When I found out I was headed to West Palm for work, I immediately called a friend who lives there and said "find me somewhere cute--not a bland hotel." Boy, did she deliver.
I stayed in the Sundance South Suite, and I joked that I wanted to move in. A gorgeous little apartment with a wonderful sitting room that was perfect for reading a book or watching TV, or just catching up with my friend and her husband. If you don't bring a book, no worries--there were tons of books and magazines to choose from. The kitchen area was nice and large, with a nice set up of tea, coffee, soda and snacks for my time there. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was cozy. If I moved to Palm Beach, I would want to live there.
The grounds were lovely--a little collection of buildings with lush landscaping and inviting pool areas (2--one saltwater and one chlorine).
The staff were so nice. Kirk and Cheryl (the owners) are a very sweet couple who treat you like visiting family. And Johanna (I may be misspelling her name) at the front desk was warm and welcoming and made sure I was taken care of. When she saw that I would miss breakfast one day due to my work schedule, she made sure my refrigerator was stocked with fresh yogurt and berries, orange juice, and there were two Zone bars, an apple and banana there for me. The day I had breakfast--wow and yum. All delicious and wonderful! My veggie omelet was the best I've ever had, and the guava pastry was a nice sweet treat.
A side note--this was a business trip, and since I wasn't around enough to enjoy all of the amenities, I would probably recommend the Sundance North Suite or one of the main house suites as a more practical and economical choice. But if you are there and will have free time, the Sundance South is wonderful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn Cottages and Suites, a six consecutive year AAA Four Diamond award winning boutique property, and distinguished member of Select Registry offers three unique accommodation choices in West Palm Beach. Choose from the historic bed and breakfast inn with complimentary prepared to order breakfast, spacious self-catering 1-3 bedroom fully equipped, separately licensed weekly vacation homes or art deco suites with en suite breakfast package (Inn breakfast available for a surcharge). Accommodations boast an historic past with modern day necessities, featuring well appointed accommodations, located in the residential West Palm Beach Grandview Heights Historic District, anchored between two major entertainment centers--CityPlace and Clematis Waterfront Districts, and a quick walk to PBC Convention Center and PBA University. All accommodations have access to resort style amenities, accommodating the budget-minded to the most discriminating traveler. Relax and experience Old Florida style, in an intimate family-owned boutique style accommodation, offering a relaxed-laid back casual atmosphere, reminiscent of the small hotels of bygone years, without sacrificing the modern amenities we have come to expect today. This off-the-beaten-path resort is cherished by travelers worldwide, who value an authentic Florida vacation experience and gracious hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Casa Grandview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn, Cottages, Hotel West Palm Beach
- Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn, Cottages, And Suites