All reviewsvacation villagefull kitchenheron iihot tubregistration buildingfort lauderdalegolf coursemain buildingone bedroom unitmain poolwalk in showerkiddie poolliving areasouth floridatimeshare ownerssawgrass mills mallkey west
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Booking in was quite easy. It would have been useful to know where the room blocks were before booking and requesting a suitable one before arriving if possible. We were charged an extra 20 dollars for refreshments at the poolside for the week. This gave us coffee and soft drinks around the pool which turned out to be a good idea. We asked for a quiet location and luckily had a room close to the main swimming pool area. Room was good, clean neat with all facilities for cooking etc. The block had laundry facilities on each floor. The presentation they offer you for free tickets etc. is long and they really hassle you. Poor wifi in the rooms. The location is good for visiting the Everglades, Miami, Fort Launderdale and trips to the Keys. The pool was good, very busy with children as it was spring break. There are groups of regular people who put towels on seats early in the morning and are not even at the pool, this means there are no seats available on nice weather days!! The hot tub was very hot. A few miles away are shops and restaurants all very good and close-by. All in all a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to the main pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for your positive review. We’re happy that you enjoyed a comfortable stay at Vacation Village at Bonaventure and that you liked our amenities. Our resort is a great choice for those that wish to explore amazing nearby Floridian destinations like the Everglades and the Florida Keys. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Weston vacation.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Beware, the pics online aren't where they will try to put your room. They put us 2 blocks away in an old apartment bldg. that was stuck in the 70s with full wall mirrors, old furniture, not to mention away from what we were there for -- the amenities like the pool. They then try to charge an upgrade fee to you to simply get what you book online - bogus! We got moved back to the actual resort that we booked as shown online. Not easy staff to work with at all.
They hound you daily about touring and buying a timeshare. Pool is nicest thing about this whole place. Other amenities are in need of repair. The pictures online aren't really what you get.

Room Tip: don't settle for a room 2 blocks away, don't be any further away than the Osprey bldg. which is about a 5 min. walk from your bldg - facing the Everglades at night is neat - total darkness except for to the east seeing the coast of Ft Lauderdale
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Lee G
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that you were disappointed in our resort. Vacation Village at Bonaventure is a timeshare property that includes seven guest buildings with one and two-bedroom suites. All suites feature a separate bedroom and living and dining areas. A Suites are 875 square feet and have fully appointed kitchens equipped with dishwasher, range, coffeemaker, toaster, ice maker, full-size refrigerator and microwave convection oven. B Suites are 625 square feet and feature partial kitchens that include many of the A Suite kitchen amenities but without the range. In addition to the pool located at the Registration Building that is shared with our sister resort, Vacation Village at Weston, the Bonaventure property features five additional outdoor pools for guest use. Your review doesn’t state what site you used for online reservations, but all of this information including current photos of the resort can be found on our webpage. Though not mandatory, many guests attend the presentation and appreciate learning about the benefits of timeshare ownership. We regret that we didn’t meet your expectations but we hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may have a future opportunity to prove that we are always a great lodging value in Weston.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I just came back from Vacation Village. It was OK. There are quite a few things that can be done to improve the overall stay for anyone. The place is a family place. It feels safe and it was clean. We were there the week after Easter. Upon check-in I asked for an upgrade, that I would be willing to pay for. I was told they were full which I came to find out was not the case, not a big deal just not nice to lie. Say no or it's not our policy to charge for upgrades, but don't lie.
Upon check-in you will be sent to a separate place to get a parking card to place on the dashboard this is where they "hustle" you into a timeshare presentation. You can get about $75 but the presentation takes 4 hours even though you are told you just have to see a unit and answer a survey. It's very misleading.
There is Wi-Fi, but it is so poor that you cannot really use it. You have to pay $1.50 per day to upgrade to internet service that works. In 2014 it would seem internet service would be standard at any place of business.
To check out you have to drive a mile to get to the welcome center and all they do is collect your card and then tell you your balance. It seems like an unnecessary step, when you already have my card on file and most places allow you to check out over the phone or via the television.
The room is only cleaned once a week. We were told it was Wednesday but it was Tuesday so we weren't able to leave a tip for the cleaning lady.
The hotel is about 40 minutes from the closest beach. The pool is quite good and it has a hot tub. The town of Weston is quite nice and there are grocery stores, pharmacies and other conveniences very close but you have to drive. The hotel does provides a shuttle to take you anywhere within 3 miles if you do not have your own car. We had a car and didn't use it but we saw it in the parking lot picking people up. Towel service is pretty good, they bring clean towels as needed to your room. The hotel is very dated but it looks nice outside and it is well kept. Overall it's not a bad place but not very close to beach or other recreational areas other than the hotel pool.

