“Very impressed!”

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Kentchurch
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional riverside country pub with dining room overlooking the beautiful river Monnow. Food also available in cosy bar area with open fire, and in riverside garden with patio.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

On looking for a new place to visit for dinner near Hereford, we came across The Bridge Inn which was the number 1 restaurant on Trip Advisor so we thought we'd give it a go. We were not disappointed! The winning starter was the baked camembert but the other starters, fig and cheese parcels, and breaded prawns were also delicious. For mains, our group had a steak which was cooked to perfection, the salmon and two vegetarian mains, all of which were beautifully presented and very tasty. We look forward to visiting again. Relaxed atmosphere and lovely views of the river. We met the cook after the meal and passed on our compliments for a wonderful meal.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gina C

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“The perfect landlord and excellent homecooked food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took my father here for an evening meal after a hot summer's day at a jazz festival in Upton-on Severn.I had already visited this pub previously having come across it almost by chance and knew the detour would be well worth the effort. Dad considers himself an expert in all things pub related and he was not disappointed! Everything was faultless- the warm welcome from landlord Nick and his wife Andi, the lovely barman, excellent selection of beer and cider, and the food was superb- dad and I had the seafood stew and I can honestly say I did not want it to end- my husband's steak pie was also demolished with gusto. We had a table beside the open windows overlooking the river which was cool and tranquil. The young waitresses were a credit to the management. This is a small pub with what seems to be a loyal but not "cliquey" clientele where visitors don't feel ignored or sidelined. I look forward to visiting again in the autumn to enjoy the cosy open fire.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jacqui R
boogiebeebie
“An excellent place to eat”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here for fathers day and we all really enjoyed it. Delicious food, great service and a lovely location.

• Visited June 2013
Hereford
“Great Pub - Great Food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Always a pleasure to visit this Pub. Welcoming & friendly. Every dish except 1 on the menu contained mushrooms & I can't eat them. However, this was no problem as all the food is freshly prepared. I was even offered an alternative sauce as my choice may have been a little bland without the mushrooms. I took the chef's suggestion on board and had a delicious meal. We had 3 courses because the menu was so tempting and all were lovely.

• Visited May 2013
Monmouthshire
“One of my favourite pubs”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visit the Bridge on a regular basis, and have never had anything other than a great time. Good beers and wine, really tasty, unpretentious food and brilliant staff. Sunday lunches to die for! Nick, Andi and their team have things "just right" and we heartily recommend the Bridge to friends. Great place.

• Visited May 2013