“An average Marriott on outskirts of West Palm Beach”

West Palm Beach Marriott
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel architecture, rooms and decor etc are standard Marriott. The staff were friendly and reasonably efficient. The gym and pool are sufficient. The hotel is in the boonies and you either need a car, one of the local taxis or the hotel shuttle to get you closer to the main restaurant/shopping areas. It;s fine for a business trip or an overnight stay.

The highlight for me is the bar and its vast collection of different beers. The bistro food is above average and well priced. The staff here seem friendlier too!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Angliskai, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear you had a great experience in Bistro Ten Zero One and were able to enjoy some of the many beers we have to offer. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Marriott West Palm Beach next time you are in town.

There are newer reviews for West Palm Beach Marriott

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've stayed at multiple Marriott brand hotels and looked at a variety of them before picking what we thought was an upscale Marriott (based on the price versus the other Marriott brand hotels in the area.) We were definitely disappointed - it was by no means upscale and instead was very average. Nothing really wrong with it, but everything was just.... average.

Rooms are clean, but small. Pool is heated but right next to the road/parking lot - so a peaceful afternoon is filled with sounds of traffic. It was also 80 degrees when we were there and the small, heated pool was not enjoyable. Front desk staff were pleasant. Again - nothing really wrong with the place but I would have rather checked out the other hotels in the area.

Location is good - we walked over to the city center and drove to downtown Palm Beach (and it was close to the airport.) However, I'd only recommend staying here if you're just in town for a night on the way somewhere else, or if you're going to the convention center nearby. Other than that - try to find somewhere else; or cheaper!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

katensteve, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and choosing to stay with Marriott when you travel. I am disappointed to hear your experience was not exceptional. We strive to create a memorable experience for all our guests. I sincerely hope you would reconsider staying with us the next time your travels takes you to West Palm Beach.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Marriott West Palm Beach provided everything we needed, and more. We selected the property because of its proximity to the Kravis Performing Arts Center where we attended a concert (a group of 'gal pals') and, of course, Palm Beach. As a long-time Marriott road warrior, I appreciated the customary amenities, from the concierge lounge to the gym. Service was great, and we lucked out with a culinary event on the outdoor terrace on the Thursday evening we arrived. We were told this may become a once-a-month event. The chefs prepared lovely tapas-sized treats which included fresh ingredients from the adjacent gardens.
We were provided a shuttle to the Kravis, as well as CityPlace. It all made for a great long weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Everycontinent
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Everycontinent, thank you so much for the outstanding review of our property! I am delighted to hear you and your “gal pals” had a great time while you were here and had the opportunity to use all of our amenities and participate in our Bistro Ten Zero One’s garden party; we are very proud of the fresh, local products we provide to our guests! Thank you again for the lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in West Palm Beach.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'll get to the problems and then focus on the good things this hotel has to offer. Although this hotel is close to the airport, unless you are a local this hotel is difficult to drive to; due to the convoluted road scheme it is situated in. I would not advise walking to the downtown area as suggested by several other posters...much safer to take a shuttle or taxi. The room I had was dated and needs an upgrade; reminded me of Marriott in the 1990's.

