We stayed here through a timeshare exchange. We wanted to go to Florida over the very busy Easter week and this was the only property available in the entire state, other than Orlando. As others have noted, it is inland, so having a car is necessary and you will need to drive quite a bit. Having said that, it is right off the highway and easy to get pretty much any where interesting within 30 minutes.
We stayed in an A/B combo unit in Sandpiper 2 (they are 2 one bedrooms that combine to a 2 bedroom, so you have 2 kitchens and LRs which is sort of weird. The smaller unit - can't remember if it's A or B - is TINY so avoid getting that. It has only a partial kitchen so it's probably called a studio). The combo unit was quite big, but very dated and tired. Everything was clean and in working order, but all circa the 1980s, including the TV - which someone else noted in a review. So while the space was decent, it just felt a bit tired and old. The pools were quite nice as was the surrounding area - a great place to take a early morning or late afternoon run or walk! There are 3 publix within a 3 minute drive of the resort so lots of options to buy groceries.
I don't think we'd go here again, but in a pinch, if you want to get to Florida for some sunshine and nothing else is available, it's good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-appointed Vacation Village at Bonaventure features spacious one-and two-bedroom suites that are equipped with luxurious living and dining areas and are fully furnished for maximum comfort. Relax at one of the resort's pools and watch the palm trees sway in the tropical breezes. Nestled within the famous South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston, this resort offers maximum privacy for guests but is within minutes of Fort Lauderdale's famed beaches and attractions. Sumptuous dining, world class shopping and excursions to the Everglades are located nearby for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Vacation Village at Bonaventure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Hotel Weston
- Vacation Village Bonaventure
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Weston
- Vacation Village Weston