“Good hotel - tricky location”

West Palm Beach Marriott
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Princeton, New Jersey
“Good hotel - tricky location”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

In order of importance:
Bed and bedding - very good and very comfortable
Bathroom - very good - interesting sliding door
Heat/Air System - no problems
Cleanliness - might need to wipe counters and run a vacuum cleaner in the room more often but otherwise ok
Cleanliness of the hotel - very well kept up even in hallways - in fact excellent on that level
Pool area - nice pool deck and spa, chairs are heavy wood with nice pads for taking a snooze - they have bar and restaurant service out by the pool and pipe in nice music
Parking - free which is great because everywhere else in West Palm you have to pay
Safety - good neighborhood for walking around - no rif-raff in the hotel area
Food - unfortuately I did not try the restaurant but was allowed to use the concierge lounge, which was a great place (servers were super) - as for the food, you have to stick to the standard stuff like cheese and crackers, veggies and dip and breakfast was good, but the hot dishes they brought out at night were kind of weird like pasta in tiny tea cups with more other stuff than pasta and the soups were sometimes good but not always.
Now for the less than perfect part: The entrance is on a very busy road and you have to cross it to get in from the highway (to the west) and when leaving you can only turn right and have to make a U-Turn down the line somewhere in order to get the the center of town - but the good news is you can walk from there to City Place (great shops and restaurants) and museum and some of the business locations so you won't need a car on a nice day.
The staff was more than friendly and helpful - they were great.
I would stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: West side faces the lake and sunsets - east side faces town and beyond (the ocean) so you see sun ri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Travelnperson, thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us! Next time you are in West Palm we look forward to seeing you and hopefully you will get to enjoy our wonderful seasonal items at Bistro Ten Zero One!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm a very frequent Marriott guest - and very loyal. I usually stay at the Palm Beach Gardens hotel because my office is right there. This time I couldn't get in because of the golf tournament so had to stay in West Palm for nearly twice the price of PBG property. The key machine was broken at check-in, therefore several of us had to stand around for about 15 minutes until they (very nicely) escorted us to our rooms, but without a key. Checked at the desk about an hour later and it was ready, but they didn't call or let me know it was. The young lady at the desk was very helpful and apologetic, however.
Their location is kind of weird - hard to get in and out of - and doesn't seem walking around friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, the PGA area was very busy this year for the golf tournament! I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to get the keys to you at check in, but I appreciate the kind words regarding the efficiency of our staff.
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff was extremely accomodating from the time I walked in the front door. They greeted me immediately and took my bags. Walked me to the front counter to check in. The bar staff, the wait staff, the desk staff and the house keeping staff always had a smile on their faces and were outgoing and nice. Certainly not what I expected when I came here for business meetings. The hotel was clean and the food was excellent in the restaurant. Another thing that I did not expect when I came here. The restaurant reviews were impressive and were accurate. Great place to stay while on business inWPB. The rooms are basic but that is what I expected at this type of hotel. It's geared more for business and passing through. Not a resort.

Room Tip: The rooms are basic but that is what I expected at this type of hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Darin V, Guest Service Representative at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Bekntony, thank you for sharing your great experience regarding our staff and Bistro Ten Zero One. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very nice hotel, grounds are neatly kept, seating area outfit with fire pit was great for nightly socializing. Close to downtown shopping/dining area probably about a minute or two drive but walking was not for me with a stroller on the main busy road.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank BrianD2012
BrianD2012, thank you for the lovely review of our hotel! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our fire pit and outdoor area. We look forward to your next stay with us!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The room was a little cramped, but otherwise a very nice stay. Amazing water pressure. Free airport shuttle, walking distance to downtown, and a safe area. Nice outdoor pool and garden. Walk to the beach took a half hour to 45 minutes.

Room Tip: Avoid the very end rooms of the hallway, as they seem to be smaller than the others.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank James T
James T, thank you for your review of our hotel, and I’m happy to hear you were able to utilize many of the amenities, including our garden, that we have on property. We are looking forward to your next visit!
RI
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is the second time staying at the hotel. I and my friends are discerning travelers. Stayed on Concierge level this time and I recommend it. Last time regular level and was fine. Reading about other hotels I would not stay anywhere else. So based on 2 rooms and 4 guests two times you have a reliable consistent review. DDD - Chaîne des Rôtisseurs

Room Tip: Go for Concierge level
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ProfDDD, thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the concierge lounge. We look forward to seeing you and your friends for a third visit again soon!
Main Line area-Philadelphia, PA USA
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A 2nd very nice stay at this hotel. Was there for one night for business reasons, but felt like a small vacation resort. Has all the usual amenaties, but the friendliness of the staff makes this a great spot. They go above and beyond, including a personal email before your stay which they actually read responses to. I even asked for a wake up call and because I was in the shower and missed the call, they sent security to knock on the door to make sure I was up. Really great personal touch. Nice restaurants and the room was perfectly fine. Best was location to the fun part of west palm yet only a 10 min drive to the airport. Maybe less.

1 Thank Andrew S
Andrew S, thank you for your great review of the hotel and of our staff’s personal touch during your stay with us! We are looking forward to your next visit to West Palm Beach.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#2 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown/CityPlace Area
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Do...
#11 of 34 in West Palm Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West ...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to West Palm Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!