“Solitary, Great Breakfast, Great owners” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Grandview West Palm Beach

Casa Grandview West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Solitary, Great Breakfast, Great owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Kirk, Sheryl, Yaheida were phenomenal to me and my wife. We had a quick getaway to West Palm for the weekend. They made our stay pleasant with great southern hospitality. The 3 course breakfast every morning was perfect. I had omelets both mornings, which they make to your liking. The pastries were oozing with goodness! Our room was great. We had the Sundace South Suit which was just the right size...not too big and not too small. It was peaceful, so we didn't hear too much noise at all. The whole property had serenity written all over it and manicured real well. Pretty quite and peaceful. I liked both pool areas, with the salt water pool being my favorite, because of the landscape. All in all, this was a nice, pleasant stay that me and my wife enjoyed very much, because of the hospitality and the closeness to everything downtown Palm Beach has to offer! City Place is only 2 main blocks up, which is a pretty cheap cab ride or drive. Clematis street...other nightlife and restaurants is 3 main blocks away. Proximity is your friend at Grandview. We enjoyed every minute of our stay...Thanks Casa Grandview!!!

1 Thank khouse11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Casa Grandview this past weekend to celebrate his birthday. We had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. We enjoyed some time at the heated pool and were treated well by the owners, as well as their primary assistant.
I was very impressed by how immaculately the grounds are maintained...the landscaping is absolutely beautiful.
Most of all, we enjoyed breakfast on the patio each morning of our stay. The owners, Cheryl and Kirk, as well as their assistant Yajaida, make breakfast a dream! Breakfast is 3 course, with pastries, exquisite fruit, and breakfast entrees made to order. It was so delicious and beautifully presented. Not only did we enjoy the food, but the interaction and excellent service from the staff was a plus.
Lastly, this bed and breakfast is a great value for the accommodations and service offered. The suites are large with great furnishings. There's also snacks in the room, plush bathrobes, and Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
The hubby and I will definitely return and recommend Casa Grandview to our family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm almost scared to share this secret gem in fear I won't be able to get back in when I want to!! My husband and I booked Casa Grandview for the Dave Matthews concert because I waited too long to book our regular accommodations at the Ritz Carlton in Palm Beach. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it ended up to be the BEST thing that could have happened and I probably won't bother going back to the Ritz unless it is to use the spa as Cheryl has thought of absolutely every amenity possible. We also towed our boat over as after the DMB concert we were heading to the Keys for mini season lobstering. My husband was concerned about parking the boat for those two days, but Cheryl was so very accommodating and gracious and gave us multiple options and it all worked out perfectly!! Upon arrival, their wonderful Innkeeper showed us our reserved room, which was as expected and would have been perfect. However, she then showed us a possible upgrade, which we took, and it was amazing.
The main house only has three rooms, then there are cottages (actually houses), pool cabana units, and deco units. I was able to see multiple other units other than the Key West that we stayed in and I can tell you all of the ones I saw were absolutely wonderful and I can't imagine anything less from the units I didn't see. Cheryl definitely has a flair for decorating that makes everything feel very homey, inviting, and comfortable. She chooses the highest quality of furnishings, decorations, linens, towels, and toiletry items. We had the most plush Nautica towels (I wish I could find those for home!), soft sheets, Gilchrest and Soames bath gels, shampoo, and conditioner, etc. Upon arrival our kitchen refrigerator was stocked with soda and water for our convenience (complimentary!!!). I could easily stay at the Key West cottage indefinitely with only my clothing. She has thought of everything. The kitchen is fully stocked, I'm an avid cook, and although this trip did not entail any cooking, I would not have had to bring a single kitchen item. All of the outdoor pool areas and surrounding gardens and walkways are absolutely amazing. There are numerous gas grills situated outside along paths for use, as well as lounge chairs and hammocks. Music plays outside on the front and side porches and there are a number of places to sit and relax or visit. The property would be fabulous for a family reunion or a large group gathering. The previously raved about breakfast is amazing!!! Virtually anything you want. The banannas foster french toast is highly recommended, as well as the western omelet, the guava pastries, or just about anything else you can think of! The location is great and within walking distance to City Walk and a number of shops and restaurants and just a short drive or even a bike ride (bike are available on site) to the waterfront. I'd like to plan a girls' getway to Casa Grandview, but I know my husband will be disappointed as he thoroughly enjoyed the stay as well. I can not fathom how anyone could be disappointed, this is truly an amazing property maintained by owners that clearly choose quality and provide a wonderful experience.

