sleeper but my co-worker agreed that in her room it was a little bit louder than other hotels that she has stayed at. The washroom could use a bit a work. It's a bit older...I get it. The bathtub/shower ... take a look at the picture. Enough said. Needs better attention to detail.

The thing that I got annoyed at was in the morning I walked by the front desk to get a newspaper and head to the dining room for breakfast. I'm sure it was the manager at the desk because his shirt was a different color. No "good morning". No smile. Nothing. He just glared at me from the corner of his eyes. I was thinking "what the heck?". So I looked at him and said "good morning". No response. He didn't even bother looking at me this time. Nice. At least the worker checking me out was a 10x better. I think he should be the manager...at least he pays attention to guests at the hotel.

Overall ... a place to sleep. Breakfast was ok. The guy cooking the omelet was very friendly. Other than that...if it wasn't for business purposes...I probably wouldn't stay here.

Room Tip: Check the bed first. Pull the sheets up and make sure it's clean before sleeping on it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2012

While planning our vacation to Southern Florida - we were a little nervous about what to expect. This Courtyard was in a safe location and was clean. Although, it seemed extremely busy in the lobby with people - it was quiet when you were in your room. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Well, after having to deal with some schedule changes in our vacation we needed to find an affordable hotel in Miami-Fort Lauderdale area for the beggining of March, only for three days. It happens that we started to search for hotels the day before, so all the hotels we are used to stay were very expensive (Fairfield Inn at Miami Airport South was 219 bucks a day!!!). Fortunately we found this hotel in Weston, a lovely small town by the Everglades, and close to the Sawgrass Mills Mall, at a rather decent price (159 bucks a night).
The location is excellent, very quiet neighborhood (actually a commercial street, but very quiet). Real close you´ll some nice restaurants (Flanigan´s is very good!). We didn´t need to bother with parking spaces, there were plenty.
The breakfast was amazing, a chef was preparing omelets and eggs at request, there was also bacon, sausages, hamburger patties, scrambled eggs, juices, bagels, muffins, three kinds of milk and cereals.
The gym room was small, but I could do my workout all right. There is a nice pool and a hot tub also, although I never used them.
The rooms were quite large, comfy beds, just lovely.
The only problem I found came when I needed to print boarding passes. The computer reserved for that is awfully slow, it took me about half an hour to print the passes.
I would definitely stay here again as Weston is a very small charming town, with lots of trees, lakes, all very clean and beautiful. Must be a great place to live.

Room Tip: There´s an interstate that runs on the back of the hotel, but I didn´t really hear any noises.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Vacation Village at Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!