This is "Time Share" type of resort with several buildings. We are the family of 2 + 3 daughters.
We have arrived late Saturday night for one week staying. Check in was fast and smooth. Finding the our building "Sandpiper I" was not so easy especially at night. It took us about 1/2 hr because directions given by the staff and the map were not great. The map looked like my three years old daughter's drawing :-).
In the morning I found the much easier way to move around.
We have gotten the unit on the third floor. To our surprise it was combination of two units A & B. They have common entry to small corridor leading to two separate doors. Units can be used separate or together since there is the connecting door inside. Each unit has fully equipped kitchen (stove, fridge with icemaker, microwave & dishwasher). Pots, pans, dishware and utensils are also provided. This was useful for breakfast preparations. We have not prepared any dinners since this was also the vacation for Mommy ;-)
Each unit has two TV's. They are little bit outdated. Flat screens would be nice.
From the beginning we were offered free gift ready for pick up in the main lobby.
We didn't fall for it since we learned from other reviews it was the catch to get you for the Time Share selling seminar. Simply ignore and decline any freebies and you would be OK, unless you want to spend few hours listening and then trying to get them off your back.
Amenities are great. Each building complex has own swimming pool. Lots of activities for every age at the main complex - Weston.
All buildings, grounds and units are clean. Small note - the furniture in the units are really outdated so are the wall colour schemes.
Lots of tennis courts and golf courses in the neighborhood with discounts for the residents of the resort.
Quite few restaurants, small shopping malls in the area. Very close to the biggest outlet mall of North America - Sawgrass Mills with shuttle bus provided by the resort.
Very easy access to a highway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-appointed Vacation Village at Bonaventure features spacious one-and two-bedroom suites that are equipped with luxurious living and dining areas and are fully furnished for maximum comfort. Relax at one of the resort's pools and watch the palm trees sway in the tropical breezes. Nestled within the famous South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston, this resort offers maximum privacy for guests but is within minutes of Fort Lauderdale's famed beaches and attractions. Sumptuous dining, world class shopping and excursions to the Everglades are located nearby for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Bonaventure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Hotel Weston
- Vacation Village Bonaventure
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Weston
- Vacation Village Weston