“Cute and tucked-away--a great retreat”
Review of Casa Grandview

Casa Grandview
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 5, 2013

When I found out I was headed to West Palm for work, I immediately called a friend who lives there and said "find me somewhere cute--not a bland hotel." Boy, did she deliver.

I stayed in the Sundance South Suite, and I joked that I wanted to move in. A gorgeous little apartment with a wonderful sitting room that was perfect for reading a book or watching TV, or just catching up with my friend and her husband. If you don't bring a book, no worries--there were tons of books and magazines to choose from. The kitchen area was nice and large, with a nice set up of tea, coffee, soda and snacks for my time there. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was cozy. If I moved to Palm Beach, I would want to live there.

The grounds were lovely--a little collection of buildings with lush landscaping and inviting pool areas (2--one saltwater and one chlorine).

The staff were so nice. Kirk and Cheryl (the owners) are a very sweet couple who treat you like visiting family. And Johanna (I may be misspelling her name) at the front desk was warm and welcoming and made sure I was taken care of. When she saw that I would miss breakfast one day due to my work schedule, she made sure my refrigerator was stocked with fresh yogurt and berries, orange juice, and there were two Zone bars, an apple and banana there for me. The day I had breakfast--wow and yum. All delicious and wonderful! My veggie omelet was the best I've ever had, and the guava pastry was a nice sweet treat.

A side note--this was a business trip, and since I wasn't around enough to enjoy all of the amenities, I would probably recommend the Sundance North Suite or one of the main house suites as a more practical and economical choice. But if you are there and will have free time, the Sundance South is wonderful!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kastondc
There are newer reviews for Casa Grandview

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Casa Grandview is a little piece of heaven - stylish and quiet with great hospitality. Both being chefs and in the yachting industry, my boyfriend and I had been apart for 4 months and just wanted somewhere to relax and catch up. Enough attention was given to us yet we were left alone to just do our own thing and make ourselves at home. I felt like we'd escaped the real world and were in heaven, it was bliss. Breakfast was delicious and should definitely not be missed. The Coco Plum cottage that we stayed in on our first visit was delightful and the Sundance South cottage which we stayed in last week was spacious and quaint. Casa Grandview offers a range of accommodation to suit everyone's budget and it's so much better than staying in a hotel! Having been given the grand tour, the decor and atmosphere all around the main house, cottages and pools is great. Cheryl, Kirk, Yajaira and the rest of the team are so welcoming and will do their best to satisfy all guests, even go beyond (Kirk gave us a lift back to Rybovich shipyard to save us a cab ride.) I hope to return again soon! Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a gem hidden in the lovely historic district of grandview heights! This was our 2nd visit to this oasis in west palm beach, and I cannot say enough about this lovely and peaceful place. Cheryl , Kirk, and their staff are so helpful and gracious... It as if we have known them for a long time! Highly, highly recommend a stay at this piece of paradise, you will want to return as much as possible. We cannot wait to return!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This weekend ( October 11-13) was so amazing at Casa Grandview, during the summer I decided to book a weekend getaway for me and my Fiancée, he's been working so many hours at work and I wanted to surprise him by taking him away for the weekend. However, the day before we left we got into a huge fight and we didn’t talk to each other the entire night. I was so mad I really wanted to go alone, but before I left I decided to ask him was he still planning on going with me; he said ‘yes’. The entire ride to Casa Grandview was silent. When we finally arrived to Casa Grandview, I seen the look on his face (the look of amazement), he said, ‘this place is beautiful’. Then he gave me a big kiss and said I love you. We had a great time and we forgot about all our problems. The staff was great, the room was great, the breakfast was great, we were able to walk to the mall, Saturday we took the trolley to the pier there was an even going on and we sampled a variety of food, (which goes on every Saturday from 9 to 1) and most of all the owners are the best! They really take pride in their property. The place is beautiful and relaxing. I plan on taking him back for his birthday in December. I would recommend this place to anyone!! I feel the same way other visitors felt that’s been there, I want to keep this place as our little secret, but it’s so beautiful that you have to tell. Five stars is not enough for Casa Grandview, let say unlimited stars!!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you are looking for that very special spot in the world with charm and great breakfast, we highly recommend the Casa Grandview! All of the cottages are incredible and the breakfasts are over the top fabulous! That coupled with the friendly, welcoming owners, Cheryl and Kirk Grantham, you simply cannot ask for a better stay!!! We love everything about it!! Most certainly 5 stars in our book!
Rich and Penny Paegel
Houston Texas USA

Room Tip: All adorable cottages. You cannot miss.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I decided to surprise my husband with a night away close to home for our anniversary. I could not have chosen a better getaway. Casa Grandview is full of charm and beauty. The innkeepers, Kirk and Cheryl go out of their way to ensure your stay is all that you want it to be. We were offered an upgrade from our original reservation upon our arrival, which we did decide to take. Kirk and Cheryl have put so much thought into every aspect of this amazing getaway. The decor on the inside of the rooms/cottages to the outside by the pools and decks was definitely very well thought out for the comfort of the guests but is also full of beauty and charm. The pools were beautiful and inviting. There are hammocks by the pools as well for your relaxation. The breakfast was made to order. My husband had french toast, scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage. I chose a veggie omelet, french toast and a black bean patty. However, before breakfast was even served, we were greeted with a warm chocolate croissant followed up with a beautiful fruit cup that was filled with at least 10 different fruits. We left with very full and happy stomachs! The service was impeccable. We were given a tour of many other cottages before we left by Jijada (spelling?) who is so very nice and friendly. Again, the attention to detail in every cottage that we saw was breathtaking. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

me and my wife was there at the south suite from9/6/13 to 9/8/13 we both fell in love with this place .the homemade breakfast every morning was something to die for.The owner and staff took pride in the place .the suite we had was just out of this world .thank you again Kirk and Cheryl for making us feel right at home see you soon at December .love Mr. and Mrs.Edwards

Room Tip: the south suite was out of this world love it
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
West Palm Beach Marriott
West Palm Beach Marriott
#13 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Casa Grandview? Share your experiences!