2 Thank Lori S
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've traveled a lot of places both domestic and internationally, and I must say without hesitation,
Casa Grandview West Palm is one of the most peaceful and tranquill getaways I've had in recent years. The accommodations/property is absolutely beautiful, and maticulously maintained...I felt like I was on my own private little island. Every need was met!! Oh and yes, the breakfast was excellent/first class :-) Cheryl, Kirk, Yajaira, and Paco were very gracious and attentive. Hands down...I will be making several repeat visits in the very near future and years to come.......happy, happy, happy;-)

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Casa Grandview is the perfect getaway or a vacation. So friendly, beautiful and quite. Sheryl and Curtis were excellent host.
Breakfast was excellent, the Black Bean Cake is a Must !!. They also have bikes ( which are complementary, it is the only way to get to see the area & is another must do to enjoy the area. Is walking distance to City Place and very close to Downtown. The rooms are clean with many amenities, so convenient if you are here for a weekend or a longer stay. We will go back for sure.

Room Tip: The Guest House is so quite and convenient
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This property is absolutely gorgeous! The owners have taken such great care in keeping the details of the history that goes along with the property! When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to their Penthouse room because it was going to be available. We checked both rooms out (the orginal one we booked and the upgraded Penthouse) and knew that the Penthouse would be fun to stay in. We were not charged any extra money for the upgrade, which we did not expect but were pleasantly surprised and happy about. The owners are very friendly and so accomodating with anything that you want for breakfast (even with dietary issues). The Penthouse room is stunning! A lot of big furniture that states royalty. The jacuzzi tub and the huge shower was a plus! The cleaniness of the entire B&B was to be admired! I would defintely recommend this B&B to anyone looking to relax and feel pampered!

Room Tip: Penthouse room was a pleasant temperature for sleeping!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

A husband's perspective...My wife & I have stayed in well over 50 inns in the US... this is my first review..

As a Florida resident, we opted to have a quiet "backyard" 5 nite vacation to celebrate our 25 th anniversary ! After researching and viewing comments on trip advisor, we chose to reserve a room that met our desires at Casa Grandview. The cottage we selected was the Cooc Plum. From the descriptive reviews of the rooms, this is the room that we wanted and did receive formal confirmation for. The reservation was made 5 weeks prior.

The day before arrival, I called the Inn to see if they could arrange for a surprise rose floral arrangement in the Coco Plum. Yaraida confirmed that she could.
Upon arrvial.. the day of the anniversary, Cheryl met us and had a lengthy conversation about the area (20 minutes). It was then that she proceeded with tour and eventually taking us to our "cottage".. After a few minutes within the "house", my wife asked whether this was the Coco Plum?( as it sure wasn't like the website). Cheryl advised that no it wasn't, but we have been "ugraded" to the Charleston! ..We have a "house " in Florida and wanted specifically to stay in a cottage. Specifically per the contract confirmation .. "the Coco Plum" cottage.

For the guys out there, this would have been a great retreat for about 15-20 of our fraternity brothers! Massive porch, but little furniture except for the bar. Perfect for the frat guys ! The inside had 2 rooms with large screen tv's . One room had two couches and other chairs arranged perfectly for a super bowl party ! Was told that there was an upstairs with a big jacuzzi, but realized that I didn't want to see it. This was after Cheryl told us another gem about the "house"... It was just "FUMIGATED" yesterday !! My old Frat Brothers would have been thrilled..!

At this point, we advised that we just wanted the Coco Plum as we agreed to and went back to the office. We were advised that someone else wanted to rent it for 11 nites, so they gave it to them! Cheryl said that they were already there fore 5 nites and obviously had 6 more nites to go.
I asked Cheryl, why didn't you "upgrade" them to the Charleston(?).. Didn't get an answer, but was pretty obvious . I then asked about any available comparable cottages. There were none. She did mention a couple rooms in the hotel, including one that was small and had no air-conditioning !