The Bistro was excellent. My sister and I had lunch and breakfast there and both meals were outstanding. We met the chef; who took us on a tour of his herb and vegetable garden on the property. This is where he grew his heritage tomatoes!
The pool area is very nice...clean pool, nicely landscaped and plenty of seating. This hotel is not more than 10 minutes to the airport; if you know the short cut.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Sultan1950, thank you so much for the wonderful review of our Bistro Ten Zero One; I am thrilled you had a tour of our herb and vegetable garden with the chef. I am delighted to inform you we have recently renovated all of our guest rooms. The next time you are in West Palm Beach we look forward to your arrival and feedback regarding our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is about 5 minutes from West Palm Beach airport and that was great, as we arrived at 8:30 at night and didn't want a long trek to a hotel. As with most Marriotts, it was clean and adequate. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a nice little courtyard outdoors and an outdoor pool area which we enjoyed during our brief stay. It would have been nice if they would have taken a drink order in the courtyard, though.
The biggest surprise came in the restaurant. The breakfast buffet was a let down. They didn't have much selection and when things ran out, they were not refilled in a timely manner. They also did not have eggs! (When does a buffet not have eggs)? You had to order them special and there is only one poor guy designated to do everyone's eggs, (and waffles). Other than that, everything else was just so-so. They bring a HUGE coffee pot to the table, but it's black plastic, so the waitress cannot see if it's full or not. Many times we were brought a container that had only enough for 2 cups of coffee (barely) although it was big enough for 10 cups. The best thing was the oatmeal...and the friendly staff. BUT - although breakfast was a let down, the lunch/dinner menu was superior in quality. We had most of our lunches and dinners there, selecting something different each time, and the food was excellent. Not gourmet, but much better than average. Did not expect this quality in a Marriott. And pretty inexpensive to boot!
One more downside - the bed was VERY uncomfortable. After 3 nights, we were in agony. Perhaps it was just our room? Also, forget amenities. No robe, no slippers, TINY sample shampoo, conditioner and body lotion bottles. I asked for extra because I needed conditioner, and they brought body lotion. Without glasses - I didn't realize this and used body lotion in my hair thinking it was the conditioner I asked for. Ugh. Also there was no soap dish near the sink. The soap had to sit on the counter or on the paper it came in. I mean, really. I'm not expecting the Ritz, but those things cost nothing. All in all, it's fine for a quick stopover or weekend, which is why we were there - just convenience, but I would not want to stay for a REAL vacation. I don't think my back or shoulders could take that mattress one more night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank skatelefty
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

skatelefty, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I am thrilled to hear you had the opportunity to utilize our courtyard and pool areas. In addition, thank you for your lovely review of our friendly staff. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our lunch/dinner options at the Bistro 1001 however, saddened to hear of your overall experience. We will take the necessary steps to ensure the service and amenities exceed your expectations the next time you are in West Palm Beach.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel seems to be one of contradictions.

At first, the location seemed odd...almost as if it's built in the middle of a highway interchange, but once we got outside of the hotel, we discovered how close it actually is to restaurants, City place, etc. It's also very close to the airport.

I've read complaints here about the hotel being run down and in need of refurbishment, and I sensed that too as soon as I stepped into the elevator...but once I got to our floor...it looked like a brand new hotel. Our room was spotless and perhaps was recently renovated, but certainly up to the Marriott brand standard.

Customer service was mixed. Upon check in, the front desk agent seemed apathetic and unwelcoming, however all of the drivers in the free shuttle (which we used a lot) were incredibly friendly and accomodating...they would take us where ever we wanted to go, and always showed up within five minutes of calling them to pick us up. This is a great service! Although City place isn't far, I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable walking there by myself after dark.
Service in the restaurant was also mixed...although we only ever ate breakfast there.We had a great waitress named Rima (I think) who was always very friendly and helpful. But we also had another waitress who always seemed to be in a foul mood and just tolerated the customers.

One more thing about the breakfast....we always just had the buffet...but they do the eggs to custom order at the egg station....while in one way this is good.(fresh eggs done anyway you want)..it really slows down the buffet line. if you wanted eggs it could take up to 20 minutes to get through the buffet line....and even if you didn't get eggs, the line up for those waiting, slowed everyone down in the line....slow...slow...slow. They should at least have the usual scrammbled eggs on standby, for those who are in a hurry.

The pool was great...the water was warm and there was no problem getting pool chairs even when the pool was busy...as it was when we were there over Easter. Bar service at the pool was also good.

There is a self serve laundry which we used.

All in all it was a very pleasant stay and I would have no problem recommending this hotel as a place to stay in WPB.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

123YHZ, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our property. The hotel was indeed renovated this past summer, and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our new guest rooms. Thank you for your wonderful review of our shuttle drivers and Rima in Bistro 1001. We will review inconsistent service you received both from our staff and the buffet, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Next time you return to West Palm Beach we look forward to seeing you again and I know we will wow you with our service!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location near the bustling City Place and PBI airport. Clean, well-managed hotel. Restaurant / bar, the Bistro, very nice. Many airline pilots / flight attendants stay here. Wedding parties, too. People who travel this much know what they're doing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 290markc
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Mark C, thank you so much for such a wonderful review of the property. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our Bistro's farm to fork menu, as well as had the opportunity to explore the local area. We are looking forward to your return the next time you are in West Palm Beach!