“Glad we chose this hotel”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We booked a hotel at a different establishment. When we arrived there, we were disappointed, so we booked this hotel. To our amazement, it was EXTREMELY nice. It is a little difficult to find at first, but we were so happy we did. The rooms are spacious, clean, and beautiful. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is great, and I feel that we're in a safe neighborhood. As other guests have indicated, the internet speed is poor and you will need a car to get around. You WILL feel safe, and you WILL sleep well. I'm very glad we made the switch.

Room Tip: Be sure to have a vehicle so you are able to get out and see the city
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Xavien P

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We've stayed in Weston every year for the past several years at the Weston Vacation Village and never knew the Marriott Courtyard existed. Reason we ended up here is because we were going on a cruise before moving to the Vacation Village. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Check -in was fast. It was a bit difficult to find the hotel as it's hidden in an office complex. But, you do see it from the main road. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the entrance, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lochfyne
Reviewed March 1, 2012

You will need a car to get around , but definately worth it. There are 6 floors and plenty of space. The pool is clean and relatively warm. Noone seems to use it so enjoy! There are plenty of strip malls with restaurants and shopping if you need anything.

Room Tip: Do not get a connecting room as you can hear through the closed door.
Reviewed February 22, 2012

spacious room, modern decor and conveniences, quiet location close to highway, very comfortable beds.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My son and I took a trip to see the Miami Heat game from St. Pete, FL and stayed at this hotel near Alligator Alley to break the drive up a bit. It was very clean and family friendly. The room was great (beds were perfect) and the staff was helpful in giving directions. The breakfast buffet was good too. There are a couple restaurants nearby that are good for a quick bite.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Marriott always does hotels right, and generally this one is no different. But I need internet to do my business; this one advertised free wireless internet, so I booked (should have read Trip-advisor past reviews complaining about it first). After scratching my head on no wireless capabilities I ran speedtest.net which resulted in 1/10 an average CELL speed (that's 1/100th normal wireless. Latency was over 1400.

Front desk referred me to iBAHN wireless; opened a ticket. After 2 hours the wireless was at cell phone speed. Next morning wireless was again back to 1/10 cell speed. Opened 2nd ticket. Grilled the technician. Found out their SLA with Courtyard is to only provide cell phone equivalent. Courtyard - shame on you for advertising "high speed" wireless.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Randal P, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for the review. We have since upgraded our Internet Bandwidth. We now boast 50MB of speed!!!!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Found this hotel & decided to book... It looked nice & seemed to be in a nice area. Hotel & staff were what I expected with a couple of exceptions... First the bad things... Carpets on our floor (6th) are really dirty. Lots of big dirty spots throughout the whole floor. The Internet is terribly slow. It rivals a 14.4k modem in how slow it is.

The good things trump the bad forsure! We had a soaking wet floor due to a leaking AC unit. Some of our luggage was soaked (including clothes). The staff went well beyond of what I expected and took care of me. The hot tub was... Hot! While some people might say this is a bad thing, I loved it. It was well over 110f. We just got off a cruise in which the hot tubs were at 98f.

I would be happy to say here again the next time I find myself in Weston!

• Stayed: February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
1 mi away
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!