Room Tip: The room are pretty standard. Choose a place that doesn't face the parking lot to avoid being woken up at night while rowdy people arrive and stumble into the hotel.
1  Thank Chatty_Connie
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you sharing your review of Vacation Village at Bonaventure. We appreciate your comments because it helps us know in what areas we can improve our service. We apologize that we couldn’t provide you with an upgrade. We offer guests upgrades if there is availability to do so. Remember that the resort is a timeshare property and most guests stay with us for weeks at a time. When you checked in it’s possible that some of the A units may not had already been occupied, but reserved by other guests arriving the same week of your vacation. We offer guests incentives such as meals and gift cards in exchange for their time to preview the resort and its amenities. The chosen incentive and requirements are noted on the deposit receipt that guests receive when the appointment is scheduled. This information is provided in writing so that we may ensure that only guests who are truly interested in attending will sign up. We’re thankful that overall you enjoyed your Weston vacation and we hope that you will return so that we may have another chance to exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Before our trip to Florida, I visited Vacation Village's website and had a look at their videos of the resorts at Weston, so when I opened the door to our one-bedroom unit (a B-unit, I think) in the Flamingo 1 building, I have to admit it was not quite what I was expecting. The unit was quite small and cramped, and having just checked out of a lovely, spacious two-bedroom unit at Silver Lake Resort in Orlando, this was a jagged little pill. We consoled ourselves with the fact that we would be there only two nights, and that we would be out shopping all day both days, so it was just a place to rest our heads at night.

The entire unit (furnishings, fittings, decor, etc.) was very dated. I have not seen one of those small-screen tube TV's in ages before Vacation Village at Bonaventure. I imagine if we were doing the timeshare preview, they would have demoed one of their better, more modern units, but there is no better way to sell your guests on your resort than to have them actually experience the comfort of staying in one. This is what Silver Lake Resort did and they got our vote and our membership.

Given my first Vacation Village experience, I do not feel inclined to return anytime soon, but I may give them another chance some time in the future, trying another one of their resorts and an A-unit next time. I am just wary about taking a chance on the quality of my family vacation; I prefer to book a resort where I am assured a certain standard of accommodation, rather than the hit or miss situation that Vacation Village seems to put me in.

3  Thank Camille B
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you taking the time to share your experience. We’re very disappointed to read that our resort did not meet all of your expectations. It is our goal to offer great vacations for our guests and we appreciate your comments as these observations can only help us to improve our performance. We hope you will consider choosing us again so that we may have another opportunity to prove that we are a great choice for lodging while visiting Weston.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We checked in at 2:00am......Igor was very nice.....due to a family emergency prior to coming and not wanting to disappoint kids and cancel we came but my credit card did not have the funds available for the 3 deposits....Igor said if we pay the resort fee that would be fine...ok.....next day I go to front desk prepared to do so when I asked for the internet code....WIllie gave me the code without asking for monies due...this was day 2 of 5 day vacation......well on day 4....Willie locked out our room key...Not considering we had teenagers locked out without us.....who does that..I Had even noted on the checkin form I had teenagers with me.....WHO DOES THAT....lock you out of your room with your property inside over $100 deposit on day 4....WHO DOES THAT....I PAID THE $100 in cash......but in hindsight I should have departed...my sister works for Marriott and I always have family form on hand......worst customer service ever...Rooms are not that nice for that rude behavior........I hope this is not company policy.....I would never return..EVER.

3  Thank shonda b
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Like most hotels and resorts Vacation Village at Bonaventure requires a credit card or cash deposit at check-in. The deposit is policy to cover any potential losses during a guest’s stay. Due to your late arrival and the situation, Igor allowed you to check in without the deposit but over the next few days we attempted to contact you several times and left messages stating that the deposit had to be paid. You never responded. We locked the unit, which is standard practice that many hoteliers adopt worldwide when there are monies due. We’re sorry that our resort and service did not live up to your expectations and we wish you a better travel experience on your next trip to Weston.