“great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

West Palm Beach Marriott
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
“great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here overnight while in West Palm Beach. The hotel was really nice. Parking was a bit confusing at first. There are 2 lots in the back and some spots have numbers. After calling, I was told you can ignore the numbers and park in any open spot. Good to know!

The room was clean, decent sized and had an amazing bed -- slept great!

The hotel has a shuttle that will drive you downtown to the restaurants/bars and pick you back up. I ended up staying at the hotel and had dinner at The Bistro 1001. I started with the crab cake and it was out of this world. I think it's important to note that you only get 1, so if you plan on sharing definitely order more than one {it's that good}. For my entree I went with the Grilled Local Day Boat Fish {red snapper}. It was so, so good. The mushroom risotto it was served with was perfect. Great flavor and texture.

I can't wait until travel brings me back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear en1187,

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to know you were able enjoy the downtown area along with the shuttle service that we provide. I am also very pleased to know were able to dine in our restaurant, our herbs and vegetables comes from our very own garden and the fish is from local venders (daily). Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to hosting you the time you are in the West Palm Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Our plans suddenly changed and we needed to stay one night in the heart of Palm Beach. We didn't expect the renovated rooms, new bathroom and spacious hallways. More than sufficient for the price. Steps away from great restaurants. We recommend dining outside the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mary J
Dear Mary J,

Thank you for providing us with a feedback about your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear you had a chance to explore the local area and the hotel was to your satisfaction. Please look us up the next time your travel plans take you to the West Palm Beach area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night with free Marriott night. The location is great for access to the rail and the outside of the city. The hotel was nice and well maintained especially for an older building. Workout room was very nice and the concierge lounge had a fantastic view and breakfast.

There were ants in my bathroom when I checked in but the front desk got me a new room and comped me points in no time at all. The staff was fantastic and very responsive. Minus one star for the location as I don't think I would stay here if I wanted to hang out in the city, otherwise a great property!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Peekie45,

Thank you taking your valuable time to provide feedback about our property. We appreciate any and all feedback as this is the key to our success. Please accept our sincerest apologies about the ants and having to switch rooms but I am happy the front desk staff was able to accommodate you right away. We hope to see you in the near future.
Hillsboro MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This place has it . . . within walking distance of City Place (great restaurants and shops), Clematis Street and Publix (grocery store). Stayed here while attending some Cardinals spring training games--not that far from Jupiter, either!
We were on the concierge level and were nicely taken care of by Marriott management. Room was a nice size, bed very comfortable, bathroom lotions and shampoos great, and everything was clean! Even numbered rooms have a nice view of the lake and a little walking area.
There is a lovely garden area by the pool for relaxing, sunning or enjoying conversation. It's also fun to see what vegetables they are growing there!
This was our second time staying, and we will definitely be back!

Green Features: Informative brochures left in room regarding the hotel's efforts.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear LakeshillsboroMO,

Wow! Thank you for such a great review. I am pleased to know everything was to your satisfaction as this is our goal. The herbs and vegetables we use in our restaurant so everything is fresh. We look forward to your return.
Chevy Chase Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Reservations: easy using TripAdvisor.
Check-in: fast and courteous
Room: large, well furnished comfortable, a few stains on carpet and walls but nothing major.
Bathroom: large, well appointed, wonderful bath products, great shower, nice towels.
Internet: free and fast.
Check-out: fast and efficient.

So what is my beef? When I called room service at 915 pm to order dinner the phone rang at least 30 times before they picked up. As I was about to place my order, I was informed that it would take at least ONE HOUR for the food to arrive!! At 9:15 pm at night mind you. Hardly dinner rush time. When I asked to speak to the manager, I was placed on hold. After another 10 minutes on hold, I went down to the front desk. After a little go around with the front desk manager, I was escorted to the dining room where I was given a nice reception, good service, and apologies for the room service experience. The food in the hotel restaurant was mediocre.

And this for $300 per night? No thank you.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear tackle,

We appreciate you taking your valuable time to provide feedback on our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies about the negative room service experience. I am happy the manager was able to escort you to the restaurant where you were able to have dinner. I am pleased to know the check in and checkout was to your satisfaction. We hope this experience did not deter you from returning to our hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We used Marriott points for this stay and could not have picked a better hotel for our 4-day getaway.

The location is awesome. You can easily walk over to City Place, which has just about anything you could need. The hotel has a shuttle service that will take you anywhere you want to go in the area, which was key for us. I can see where renting a car would be nice… parking at the hotel and driving around the area is easy, but we liked having a break from driving! The hotel is also super close to the airport, which is great.

We used the pool at the hotel every day that we were there. It was never very crowded but there are nice lounge chairs and a decent-sized pool, along with a pretty large hot tub. The pool area is very clean.

The rooms are ordinary Marriott rooms, but ours was very clean. The beds are amazing. We thought it was very quiet as well. Not sure if we even had guests on either side of us, but if we did we never heard them.

I think if we ever return to WPB we would definitely stay at this hotel again. It had everything we needed and the location along with the super convenient (and friendly) shuttle service made this a win for us.

1 Thank avaree
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear avaree,

Thank you for such a great review! I am ecstatic to know your stay was enjoyable and everything was to your satisfaction. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in West Palm Beach.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed at the Marriott WPB for two nights and the visit was great. Booked through priceline express deals for less than $110 a night. Room was large and had plenty of room for two people. Free shuttle to airport, 3 minutes from I95, and less than 10 to the beach. Pool was on the small side but had a nice surrounding area with a outside bar.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear CaribbeanCruiser,

Thank you for a great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words on Trip Advisor. We look forward to hosting you when you return to West Palm Beach.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown/CityPlace Area
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Do...
#11 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to West Palm Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!