It became very apparent that our reservation at Casa Grandview was meaningless. They obviously felt that if we got there, the chances were that we would have to take it.

We decided that we would not check-in and just leave. Cheryl then apologized again & again, thinking that we should have been contacted by Yaraida about the upgrade. Of course, we were not contacted. If we were, we would have said ,no. Cheryl then made an offer for a "free nite" in one of the hotel rooms, including the penthouse with 20 stair flights up.
I stated again, that we did not want the hotel nor a house. Our reservation was clearly for the speciifed Coco Plum cottage, with no conditions.

Fortunately, this happened in our "backyard, so we were able to drive an hour back to our home.

Thanks to the Casa Grandview for the memorable "vacation" and the anniversary "present"; giving our selected cottage to others and offering us the fumigated house upgrade !

Beware !
ps.. wish we would have read trip advisor reports back in 2011 and 2012, instead of just recently. "leopards don't change spots, they just hide them"..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank mark h
wholoveslucy, Owner at Casa Grandview West Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was sorry you chose not to stay with us, and did not have an opportunity to experience our property or vacation homes. Thank you affording us the chance to respond to your opinion of our property. We offer private, self-catering vacation cottages with high end furnishings, luxury amenities, and state of the art technology as advertised on Flip Key. This option offers an entirely different experience than an inn or hotel stay. Guests can enjoy a getaway with privacy, little or no interaction or intrusion, the ability to stay in, cook, grill, or opt for delivery, and most importantly relax—even on the rare day the weather is not cooperating.

Your reservation request was handled by Yajaira, a lead team member. We often receive accolades from guests regarding her desire to assist and go the extra mile. You may recall you spoke about a last minute request for roses the day before your visit. As mentioned when we met, our records indicate she sent an e-mail to the address you provided offering a complimentary upgrade at no cost to you, and three weeks prior to your anticipated arrival. You stated due to Spam you do not check e-mail. We wonder had you read the e-mail, might you have accepted our offer or contacted us to decline it rather than concluding it was a bait and switch tactic. Complimentary upgrades are a nice way to make a travel experience as enjoyable as possible. Over the past eight years we have offered a complimentary upgrade whenever possible. Why? Well, why not? As a courtesy to our guests, to make them happy, keep them coming back, good business practice, etc. Having received no reply to our e-mail, the assumption was you were agreeable to the upgrade. A big mistake on our part, and duly noted. Future upgrade e-mails will receive follow-up calls from us or the offer will be withdrawn.

Your demand to remove our guests at Coco Cottage in mid-stay and offer them your upgrade at 4:30 in the afternoon was not prudent. In all fairness, they reserved and prepaid eight months in advance. I wish you would have accepted my offer of a complimentary night in our Penthouse Suite as it may have provided an opportunity for you to enjoy a nice evening together and allowed us to time to please you. Sadly, some things are not meant to be.

Please know when you called our inn during breakfast service the following morning, we were in the midst of preparing breakfast for guests and unable to converse. I think you will agree no charges were made to your credit card when you arrived since you did not stay with us. My husband, Kirk, endeavored to reach out to you both by phone with offered a sincere apology Thank you for accepting the 25 long stemmed roses we had delivered to your home the following day.

Contrary to your review opinions, we politely protest. We are onsite owners, do not encourage any Super Bowl soirees, Spring Break (other than educators and families), or raucous group rentals. Our cottage vacation rentals are our part of our private urban renewal in one of our City’s oldest historic residential districts. We will not apologize for our urban, multi-cultural neighborhood or for owning and managing historic properties. We have gone to great lengths to preserve and protect our cottages with the good help of environmental companies with chemical free protection, use of professional service providers, and our dedicated family, friends, and team members who share our love of preservation and old things.

Once again, I apologize for offending you when congratulating you on your anniversary. My husband and I have been married over 30 years and still believe in love and romance. I was sorry you decided not to stay with us, and sad you felt the need to threaten rather than considering a compromise. Life is too short for rancor.

Sincere regards,

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Casa Grandview West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!