Weston is not too far from the beaches along Highway 1 and also Alligator Alley across to Naples but I do not see the point in staying there as it is a soulless bedroom community and you have to drive to find a restaurant in the many small, characterless malls. I think better to stay at one of the beaches where there are restaurants to hand and you can have a pleasant walk after dinner.
Bonaventure is a very large resort, truly a village as reception desk has about 10 check in staff and it is a drive to each of the pairs of individual blocks which all have their own pools.
We stayed in one of the Heron buildings.
The Good -
Good sized bedroom with comfortable bed and television.
Pleasant pool area with hot tub.
The Bad -
Depressing hospital like corridor.
Lounge/kitchen area gloomy as no windows.
No washing up bowl and the rubber plug would not stay in.
No balcony and room overlooked car park.
Wi-fi available at a charge of $6 an hour.
A few tiny ants here and there in the room.
Staff member in situ at ground floor elevator to try to sell you timeshare.
Timeshare sales pitch phone call to room.
The Ugly -
Room only cleaned on 4th day after arrival, any extra cleaning $25 per day.
If not checked out by 10am $75 charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-appointed Vacation Village at Bonaventure features spacious one-and two-bedroom suites that are equipped with luxurious living and dining areas and are fully furnished for maximum comfort. Relax at one of the resort's pools and watch the palm trees sway in the tropical breezes. Nestled within the famous South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston, this resort offers maximum privacy for guests but is within minutes of Fort Lauderdale's famed beaches and attractions. Sumptuous dining, world class shopping and excursions to the Everglades are located nearby for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vacation Village at Bonaventure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Hotel Weston
- Vacation Village Bonaventure
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Weston
- Vacation Village Weston