My husband and I stayed at Casa Grandview in March 2013. This trip was to be a pleasure vacation however ended up being interrupted due to a family illness. My mother-in-law had a stroke the day before we were to arrive. Upon arrival, we informed the owner, Cheryl, of the family emergency and that we would have to possibly fly back and forth from West Palm to Tampa. Cheryl was FANTASTIC! She was not only kind and compassionate and understanding to our situation, but she offered to help in any way she could recommending flying over driving across state if we possibly could. HER COMPASSION AND WARMTH TO PEOPLE SHE NEVER MET WAS ASTOUNDING! She made us feel like we were at home. Luckily, we were able to enjoy some of the vacation and it was awesome! We stayed in the Coastal Seaside Suite and the decor of this suite was phenomenal! Everything was so well appointed and we ate in every day, cooking in the kitchen and we had everything we needed. Cheryl provides a special touch in each of her suites and we had wonderfully soft throws to use and the bed and bed linens were of the highest quality and so soft/comfortable to sleep in. We enjoyed the pools, especially the main pool which is beautiful, peaceful, and very well appointed with comfortable outdoor furniture. One of the things we loved about Casa Grandview is that it never seemed busy even though they were completely booked in every room. It was always peaceful and quiet!. We enjoyed riding bikes that the owners provided every day and the bikes were comfortable and well taken care of, as is everything at this resort. We really enjoyed Lucy and Raleigh , the owners dogs, who were just both the sweetest dogs EVER! We miss them! We also enjoyed cocktails with the owner and their neighbor one evening and they were so kind and just felt like they had been longtime friends! You cannot go wrong by going to Casa Grandview if you are looking for an upscale place to vacation. Cheryl has impeccable taste and the whole resort is decorated and designed beautifully and tastefully and for the utmost in comfort. The other main thing is that the owners are just so great! They make sure you are provided with everything you could ever need or want and their staff is amazing! Our room was probably the cleanest room we have ever stayed as is the whole resort. We did not get a chance to enjoy one of Cheryl's famous breakfasts but plan to do so next time we visit. Thank you again to Cheryl and Kirk! You both have put your heart and soul into Casa Grandview and it transfers to your guests. Even though we were going through a difficult time, we loved our stay and felt so well cared for and like we were part of the Casa Grandview family. We will miss you, but we will see you again some day hopefully in the near future. Give a little pat/scratch to your babies for us! AND TO ANYONE THINKING OF BOOKING HERE, DON'T GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT! YOU WILL BE SO GLAD YOU DID AND WILL COMPLETELY ENJOY YOUR STAY. The only thing we would do next time is probably rent a car. There are no little minit markets or grocery stores within a short walk, however we did just fine with the bikes as they had baskets for us to put our groceries into to bring back. If you cannot do physical activity however, we would recommend renting a car to get around easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn Cottages and Suites, a six consecutive year AAA Four Diamond award winning boutique property, and distinguished member of Select Registry offers three unique accommodation choices in West Palm Beach. Choose from the historic bed and breakfast inn with complimentary prepared to order breakfast, spacious self-catering 1-3 bedroom fully equipped, separately licensed weekly vacation homes or art deco suites with en suite breakfast package (Inn breakfast available for a surcharge). Accommodations boast an historic past with modern day necessities, featuring well appointed accommodations, located in the residential West Palm Beach Grandview Heights Historic District, anchored between two major entertainment centers--CityPlace and Clematis Waterfront Districts, and a quick walk to PBC Convention Center and PBA University. All accommodations have access to resort style amenities, accommodating the budget-minded to the most discriminating traveler. Relax and experience Old Florida style, in an intimate family-owned boutique style accommodation, offering a relaxed-laid back casual atmosphere, reminiscent of the small hotels of bygone years, without sacrificing the modern amenities we have come to expect today. This off-the-beaten-path resort is cherished by travelers worldwide, who value an authentic Florida vacation experience and gracious hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn, Cottages and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn, Cottages, And Suites
- Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn, Cottages, Hotel West Palm Beach