“Only Fair- not what I expected from the Marriott reputation.”

West Palm Beach Marriott
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Way in advance we requested 2 extra foam pillows, in a form they sent to me.
We had to call downstairs 3 times to get this taken care of (3 hours wait).
Covered glasses in the bathroom were dirty, as recently seen on a TV special about hotels only wiping out glasses, not washing them. Beware!
Cheap vinyl wallcovering.
Dirty dropped ceiling panels in bathtub., yet bathtub very clean.
Only one washcloth. Vanity is a nice top on top of a crudely woodshop made base, with a nook in it for towels.
It is a nonsmoking hotel, yet another room reeked of smoke.
Only one light for both beds, (inbetween) so it may disturb the other sleeper.
Shuttle service to Convention Center was superb. Friendly, prompt, helpful, etc.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for West Palm Beach Marriott

Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was traveling on business and decided to stay at West Palm Beach Marriott. The rip from the airport went very smooth with their shuttle.
I was very pleased with the room, it was very clean and well-appointed. I happened to forget my toothbrush and when I called down to the front desk, they immediately brought one to my room! Great customer service.
In addition, the bed was very comfortable. I slept so good .

Overall I would suggest this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Not a bad room. However, they actually charge ($12.75) for wireless internet. You can get free internet at travel lodge. The Marriott charges for internet?? C'mon. That's a bit ridiculous. Oh, and skip the in hotel restaurant. I don't mind paying $13.00 for a burger as long as it is a good burger. However, both my wife and I got bacon cheese burgers. They asked how I wanted it cooked and I said rare. When it came, it was well done. I usually don't send food back, but as I said I was paying $13 for a burger (and they completely forgot to put the bacon on both mine and my wife's). The waitress took it back and about 15 minutes later (which worried me because if you cook a burger 15 min it will not be even close to rare) had someone else bring me a new one. This one was also well done. Needless to say I wasn't very happy but since the waitress never came back to the table (she brought us the check earlier in the meal) I was not able to complain. I would never complain about how my burger is cooked at a McDonald's or Burger King or even someplace that actually cooks burgers to order, as long as they don't charge me $13 for it. If you charge that kind of money, expect people to hold you up to the standard you charge.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. Service was fine, but the rooms are disgusting. My green, worn out carpeting had several stains, the popcorn ceiling and yellow plaster walls were also gross. Closet had one of those cheap sliding mirrored doors like you'd expect to see at a bad Ramada in the 1970s. The shower rod was barely attached to the wall and the bedside furniture and desk looked like something you'd find at a rummage sale. Only redeeming quality is a new flat screen TV, which I think is what allows them to say that the hotel was renovated 5 years ago.... but the other aspects of the hotel room haven't been touched in the past decade.

If you stay here, don't pay more than $50 / night. If you can't get that rate, then you're better off staying at a Courtyard or Holiday Inn express. Room standard is likely better and you won't have to pay for a "full service" hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank tliker
Reviewed July 9, 2009

In Aug. 2007 we went to West Palm Beach through Interval and we loved it! My children loved the entertainer i'm not sure if she is still there though. The beach is really pretty and we plan to go back this year. The Service was over all very nice and the rooms were usally clean. We stayed there for 3 weeks and at the last we did get kinda bored because, there is not a lot of stuff to do. What we are going to do this year is stay a week in W. Palm Beach and then two weeks in Fort Lauadale so we don't get bored. Over all it's a good hotel!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed at Marriott in West Palm Beach and were disappointed with the room.

First of all, the entire room stank with the smell of mildew. Secondly, the bathroom and room were not clean.

When I noticed that the room was quite dusty, I called the housekeeping so that they could clean the room. They did clean it but the cleaning was sloppy. In other words, the room was still dusty and filthy.

The other thing that was disgusting was that they put the coffee maker and cups in the bathroom! This is totally unsanitary and they should know better than that.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2009

first off ... let me say that had it not rained for 5 days straight (heavy rain) this review may be a bit better ... but not much.

1 - the entrance to the hotel from okeechobee is a death trap
2 - the parking at this hotel is awful - packed to the limit with people illegally parked due to the fact that there are not enough spots.
3 - we were 3 adults and were expecting 2 queen sized beds. there were 2 double beds and we wound up having to get a cot. NO rooms with Queen beds in the entire hotel. the rooms are very small and with the addition of the cot was even smaller.

the hotel staff was VERY nice

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple